AVP2: Laggy Multiplayer Problems

DemonKangaroo, Undefined, 15 years ago

Hi I own AVP2 on PC When I use gamespy to play it or even when I use the game disc I get very sluggish gameplay. It used to only happen sometimes but now it seems thats I'm always getting sluggish laggy gameplay with the disc or without the disc, (gamespy Arcade) It does help when I set the graphics to extra low but not alot. If anyone could help that would be great.

Stalker, Undefined, 15 years ago

Your PC might not be powerful enough to handle the game if you're experiencing frame-rate slowdown. Lag is something different entirely.

killswitch, Undefined, 15 years ago

lol, update your Ram and or your graphics card.

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

Your first mistake was installing that hunk of shit gamespy, you don't need it to play avp2 multiplayer, so DO NOT install it! Second, if your not willing to spend any money to upgrade your computer in the near future, I would try lowering all the settings in the graphics menu on the game, and lowering your screen resolution.

If your willing to spend money, try upgrading your graphics card (like Killswitch suggested), I use ATI and it works well with avp2, so I suggest ATI graphics cards. The other thing you can do is buy another harddrive, move all, but the basic windows files onto the new harddrive, this will help increase the speed of your computer.

killswitch, Undefined, 15 years ago

lol 2 - 2 giga bite ram chips in your computer... SORTED!

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

Yeah, that'll help majorly, but it can be a bit tricky if you don't know what the hell your doing. The easiest and safest thing to do, is just get a better graphics card.

DemonKangaroo, Undefined, 15 years ago

It cant be my PC I mean yes its been sluggish heaps lately but only 2 or 3 days ago I got lucky and the gameplay was fine perfect and I was using gamespy Arcade. Thing is that its been more slow and sluggish with the disc or using gamespy alot more then just smooth gameplay. Is there another type of gamespy that works without sluggish game play? And my screen result ion is set o 640x 16 the lowest I believe.

TITANOSAUR, Undefined, 15 years ago

I don't even use Gamespy. I use traditional internet multiplayer with disk. works just fine for me. I have N vidia graphics card. so that may explain why I'm doin good paformance wise.

btw what model is your computer? better yet what year is your computer?