how long can an alien live?

superxinyang, Yautja, 15 years ago

i already know predaotr can live up to 300years but what about aliens?their eggs can stay for very long ,that i know.can you guys tell me about predalien age too?

Waralien, Yautja, 15 years ago

Well that's up for spectulation. Aliens don't seem to show any sign that they've aged apart from growing in size. As for predaliens, its just the same. Maybe they take the predator's life span or maybe they don't. There hasn't been any detail to the alien's life span apart from the eggs. But the eggs don't live very long either. In the first alien movie, I believe that in the jockey ship, where they kept the alien eggs there were other eggs along side the one's in the force field. The force field may have provided a way for the eggs to continue living because (and others may disagree) the other caches had alien eggs but those were fossilized. This shows that eggs do have a long life cycle, but they need a way to provide sustenace. The hive resin provides that. Without it the eggs days are numbered.

Anyone else want to contribute to the idea?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 15 years ago

The original intent was that they only lived for a few days max, but that obviously went out the window with Aliens. There's really nothing to indicate how long they live in any of the movies (that I know of).

Hmm, interesting. But like I said its probably the resin that furthers their life span. Otherwise the Queen would just lay eggs and the workers will just put them in random places. In all alien movies the eggs were in a room with resin covering the floor. The resin, I think, provides sustenance to the eggs.

so the risen might be giving the egg energy to live?

Yes but this only applies to the eggs. As to the adult Xenos, its more difficult to tell. I don't know if anyone here knows a Xeno's life span. In the movies a newly born Xeno's life span is only as long as it role in the movie. Many of the new borns are killed in the movie so there really isn't a way to tell how long one of them would have lived. Maybe its like I said before. Maybe they take the life span of their host (excluding the Queen) and some how alter it to their own benefits.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

I've always been sure that the hive is an organism that can feed on the walls it grew on... because it has so many gut-like tubes, that really don't look like resin and also, the queen's abdomen thingy, the part that lays the eggs, is clearly not a part of her body, but onlt grown around her. And so i belive the eggs are connected to te hive and are fed by it, which is why they can stay alive for so long.

lilwrek, Yautja, 15 years ago

well aliens will live for ever intill(until) a predator kills them.

i(I) even asked the people who made avp. i(I) am sorry i will be more beter(better) at doing(writing) my posts.

Edited and erased multiple posts by Otang on 5-27-08.

DO NOT make multiple consecutive posts! EDIT your post if you want to add something.

Here we go again. Someone please read the rules.

Anyway, that is the true life span of an alien. No one really knows how long one will live. There's always something out there that wants to kill and it so happens that killer is targeting aliens.

thanks

praetorian13, Yautja, 15 years ago

the xeno's don't nessaceraly have a life span but a drone bee lives for about 4 weeks so multiply by 6 because that is how big they are so around 2 years if they don't get killed

What...? Aliens are not 6 times bigger than a bee. Plus, 6 times 4 weeks is 6 months, which is not 2 years...

OTANG, Yautja, 15 years ago

praetorian13
2008-05-24 16:48:15
'the xeno's don't nessaceraly have a life span but a drone bee lives for about 4 weeks so multiply by 6 because that is how big they are so around 2 years if they don't get killed'

What do you mean? A Xeno drone is not 6 times bigger than a bee. Preatorian13 please use logic in your posts, if you continue you may be banned temporarily. Same goes for anyone else not making any sense.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 15 years ago

I've never seen so much false information in my life than I have seen made by some people around here...

Anyway... it's true that the original plan was for it to only live for a few days, but this has spanned to over a century long. Also, it's not known if Predators live only 300 years. I forget who it was (Stalker, maybe), but somebody came up with the idea that says that every ten years for us is one year for them. Remember Scarface, he lived in exile for a hundred years and returned to his clan like only a few minutes passed by. A decade doesn't do much to us physically either, but it really depends on the person.

The-hunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

Im sure in the comic books it says that thay live for thousands of years and if their is no food/hosts the adults go into a cacoone which sustains them

FireHunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

I wish Crow was here, he'd be able to tell us.
Damn I miss him.
Anyway, concerning the life span of an alien, and not the old days, I believe (and don't ask me why) that they are immortal until they are killed, so that then they can protect the hive for the maximum time possible.

Immortal? Im not so sure about that. Sure aliens can survive being frozen and resist extream temperatures for a period of time but I don't think they can live forever. The only one I suspect that of is the Queen. The drones and warriors are just there to serve the queen. I don't think they can live for eternity.

Yes, the resistance to thermal extremes has been said before. However this does not account for the fear of fire in the films. Anderson's idea was a Queen was frozen for storage, but not sure if I'd use him as canon.

Yes, the resistance to thermal extremes has been said before. However this does not account for the fear of fire in the films. Anderson's idea was a Queen was frozen for storage, but not sure if I'd use him as canon.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 15 years ago

I agree that Crow would come up with some great theory... but remember. They're theories. Even much of what we think we know are just the most widely accepted theories that we've come up with since the first Alien movie.