poh.jpg
Predators RULE!

Nick_Kang_20, Undefined, 18 years ago

I don't think the Dan O Bannon and Ron Shusset ever thought of that... o__o

Halloween Logo re-created by Nick

davii008, Undefined, 18 years ago

ive always thought their had air pockets on the side of their heads

daviisig3.jpg
i will slaughter predators whether young,old,female or male...

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

Runner is the name of the OX alien in the AvP games. just wanted to sort that out. The pipe breathing system is just a very populare theory of to how they breath, it's nothing definate. Infact, they might have cells that perform all body functions, except of cause defacting and urininating. You know, cells that digest, carry oxygen or whatever around thier bodies, make oxygen or what ever, and fight of disises.

Davii, that is an interesting theory, but the flaw in that is the protective dome that they are born with. I dont think that the are sacks every inflated in Aliens, even when the aliens make that sharp intake of breath befor they attack.

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 18 years ago

I would think that they plainly breathe from the mouth, though if the drones breathe from those pipes then... you got me.

~~~~~Feet First Into HELL~~~~~

Watch the extended/directors cut. I tend to think those are the more
A) Fuller.
B) what we should use as reference.

Air pockets? Didnt the warriors have air pockets or they were intentations But the runner doesnt.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ok just to sort this out the tube's on there back int for breathing the alien's all breath throuth there mouth's it is that simple.Cause if u watch the movie's when the queen(in 1 of the movie's)start's to screech u can see a kinda smoke come from here mouth indecating there is carbon dioxide(i think it is CO2 we breath out)comin from her mouth meaning she must have breathed in air.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

The tubes are for gas infiltration - they take it any gaseous or liquid elements which are then filterd in the aliens biological system and turned to energy - Aliens don't need to breath - no being that breathes air can survive in space - period.

If you study the films design of the alien from the third movie - it has what looks like filter plates near its 'ribs' this i would like to beleive is what substitues for the lack of the aliens dorsal tubes.

One of the most common explanations for the sight of c02 from the queens mouth in aliens lies in the fact that the aliens supposedly use air to fuel the secondary jaw, using it like a piston of sorts this is a valid explanation but also falls short on the flip side as in space - air does not exist, so what powers the second jaw?

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

there is also the theory that the dorsal tubes are used by the drones to secrete the "resin" which the hive walls are made from, but either way, they are not used for oxygen intake. As dave pointed out, aliens do not need to breathe to survive

stalker.jpg

maybe the alien hase a void inside its head or somewair els that it can store a smal quantaty of air enough to use the iner jaw afyew times before having to refule it

Gemma01Mavrick.jpg

the inner jaw is attached to a nerve, which, when agitated, probably by a specific muscle movement, launches the inner jaw, as seen in the AVP deleted scene titled "predator humour"

stalker.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Don't you just love how all the different films contradict the designs and reasoning already set by previous films......

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

lol, yeah, it's just great ain't it, lmao

stalker.jpg

So what Stalker is saying is that a good way for a Predator to relive itself from the inner jaw of a xenomorph could be to etiher punch the face to nuetralize the nerve thus causing the inner jaw to no longer to function or to take the nerve out by force using nothing but bare hand and pull it out?(I am deeply sorry for going off topic) And now back on topic, from what I have read from the other posts is that they all have one in common, it is the fact that xenomorphs do not need to breathe to survive. But I theorize that the Runner does not have the dorsal tubes is because it might not let the Runner go through small open carverns or vent like structures properly, thus propably making the lack of dorsal tubes an adaption for hunting.

poh.jpg
Predators RULE!

the probable reason for not having the tubes is that only drones can secrete the resin to create the hive, if the theory on using the tubes to secrete the resin is correst, then it means the runner would not need to secrete the resin & therefore, would not need the dorsal tubes.

stalker.jpg

No, I dont think that your theory is correct, Predator of Hell. I think it is mainly due to the fact that they are more comfortable on four legs, and normal warriors/Drones, feel more comfortable standing upright, more or less, and the fact that the Ox alien was more comfortable one all fours, the dorsal fins would have restricted the movment of it's head, when it wanted to turn it's head side to side.

But Drenton how would it restrict the movement of the Runner's head?

poh.jpg
Predators RULE!

The pipes would not allow it to move it's head side to side, of course!

how? if the tubes where thier they would be on it's back like the drones:

Drone:

alien1.jpg
ANd drones can move thier heads fine!

poh.jpg
Predators RULE!

well, Drones/Warrior are not permenantly in the crouching position. Also, the Ox's head is allways closer to its body. See the picsture. If it had the middle spine, it would only have it's head able to at certian agles. Also, I see for that picture, that the Drone/warriors head looks shorter.

Who here has one of those alien figures? such as the bull alien? does it look like it's head could moce well side to side, if it could? make sure the spines are striaght.