My Revew: AvP-R

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

hey all, I have promised to give my revew of Aliens vs Predator-Requiem, and here it is.

I got the AvP-R Special Edition DVD. it costed $24.99 for the DVD and was a good buy...

The film:

when I watched the film I ignored all Critical Revews of the film,Upon vewing it I felt exited and uneasy. wich is good for me, the film was verry well made and I find the exploration of the Alien and Predator Mythos verry settling. but still left alot of mystorys for the two creatures. I also felt a great sence of Armegedon, or near-Apocoliptic feel to the film. the film's gore, violence, and frequent gut wrenching scenes gave the film a well deserved R rating as opposed to the PG-13 rating its Predecessor had. unlike most people, when it came to AvP-R I wasn't conserned for the Human charactors as the Alien's and Predators are the real stars of the film. and I was realy enjoying seeing the human's getting chopped to bits. the human charactor's acting was shitty to a dagree. however as stated I don't think I realy cared for the Humans. the Alien and Predator's screentime increase was well enjoyed by me. the increase gave us more battles, and great develoupment for the true stars of the film. Wolf and the Predalien.

The Darkness:

upon vewing the film I remembered alot of fans were going on about the film being too dark. I vewed the film and I found no problem with the darkness, as the Dark feel of the movie is intentional, wich alot of folks don't seem to get.

the film was made to be dark because the directors wanted to use the "Less is More" feel for the movie. also most of the scenes where made in not so brightly lit areas. I found this approach as a good move. it gives the film a more dramatic, and horrific feel. however as some would dissagree, I would simply advise one to simply darken the room before watching the film. this will possibly help you enjoy the film. unless your just don't understand the approch the directors wanted. however if you feel the film is to dark, might I simply suggest increasing the contrast to 70% or 3 in 4 Quarters.

The Alien Design:

one thing I noticed about the Alien design is that the Drone's design is that they brought back is the Boney ribbed crests to the Alien's head. I also noticed that the Alien's had more personality. Particularly the Predalien.

The Predalien-Queen "Chet":

The Predalien, is possibly the most interesting addition to the franchise. particularly the fact that its a Young Queen makes it an interesting beast. as I watched this beast roam around killing, I noticed it had a Personality of its own. particularly that it would kill more like a Predator then an Alien. infact, 70% of its screen time involving it killing seems to give the creature more of a Predator-like Personality, Snaping the neck of a nurse, and using its bare hands more often then claws and jaws. infact in one scene when she was in the baby room, it seemed to laugh at the infants crying from its presence. when I watched that scene I thought the Predalien would kill the infants. however it just seemed to laugh at them and move on.

the Predalien-Queen's reproductive means was... akward to me. is she a Lesbean? I thought when I saw her go only for women. as I watched her go for the Pregnant woman I wondered if sence she was pregnant, and women are a source of fertilaty maybe the Predalien seeked out women particularly pregnant women because they are more fertile so they can hold more embros.

The more I watched the Predalien, the more I wondered on how cool she realy is. particularly the fact that she bitch slapped one of her own drones. wich is a great show of acting by suit actor Tom Woodruff jr. the Predalien is a great charactor. and I love her. however I was particularly curious for the fact that she lacked acid blood. the Pregnant Woman shot was pushing the limits as I chunked my chicken at the scene. wich I wasn't ready for. finaly, the Predalien scores well with me.

Merseless Hunter, THE WOLF:

The Wolf was a great charactor. showing more of the Jungle and City hunter's feel. mainly lossing the bulk like the Preds had in AvP. also if one listen's carefully the scene when Wolf finds one of the Dead Predator's on the ship, you can hear him, in his own native toungue, speak. although its drawned out by its growling. Wolf also seemed show more in comon with a hitman then a Hunter. also thanks to his suit actor Ian Whyte, he acted alot like Keven Hall's Paformed Predators did in movement. particularly when he removed his mask.

Wolf's use of Duel Plasma casters where welcome in my book. it just gives him more spunk. Wolf also had an interesting mask. looking alot more like the City hunter.

Final word:

over all I give the film a 9/10. the film was good and seem to be getting bad revews because people just can't see a good film when they see one. the film also has nice aspect of the creature charactors. human charactors were good. particularly the lead female charactor. having alot of homage to Ripley.

AvP-R Score: 99%

Gore: 100%

Plot: 60%

Violence: 78%

Battles: 99% (wat more than AvP, wich only scored a flippin 40%)

over all score: 9/10

AvP-R hits number 1 in my list. AvP is number 3.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Cheers to you for making a fine detailed review. I agree with some points of it, but you have understated the terrible acting.

Acting...the acting was god awful, to be blunt it sucked! It was as if the directors went out on the streets, took a handful of random people who had never acted a day in their lifes and shoved them into this movie.

The effect it had on the movie was anytime any humans were around, a corny line would be thrown out and it would ruin whatever tension the scene could muster up. Not only that, but the directors were so damn concerned about putting all those little hints in to refer back to the various movies, they forgot all about writing descent dialog.

I hate to say this, but it ruined the movie for me, I felt like I was watching one of those corny D ScFi movies.

The-Wolf, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I agree with alot of what you said.

About the acting, well I can safely say not all the acting was that great but was not the problem. It didn't bother me because I enjoyed the human characters like Eddie the Sherif, Dallas and his brother Ricky, Kelly. The other crummy acting didn't ruin it for me.

The action with the Predator and the Aliens, both fighting each other and seperated was great. I always get excited for the next scene of the Wolf travling Gunnison as I do with the Predalien and its guards, the warriors spreading their race through the sewers and into the town. I loved this movie. Its one of my favorite DVDs and I'll be watching it 60 million more times.

Pred_Killer, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Excellent observations, well done. I too give the film a 9 of 10, as do I with AvP.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I'm only a little curious as to what score Alien got from you.

Alien - 10 / 10
Aliens - 9 / 10
Alien 3 - 10 / 10
Alien: Resurrection - 9 / 10
Alien v Predator - 9 / 10
Aliens v Predator: Requiem - 9 / 10

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Alien - 10 / 10
Aliens - 9 / 10
Alien 3 - 10 / 10
Alien: Resurrection - 9 / 10
Alien v Predator - 9 / 10
Aliens v Predator: Requiem - 9 / 10

So basically Aliens and AVPR are equal films in your eyes? I respect your opinion, but I just have to say this: ARE YOU NUTS?!

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Indeed, i've said ever since i saw it that AvPR deserves a 7 out of 10.

I'd say...

Alien - 10/10
Aliens - 10/10
Alien 3 - 10/10
Alien: Resurrection - 9/10
AvP - 5/10
AvP:R - 7/10

Also damn, when i saw this i almost thought Cory was back...

I'll stick with my take on things you stick with yours, kay? I think differently than everyone else and I'm fine with that...

Is there like a needle in your ass or something? Why so jumpy? You've had a rough childhood, that's nice but this is the internet, get over it. There is seriously no need to get like OMG DON'T TOUCH ME I'M STERILE every time someone has a different opinion.

Though i probably missinterpreted your reaction this time. If i did, then i'm sorry i called you sterile, i'm sure your sperm is as good as anyone's.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Everyone has their own opinions and thats perfectly alright, however that is why I said that I respected Pred_Killer's opinion. So, DeathWraith would you mind just shutting up?

You were way off-subject there, you know? But oh well, i guess i'll just shut up when you do...

Leandros88, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

well with people saying that everyone can have their own opinion, here is mine.

Alien -853/10

aliens -6374/10

alien 3 -91737235/10

predator 999999/10

predator 2 9999999/10

P.S. I'm just a tiny bit biased on the species.

I'm going to kick your ass, my friend.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Improper fractions?

You dog, you.

Leandros88, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

you wanna kick my ass? too bad I'm in Canada! you Americans step foot on our soil and the world destroys your ass, cuz everyone loves Canada.

Before you start the standard "We're more than just America's hat!" stuff, you should realize that the guy you're trashing isn't even an American.

We've been over this, Leo, no one even knows where the hell this mystical land of Canadia or whatever you call it is, so we Americans can't set foot on your soil, because we don't know how to get there.

I tell you it exists! It is a magical land of bountiful logs and frolicking beavers (both kinds of beaver!) where mighty hockey players knock each other's teeth out for the amusement of laughing children and where people still boo Shawn Michaels for screwing Bret Hart all those years ago.

Brave Mounties ride across the snow-covered hills and traverse the fiords (oh, the fiords) to catch whatever foul villainy has dared enter uninvited. For the Mighty Maple leaf God did decree that-

You know what? I'm going to stop making fun now. One thing you guys do have real healthcare, which is more than I can say for this fucking place.

But enough of this. Back to AvPR.

AvPR: Compared to the original serieses, it does indeed wane. However as a standalone movie it's alright.

TDN, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

The problem with it is even as a standalone guilty pleasure movie, it also fails at that. What would you expect from a movie about Aliens and Predators? 90min of them beating each other up in different bloody fashion right? But nope, we get 60min+ of a story about a pizza delivery boy trying to get a girl from her bully boyfriend and about a mother trying to reconnect with her estranged daughter. I'm all for character developement but this movie does it in such a cliched way that we're left with 2d characters we once again don't care about (like in AVP1). I mean at least the 1st AVP didn't try so hard at trying to develope the characters. Whereas AVPR tries and fails.