did you know?......

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

that the chestburster from alien was not designed by giger?sure,he designed A chestburster but director ridley scott was not happy with it.(said it looked like it had escaped from bernard matthews farm,or words to that effect)so he designed the chestbutster using gigers adult design and just backtracked it.thought you might like that little titbit.also,if u want to own the original model,you will need to make chris de burgh(he's a singer)an offer.he paid just under £30,000 in october 2004 to own the little critter.
THROW.JPG

mmm if only i had that much cash around, i would buy it......mean looking critter it was

davii008, Undefined, 18 years ago

i know the film is old but the chest burster is kool but theres one bit that is kinda rubbish...the bit where the chestburster runs away

daviisig3.jpg
i will slaughter predators whether young,old,female or male...

that is one bit i find a little dissapointing too, but like you said the film is very old. shame when it streaks across the table it doesnt move better, still awesome looking creature though

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

The original chestburster design actually looked like a skinned turkey with teeth believe it or not (I've seen the artwork for it). Actually, Giger only designed the original drone & the alien from a3. The chestburster, facehugger, warriors, & even the queen, were not designed by Giger (neither was the newborn, but it's not really fit to mention that disgrace)

stalker.jpg

i dont see why u lot dislike the new born i thaught it was cool and added a new twist to a movie that was slowly killing itself. if there is anye thin in A res u should dislike mace it the stupid xeno bital at the start cose it was so badly done

Gemma01Mavrick.jpg

ghola88, Undefined, 18 years ago

the newborn was a very stupid thing in the show. it spoilt the originality.

yes but what ur failing to see is that it dusant need to be fast cose its just a prototipe the shape of things to come

well it would have been if it didant kill the queen lol

if the queen lives she would have continued to produce thees new aliens each 1 move evolved than the last eventualy coming to some thing we could only amagin but it would hyave been purfect.

well thats howe i view the new born. the foundation fore something much beter

Gemma01Mavrick.jpg

ghola88, Undefined, 18 years ago

den thats your belief but i thik its i disgrace of aliens.

Dalkar, Undefined, 18 years ago

The newborn (to me) was a waste of time and money. I believe that is was the new born that ruined Alien Res the rest of the movie was decent. But thats just my opinion

Death is only the Beginning

lol, mav, u only like the newborn cause u thought it was cute, lmao, come on, fess up, lol.

I personally thought the newborn was a laughable, ridiculous pile of albino guts that had no place in the alien franchise whatsoever. It should have been something that fans would truly appreciate as a great new addition to the series, but as it is, alot of people wish that the newborn would have been something much better.

stalker.jpg

i like alien and aliens alien 3 alien rec is not to bad movie

predalien26 of the Hive

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

yes i think mav has crush on the newborn :P i dont like the newborn, but to each their own.

but yea i didnt know the chestburster wasnt giger's idea. in fact i never gave it much thought, it seems so far fetched from its adult stage, that i didnt think giger even intended it to be a part of the lifecycle.

otangmodsig2.jpg

Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

Tha Forum Rules

donut, Undefined, 18 years ago

lol yes the giger design of the chest burster did look like a skinned turkey rofl. But i'm sooo glad they backtracked it, the chest burster is pretty cute looking without all the blood on it :3 and about the newborn, i liked it :3 i didnt like the movie and it wasnt because the newborn, it was just somewhat cr@py. Except for the underwater part, that was pretty cool :D but even though i liked the newborn, i didnt think it should of been in the movie, it just didnt contribute anything.

~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

Deathdrop, Undefined, 18 years ago

If anyone has the ALien DVD, the Giger version of the chestburster on the special features.

deathdrop1.jpg

The original chestburster design looked like a turkey with teeth, no wonder it was changed. Like I said earlier, Giger only designed the original drone & the alien from a3, nothing more.

stalker.jpg

come on guy i abmited that i thaught the alien in A3 was cyoot when it was still yung cose it had realy long legs and a short tail lol but the new born is not cyoot atall lol

and i also proferd gigers consept fore the chest burster it looked like something u would be afraid of insed of the worm wee se now

Gemma01Mavrick.jpg