Alien RezA

killswitch, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

lol Funny how movies can become accepted through time, think about alien 3 which i now regard as the second best out of the lot.

Anyway, uestion is do you guys think this will ever be accepted with open arms into the franchise by us die hards???

daveberg, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Yes. Easily. I can now fully accept it, with giant hugs thanks to AVP & AVPR.

That to me, was the last true Alien movie, the last time we saw a decent script, and had a powerful lead character.

In fact, i'm gonna go watch it again tonight. LONG LIVE RIPLEY!

killswitch, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

lol i actually saw it on sky movies last night ..... and this thread came about becasue i thought to myself, this movie is F**king awsome.

We didnt want another alien, alien 3 and certainly didnt want another Aliens. It a unique end to the franchise and even though there are various plot hols and the general theme and lighting dosent stay true to the latter movies. its nothing worth crying over, it has so many positives worth praising it for. Including
as you mentioned ripley. Theres also Awsome looking Aliensand a Cast with a spine lol

Not a fan of that french dude myself, but hes a talented director, i know that atleast.anyways, hope others take part and give there views laterz

Stalker, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Alien Resurrection being praised...by Dave? What has this world come to?

For me, personally, it had its positives...the aliens themselves were fantastic, the tone of the movie was dark & spooky, & overall, it had some great scenes in it. There were also some negatives...the Newborn being the stand-out most horrible feature of the entire film...or any Alien movie for that matter. The cast, while generally likeable (with the glaring exception of Winona Ryder), had far too many "cheesy" moments, although since the dark mood of the movie still remained, I suppose it wasn't a major hinderance to the film. Ripley 8 was also a shadow of her former self...she seemed like a far less serious, emotional character, & rather like someone off a comic strip, which was downright stupid.

Overall, it wasn't a great film, but it still had enough positives to be admired in its own way.