Alien Franchise Stupid implausabilitis

killswitch, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

First and formost im indirectly brand new on the site . Hi my names killsitch and i worship aliens so i dont want people jumping down my throat for simply laying this out and letting you guys have a think about it.

anyway , ive already got a line of deffences lined up for the only alien race , but i dont want to kill a topic literaly before its started

The topic is in the deffence of the AVPR directors and the tought of them having to deal with all the ambiguities of a franchise that has ben pellted off and potrayed in so many different ways.

were basically saying one minute there the ultimate self sufficiant killing machins and the next there nothing more than expendable rodents who can only ammount to anything in great numbers

In avpr we get the later, question is.. ' is this actually the most efficiant portrayal of the alien race

Stalker rasied a valid point in one of the other threads on the board. The only time we see aliens kicking ass in the original alien movies is when its picking off unarmed humans with little resources.

Bar two concepts that when compared to other situations seem nothing more than implausabilities, continuity errors or BS. Actually on one, people mention the presures of space trial the alien faced at the end of alien, but id like to say rite now, we didnt see any evidence of the alien ability to resist the presures of space, certainly not for longer than a human as the scene didnt last long enough to confirm anything close to that. The other is the alien servivng the xxxxx degrees fernace in alien 3 which is also just incosistant since we see other exampls of these aliens being pinned up agasint walls by female marins feet and have there lower torso and heads blown of by a short burst of 7 or so pule rifle rounds. The aliens in fact seem too be pretty fragil.

Is this the perspectiev of predator fans , please include more exampls for me if you can.

(Sorry this topic is so badly types. im using only my left hand, i hurt my right when i was smashing my laptop) ts a rush job, i hope it makes scense

The-Wolf, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I understand what you said.

You made alot of good points open for discussion but I'm just going to start with one.

You said they (Aliens) can't amount to nothing unless in numbers. I disagree. I think they do real good by themselves while against normal citizens. They do better with numbers against more dangerous foe like Marines or Predators.

In AvP, Grid did a great job with the first two Predators. Thats what I would expect from a alien fanboy who wants to give glory to the Aliens. I notice alot of people who discredit AvP but use it as an example that they can kick Predator's asses. Now when you see AvPr, its different. It shows how an elite Predator does against numbers and numbers of Aliens. Now it is a bit of a bummer that the Alien's don't get to take down a Predator, but back in AvP just one of them slaughtered two in a row. Thats alot of glory for the Alien fans. This time around, its only fair to give the Predator fans some glory after what happened in AvP. Scar was the only Predator left to make the Predator fans happy and what did he do? Rely on a caster so the Alien fans can laugh at that. He killed a facehugger.. Sliced an Alien's face off sneaking up on him. Anderson owed us that much right there but still wasn't very entertaining.

The most I can say is I really enjoyed AvPr. Not because of the obvous, which many you unfortunetly think, but because I actually found the characters interesting. I enjoyed the creatures. The Alien may have not killed any Predators, expect for the Predalien, but they did over run a town. Thats the glory the Aliens got. And you already know I enjoyed the Predator in the movie. He really makes up for the last film's Predators. What a relief to see a real bad ass since the first two Predator films.

lol nice . remember its just a topic, not something i believe to be true.

Id also like to exclude Grid from the topic because i fell us alien and predator fans seem to include and exclude Alin versus Predator (1) when it suits us best.

so basically .... your saying aliens are not ineffective on there own becaus they can attack un -armed humans (Who can do nothing to them in reality).. and that groups are only reuired against armd marines that may retaliate.......lol Your actually agreeing with the staemant cory. or so it seems

Huh? No. I think an Alien does its best against less dangerous people because as you can see in Alien and Alien 3, they really did great in those movies untill the humans finally worked together to out smart it. In Alien, it was a strong heroin who finally took the Alien down.

In Alines, they did great sneaking up on unaware Marines. That is untill the Marines face to face. Thats when both sides got slaughtered. But in the movie, the horror was on the humans trying to survive the slaughter of both sides. Altogether, you still see the horror the Aliens deliver. If it were one Alien from the first movie, obvously, it would sneak around picking them off (which I doubt would last long) till a Marine finally noticed it and blasted it with his pulse rifle.

This is why I believe the Aliens are better off working in numbers to kill the Predator(s). The Predators plung into danger facing shoot outs and all for the thrill of the hunt. Whereas if an Alien jumped into a shot out, like in Aliens, it eventully got tooken down harming many in the end. On the other hand, thats Predator's speciality. They hunt dangerous prey where as Aliens just try to survive. They kill anything to survive. Even if they are to be killed, they still have the opertunity to harm the attacker(s) with their acid blood when its neccasary. The Predators don't have acid blood but they are there to hunt the dangerous prey when all Aliens try to do is survive.

Plain and simply, the Aliens just try to survive and feed. The Predators are often called cocky because people don't realize their purpose. Their purpose is to hunt. They are hunting and when they are in danger, they try to survive aswell. There for its very even.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I'll just make one quick stab here. The point i made earlier about the Aliens being put on a pedastal by the Predators as being the ultimate prey - the top of the food chain, the most deadly foes. Well, Watching through AVPR - am i the only one that doesn't see the aliens portrayed as such? Wolf swipes them down one by one without breaking a proverbial sweat, if that's how easy the hunters can take down their most elite enemy, i'd love to see what they do to foes on the bottom of the food chain.....poke them in the eye with spoons, or burp at them until they fall over in submission....pffft, c'mon, can we please get a director/Scrip writer that knows a little history about the two creatures.....

Yes, the Aliens did get their asses handed to them alot and they are the ultimate prey because a single Alien is far more dangerous than a single human. But you go to understand this wasn't a hunt. This Predator was on a mission to dispatch these Aliens as quickly as possible. Not a nice honorable hunt. More of a jump in and take them down. I do agree that it definitly needed to show the Aliens be alot more difficult for the Wolf but I enjoyed the movie regardless.

My question for you is, if the Aliens were more dangerous for the Wolf, and handed him alot more beatings but the end result of the movie was the same, how would you stand about that? Would you enjoy it better or still think its bullshit? (I hope I don't sound cocky, I'm being serious)

lol yeah fair points lads.

Cory , the predator shouldnt be able to decide the pace in which it takes the aliens out . clearly the task isnt a big enough challenge if this is the case backing others point up, the aliens were well and truely underestimated
On the other hand the predalien is portrayed as exactly that.

Exclude humans from the equation, the aliens truely surpass the host in so many forms of capabilities. I could understant that being considered the ultimate trophy or prey. But anyway.........

Haha, by the way the comic book concept of alien eggs being sent to a predator homland to kill of the planets population ..... is kinda scary, think about all those predaliens , haha no wonder they got F**ked up

predator428, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Wolf, you say that the Wolf slaughtered aliens because he was on a mission. So are you saying that a hunt is just a game to them? That their entire culture is centered on a game? When you put it that way it sounds like you are saying that the Wolf was slaughtering aliens because he just really wanted to. What is hunting then, do you think they put in less effort on a hunt? Extermination would be on the same level as a hunt, it wouldn't be any easier just because it was a mission.

haha . I find certain members on this site hard to understand lol sigh ..... Trotts of to avp galaxy . haha

You said "clearly the task isnt a big enough challenge if this is the case backing others point up"

Yes it is a big task, the movie was just lacking in how to show it. The Wolf could have used a few more beatings to show that.

lol Cory, the ability to control the pace and speed at which you destroy your enimey is a sure sign of domination at an extreme level, the hunt is supposed to be something dangerious ... if you mke it out you feel hounered and greatful to be alive, in AVPR the foe is still th same

If this was a hunt. The Wolf wouldn't have been going head on with these Aliens. You'd see him more hidding out, wasting more time before he struck them.

Watch the first Predator. He had millions of opertunities to kill members of Dutch's team off. The Predator decided when to. He toyed with them. Thats how they hunt. If the Wolf were to do that (firstly it wouldn't be in a town) he would hunt like in the first two movies the best he can.

Your missing the point completely . im saying that it isnt a hunt, hs trying to swiftly take care of the aliens and dispatch of them with a degree of ease..... and hes actually succeding.... this goeas back to daves point... how can somthing that can be taken care of so uickly be regrded as the ultimate prey.

In fact if it was a hunt it would be easier for the predator who could bide his time and not risk laving himslf exposed

predator428, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I don't think that the first predator was taking his time at all. Everytime he had an oppurtunity to kill one of the soldiers he took it. The predator was smart enough to wait for one member to get seperated as to loss the protection of the team, he wasn't toying with them.

Well Kill, he didn't have time. The idea was to stop the Aliens from spreading any farther.

Like I said, the movie is lacking in showing that the Aliens are toughier than that. But this Predator didn't fail. He knew what he was doing. Otherwise he wouldn't go on the misssion. If he did and didn't know what he was doing, it would end up like Paul Anderson's AvP all over again. In that case their might be another Predalien. This would repeat itself untill a real Predator stepped in. (not literally but very close) Which is what this movie is about.

predatoress, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

To me avpr wasn't anything more but Fox's miserable attempt to continue creating something bigger, badder and meanier than the original alien. I refer to the predalien by that.

I mean think about it. Just the same thing happened in Alien Resurrection when this ugly mofo got included to the saga.

Making aliens, which are known to be ultimate killing machines, to look like bugs trampled away with ease and the predalien showing at least a bit resistance to the superman (the Wolf) made it look like a badass. Which was ridiculous in my mind.

Well that's my judgement, I can say for sure avp-r wont be found in my movieshelf.

scar774, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Heres how I see it.

An Aliens purpose is to Serve the Hive By defending it and by allowing its species to multiply. Aliens are best when they have numbers on there side and they all know that. If you've ever seen the Alien Directors cut, theres a scene were the alien is trying to turn one of the guys into an egg (I'm pretty sure thats what happened, its been a while). Even though the alien could have easily taken out everyone on the ship on his own, which he prety much did excluding Ripley, He still was attempting to create more of his own species to start a Hive. Aliens entire strategy is to play the numbers game. In the scene in Aliens when Ripley returned to the Hive to save Newt, you can see Multiple aliens surrounding her, preparing to ambush her. Even though, had she been unarmed, A single Alien could have killed her, They still mustered a a group to subdue her. Now Ripley had a gun and was able to spot there ambush, but this still shows that aliens work in groups. Within these groups they pretty much work with a single mind, quickly forming a plan and then carrying it out. This is why when a single alien goes after a predator or armed Marine, They generally dont come out with the victory. Now I'm not saying they always lose, Because there are multiple instances when they have won, But most often they cant try to surround or ambush there target so they have to rely on there own instincts to win the fight, which, generally, arnt strong enough to win. The reason we dont ever see Aliens running away is because there instinct is to fight to the death so even when the alien is greatly overpowered or outnumbered it continues to fight. This is why they generally die when against strong enemies. They also sacrifice themselves, just to kill a single enemy for the Hive. All Aliens, excluding the Queen, are expendable, They do whatever they can to defend or further the Hive. Thats why you see them getting killed alot. When people say the aliens in AVPR were being killed like rodents, this simply isnt true, It was more like they were being killed like ants. Ants act in groups with one collective mind and fight to the death to defend there ant hill. Now aliens are much more dangerous then ants, but there mind set and way of life are much much more similar.

To quote Vasquez 'These things aint ants, man.'

The aliens have two mechanics of being if you like - to Kill, and to Reproduce. The Hive is just an added bonus, a safe haven for their reproduction if you will. There was no evidence of the need for a Hive in Finchers Third Alien film, just a drive for the alien to kill.

Anyway, moving on, i just don't know where they could go from here in the franchise, they've now made out the elder hunters to be almost immortal like entities, even in the most adverse conditions, the hunter barely got a scratch on him - where does that leave the outlook of the Xenomorphs for the future?
If you put it into a different context, Both Arnie and Danny glover gave the preds a good run for their money, and they're just humans, so that said, it makes the fleshlings look tougher than the way the Aliens were portrayed in AVPR, pretty ridiculous when you look at the bigger picture.

scar774, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

In my oppinion, The only place they can go from here is to Make a new monster for the predator to fight, which they'll probly do, and that'll probly suck to. They'll probly make some other kinda crossover with like Jason or something (which I Woiuldn't mind seeing a Fight with Jason and a predator, but the movie would probly be butchered) And they'll just milk both franchises untill no one wants to here there names anymore. Avp and AVPR have made aliens obsolete and Now they'll either just have a whole slew of alien slaughtering as the next couple avp movies or have the predator go fight something else. IMO the only way to save any of the franchises is to either make a good classic Alien 5 were they can somehow make a powerful version of the alien or somehow bring into the story that aliens involved into a much more powerful species since AVP and AVPR allowing for an AVP3 to be more evenly matched or to just split them up and continue making alien and predator movies and just call it a day with the whole avp thing, maybe try again someday when they can find a director to do it right...

You have a good point there Dave. But one thing is, the Wolf did heal himself. They obvously did something. Otherwise - can't really argue with that. All I can say is.. well I've already explained why I like the movie so hopefully I wont have to again.

And Predess, do I read you correctly?

He did indeed heal himself, but if i remember correctly, wasn't that due to the fall from the walkway? Not actually from an Alien attack?

I dunno, i guess in a way, we're all nitpicking, all looking for that famed return to form that Aliens and Predator gave us all those years ago, i just think both franchises are now past their sell by date, they've gone too far in other directions and have left glaring holes and mistakes in their wake.