New hunting grounds

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

Where would you set Predator 3/AvP3/etc. if you HAD to use Earth?

First off, I think a cool location would be Earth several hundred years after civilasation collapses. If anyone saw the latest version of I Am Legend, the way New York looks is a good example of what I'm talking about. Also check this out:
http://www.history.com/minisites/life_after_people/
The only problem is that this would fuck up the alien timeline.

Speaking of which...

This would be an awesome place for an AvP flick. I ahte aliens being on Earth as much as the next guy, but of they HAVE to be here, this would be the place to out them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon_Walled_City

predatoress, Yautja, 16 years ago

Hmmh well first I thought of WW2 in Europe but that would prolly go too patriotic... I hate patriotic war movies, there's no heroes in wars, just losers. Full metal jacket was ok though <.<

Your idea sounds good though.

Hmmh, a bit tricky question.

Aah loved that Life after People but that's pretty obvious lol

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

WWI would be a nice location for the Xenos. Just imagine flooded trenches infested with eggs.

WWII would favor the Preds a bit more. War-torn Europe would work well, and you could have the Pred track his prey across vast distances, something which hasn't really been done in the movies yet.

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

My WW2 idea wasn't meant to be patriotic. I doubt it would be patriotic. I would want it not to take any sides of the war. Terror for Americans, Germans, whatever.

I hate that we'd have to go back into time for a fresh new Predator but what else could we do in current time?

Cory, you got the point, but if it would have American writers it would be doomed to be patriotic - well in most of cases <.<

Otherwise the chaos would be perfect playground for the hunter. See who're the strong competitors, then hunt them down.

MrXeno, Yautja, 16 years ago

Gah, just make a new vietnam movie where Vietcongs and American soldiers battle Predators and Aliens in a dirty rainy jungle with trip wires and traps! Hallelujah! Another screwed up idea... Well not if we include that guy, Gunnery Sergeant Hartman from Full Metal Jacket.

Then we have an exchellent propaganda movie, cos' it will mostly tell about bad bad communists, and adorable Americans.

And well, people should just quit making any more sequels (/prequels) to the genre, I think it's pretty much dried out and it would include too much repeating as well as new stupid ideas.

But DD had interesting topic, and we can bounce the idea of aliens and predators running around with Australian aboriginals to the new level of developed humans travelling space, and everything inbetween the Dark Ages and the history of Japan etc.

Ok now my brains started to hurt so this is the last post for tonight >.< lol