How do the stories meetup? If at all.

lowelldude, Undefined, 16 years ago

I am curious as to how the story of Alien and the story of Predator meet up on Earth? I have not seen the Predator movies yet so bare with me here.

Do the stories actually come together in same way? Or is AVP just a clash of the two franchises?

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

The only thing the Alien franchise and the Predator franchise have in common is a Xenomorph skull, but i don't wanna spoil any further so that's all i'm gonna say.

Venom, Undefined, 16 years ago

Predator is a good movie, but predator 2 shows the link between both francises's. Predator 2 gave FOX the idea of combining the two and making a comic called Aliens vs Predator, which later spread to books, graphic novels, games ect. Then in 2004 as we all know AVP was released and AVPR was released a couple of weeks a go (Last year lol).

So thats the connection. You will find it out yourself if you watch Predator 2 carefully during the last few scenes, both Predator and its sequel are great classics. The only letdowns in the franchises were Alien Ressurection and AVP. Ressurection is the only film 'you' dont need to watch.

alienwarrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

both avps, all 4 of the aliens,and the predator movies all connect u just need to have seen the aliens and the avps plus know what predator one and two are about

predator428, Undefined, 16 years ago

AvP was around before Predator 2. The skull wasn't the idea for the comics, it was just a tip to them.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Predator2 was in 1997... AVP was in 2004.

Timeline:

1. Predator. - 1987
  2. Predator 2. - 1997
  3. AVP. - 2004
  4. Aliens Vs Predator: Reqiuem. - 2007-08
  5. Alien. - ? (anyone mind telling me this one?)
  6. Aliens. - I think it was 50 years after Alien.
  7. Alien 3. - Again, I have no idea.
  8. Alien: Resurrection. -200-400 years from Alien 3.

Maybe I should research this stuff beforehand...

the_doctor, Undefined, 16 years ago

wouldnt AvP-R technically have been set in 2004/5? little time would have passed between the two.

Well, I didn't know the actual time it was set in, but since AVP was set in the year it was released, I was just going with that for its sequel.

well AvP is specifically set in 2004 so unless the preds were up in space for a few years with the predalien on board it would have to take place almost directly after AvP

I know. I wasn't disagreeing. I didn't really put much thought into the post anyway, so I guess you're right.

i wasn't saying you were disagreeing, just mapping out my own logic, lol