Predalien's Posture

OTANG, Yautja, 16 years ago

Humans are obviously humanoids in form, two legs, two arms with a head and neck, standing upright. A Xeno with a human host has same appendages plus a tail, however it walks mostly on all fours.

A Yaut'ja is a humanoid, possessing the same characteristic appendages as humans. So why does the Predalien and its posture seem to walk on two legs only seemingly all the film? I thinks its jsut a 'movie thing' but what do you think?

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

I think since Predators have a more strongier posture than humans which it makes it a big trait that the Predalien takes from Scar.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

All the predaliens i've seen walk on two leggs, but i never tried to explain it, and maybe we won't even have to. Maybe it's because she's a queen that she has the biped posture. Queens only use all four when they need to, right? So maybe that's the answer.

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

Since they are so bulky I think they would have to walk upright. All that weight would slow it down if it ran on all fours.

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

Did you forget that the Predalien from the first AvP pc game stood on its feet. But of course this one was made in a lab. I actually loved that Predalien more than any other Predalien ideas.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Yes, i did say that all predaliens i know stood on their feet. And that predalien was my favourite too. Predaliens are always bigger and slower that drones in the games. But in the games, drones usually stand too when they attack you. In the movies drones are more ape-like, if you look at most of their poses. Just like the runner is more canine-like. But that still doesn't explane why the predalien would walk like that, mostly it resembles the queen, i can't think of anything else.

Good point Death Wraith.
As far as bulk determining posture, I look at elephants, rhinos, even dinosaurs to speculate that 4 legs is better for carrying bigger mass.

Good point Death Wraith.
As far as bulk determining posture, I look at elephants, rhinos, even dinosaurs to speculate that 4 legs is better for carrying bigger mass.

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

I agree with The-Wolf, predators are like perfect humanoids, not pathetic ergonomically challenged jerks like humans lol