Xeno Lifespan

ErdeKaiser, Undefined, 16 years ago

im just wondering if there is any clue on how long a Xeno can actually live being active. To my knowlege(which is mostly restricted to the movies) it hasn't been said. We've seen them live for very long periods of time, but only though cryogenics. Though, i dont exactly know if you could count the eggs in the Space Jocky ship or not, since it seemed pretty icy, though the egg opened up without to much trouble. and on there it had to have been a long while because the Jocky with the hole in his chest seemed to have been decomposing for quite a while.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

It's assumed to be more than a century, and possibly almost more than half as long as Predators.

predator428, Undefined, 16 years ago

I would think they would have to hibernate like in Aliens to live that long.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Humans can live more than a century with a normal life. I don't see why an Alien can't. Of course, our definition of normal life is different than their's, but anyway... A Predator's life is only 300-500 years, so that's only 150-250 years for an Alien.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

It was suggested by the crew in the first Alien that the Xeno had a lifespan a only a few days (due to how fast it grows.) That was pretty much negated with the later films. If the "few days" theory were true, the AvP Xenos whould have all been dead 60 minutes in.