Facehuggers

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 16 years ago

I've got a question for you alien experts, in Alien resurrection, in the water scene, Ripley is facehugged, and then she is able to rip off and kill the facehugger, my question is why in AVP was scar unable to do the same, hell hes 10 times stronger than Ripley and he saw the hugger jump towards him, shouldnt he have been able to rip it off like Ripley?

alien-drone, Yautja, 16 years ago

but ripley has the partile strength of the alien sort of like spider-man he has the proportionate strenght of spider.

shadowatching, Yautja, 16 years ago

1. Ripley wasnt grabbed upon by the facehugger's claws, ut had the tail around the thoat, but it was not latched on her face

2. In resurection as a result of the fun cloning process she went thougth, she has Xenomorph DNA intigrated into hers and therefor is stonger than normal yo

(a friend answered it)

Ok I'm not asking about ripley's strength, and in ALien Res the facehugger had its craws on her, and its tail around her neck, and she was still able to rip it off. Nowbodys going to tell me that Ripley even though she has some alien strength is stronger than a predator. So why couldnt scar simply rip off the hugger like ripley? and shadow I dont believe your friend understood my question.

darkwolfofhate77, Yautja, 16 years ago

Let me see. Ripley is like the she-hulk when she gets cloned.But the guy your talking about is like a him as a cat and the facehugger as the giant dragon who wants to kill him.Is that all.

And your a freakin' moron

nice comeback .Hey uh do u know a kid named Jessy Chany.

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

Someone bann this complete idiot.. he doesn't know who he's messing with.

My guess is it must have surprised him and knocked him out. Thats the only sensible idea I have on that.

Just trying to be funny so sue me.this place is so dreary

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

Everyone chill or I'm locking this topic.

ash, Yautja, 16 years ago

basically if you think about it, in a4 ripley was an alien all the aliens knew she was there mother and wouldn't hurt her, think the facehugger as a child not knowing what its doing yes? Ripley can talk to the aliens as she says she does, its a matter of misunderstanding and riply merely shook it off. Plus if that doesnt convince you then in avp scar didn't actually know the facehugger was there did he? tbh it got him straight to the face and cant take that little shit off for nothing lol. Hope that helps xD

That makes better sense than my anwser.

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

The Ressurection aliens were mutants, maybe those facehuggers didn't have the chemical that knocks out hosts that the other facehuggers have. Such as the ones in AVP.

how do u say they are mutants

The dna crossover from ripley. The queen was infected and it spread to every alien that she made. Didn't you wonder why they looked terrible and acted differently?

_Zwecky_, Yautja, 16 years ago

Well, my personal opinion is that both movies were shit and therefore should not be considered canon. So therefore the conclusion is that you shouldn't take anything from these two movies to heart and they should not be taken seriously.

Just my two cents =P

You are exactly right, I just like to find good answers to make up for director mistakes.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

Dramatic affect for the AVP movie. That and a cheap way of introducing the Predalien, because there's no way a fake Ripley, Alien DNA or not, is stronger than a member of the Predator's species.

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

Im thinking the same thing Ash said, but along with that maybe Scar realized it was useless to try and shrug off. Doesnt the facehugger tighten its grip if you try and pull it away? That just hurts you and eventually cuts off air supply. Plus if Scar tried to cut it off he would get severe acid burns covering his face. It was basically a lose lose situation. Ripley did get the hugger off because like Ash said she was like a mother to a child that misunderstood.

Thats all I think about it.

ErdeKaiser, Yautja, 16 years ago

i agree with the mother arguement, as ripleys DNA is transfered into all of them and therefore probably thought of as more than a mother than the queen herself. Scar was quite preoccupied with marking himself that he didnt notice the facehugger crawling behind him, maybe out of a form of mild exitement of the hunt. So when the facehugger leaped when he got up, there were no ewapons in hand save for his bio mask and no time to react, and before he knew it the coma inducing chemicals where already in him

Leandros8, Yautja, 16 years ago

Guys,Guys,Guys,i have the simplest and most truthful(youll all surely agree)Explanation.It's a movie goof,it looks cool in the movie,you think derectors care about all that complicated stuff about how an alien works?no!it just looks cool so they made it.its a movie,if it were reality then she couldnt,but its a movie,and what looks cool goes!im sure u all agree.