Why Christmas???

Predalien_Claw, Undefined, 16 years ago

I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't want to go see AVP-R around Christmas time.

I mean its the holiday everyone is looking forward to and to me AVP-R ruins the mood.

I don't think many people that want to see AVP-R are gonna get a chance, because they are gonna spend their time with there families.

I'd rather have it out in November just before people get into the holiday season.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

I actually, I think it makes a decent Christmas present.

You can't controll the release date very much.

i guess lol.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

I might go see it with some buddies of mine right after it comes out. The theater will be virtually empty, which means we can yell at the screen if it sucks...

I do think they've shot themselves in the foot with this realese date, though. Most theaters aren't even open on Christmas.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Most people aren't in the theatres the day after Christmas around here either, so if it blows like the big bad wolf does, then I can swear at the damn thing.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

I've never liked the Christmas release, it's just an idiotic money grabbing scheme by Fox, although since most theatres will be closed on that day, I don't see how it will benefit them in the first place.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

i think the release datre is quite smart because if am not mistaken predator 2 was released at christmas wasent it? and its a holiday and people get time off and there gonna want to spend time with there mates and get outta the house for a bit and i hink going to the fliks to see a horror film is a good choice.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

I don`t care who goes to see it as long as i and... well... most of you guys see it, i mean... i gotta discuss it with someone...

TITANOSAUR, Undefined, 16 years ago

I agree with The-Wolf. it makes the perfect christmas present. lets make The Predator Santa, and the Aliens his Rain deer.

killswitch, Undefined, 16 years ago

lol the nearest theatre to me is like 26 miles away :( . But luckily i can drive :D meh , release date is determined by many things, none of which are really down to anything worth knowing

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

I have no doubts that it'll change. Transformers was set for July 4 but since almost every theatre I know of was closed on that day, it was changed to July 3. Since AVPR is a big movie as well, it'll probably change to the day before Chirstmas Eve, or the day after Chirstmas.

Karo, Undefined, 16 years ago

I personally would rather it come out sooner than later, no matter when that is. I don't care that its Christmas, I don't think the people who enjoy things like Alien vs. Predator (so much so as to join any website devoted to them) are the type to care when a movie related to those franchises comes out. Personally I doubt a lot of these people are religious either, but thats just an assumption I am basing on my friends and myself. To me Christmas isn't about biblical fictional characters, Its about brutally awesome ones. Once again, haha my opinion.

My personal opinion is that it would be the best if it came out right now in October, because right now people want to be scared around this time and that it fits right with the monthly mood for halloween. Christmas just seems weird to me. I heard someone comment on how predator 2 was out in halloween, but it didn't do so well in the box office. I don't think people would want to be scared in Christmas.

If they could control when they would like to release the movie i bet it would be either this time or november.

I read on Planet avp's news section that they've changed it to the 26th.

Blade_Monstrona, Undefined, 16 years ago

I don't care when it comes out the cinema is only around the corner where i live, not doing anything over the christmas holidays that I know of unless family visit and if they do they probably want to watch it to.

Saint, Undefined, 16 years ago

the 26th is probly better because of the lack of open theatres

ryrak, Undefined, 16 years ago

ill tell you why, they just want to increase anticipation.

Saint, Undefined, 16 years ago

for real. everyones gonna be like "oh, its gonna be out around christmas." and think christmas will make it better.

well you never know, it is the season of miracles haha

cole, Undefined, 16 years ago

hi there guys,and gals if they is any gals?. i dont care if its out at christmas ,im gonna go see it the very day its out, i cant wait...ive seen the trailer 6 times and just get more excited.
i have all alien and predator movies and await the day i can add this one to my collection.

I wouldn't mind seeing it on New Year's for some reason.