Question about the Movie, Alien, with Space Jockey

Kidd, Human, 16 years ago

I apoligies if this question was asked before, but last night, I was bored and decided to watch the movie Aliens. When it came to the part where Newt's dad saw the Derelict, I then remember about a Space Jockey being found with a hole in it's chest. I know Xenos are able to take the genetic properties of their victims and that is when I begin to wonder,"What does that Xenomorph looks like that bursted out of that Space Jockey, if it were NOT the queen?" I know that they can lay in dormant for years and not bother anything unless they are disturbed.

The movie Alien took place fifty-seven years before the events with the Colonial Marines on LV-426, if memory serves. I don't know if there is any telling of the Queen being there that whole time, but all we know is that there were eggs in that ship, and Kain triggered one, causing it to impregnate him.

I can only guess that the queen was the one who chest bursted from that Space Jockey, but yet, I do not know have a very good answer to that question.

Again, I apoligies if this question was asked before.

shadowatching, Human, 16 years ago

With out the queen to lay those eggs, then they won't be there. I do agree 'where's the queen, or the xeno in the chest'?

But, just like the one that poked the Egg, to be impregnated, maybe you have to disturb the queen for the same reaction.

predator428, Human, 16 years ago

The theory that is widely accepted is that the jockey did not give birth to a queen. He filled his ships cargo hold with eggs, a queen didn't lay them on the ship. Wether the eggs for for research or for a weapon is unknown but at some point an egg broke free and impregnated the jockey. They resulting drone eventualy died and the ship lay dormant until the arrival of the Nostromo. This is just a theory but most people think it's true.

Saint, Human, 16 years ago

Yeah that theory makes the most sense, because the eggs were layed in an even type pattern, and the queen just puts them wherever. And If it were a queen that initially took the colony in Aliens they would have contacted the company first, instead of them sending troops because of inactivity.

-Bloo-, Human, 16 years ago

Aliens certainly do live longer than fifty-seven years, which means the Jockeyalien was alive during Kain's encounter. If Predators were sent to clear up the mess, don't you think the eggs and the ship would be gone, as well as the Jockey's corpse?

Saint, Human, 16 years ago

Well the jockeyalien could have been dead because it said tha jockey's bones were fossilized and that is WAY longer than 57 years

Kidd, Human, 16 years ago

Yes... but my question is,"what do you all think it would look like?" The alien that chest bursted from the space-jockey.

This question may be rediculous... but it got me to wondering.