AVPR (Dont look for a winner)

killswitch, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

lol The sites unofficial grumbler is back for another moan lol im sure yall love me anyway .... *raises eyebrow* ....... onward to the point

Anyway, for just one momment id like you guys to forget that realistically we cant really have an actual winner in avpr simply because i dont think Fox would allow it. From the aliens point of view, no matter which form of information you choose to derive your opinions from the humans dont record the acknowlegment of the alien species until the film "Alien".... it would ruin continuity otherwise and even tho i refuse to count these bullshit spin offs as part of the great franchise .... the writters seem to like the possibility of the franchises exsisting within each other.

And from the predators point of view, well this one is funny because in theory, the predators winning wouldnt actually be a gap in continuity as firstly the predator films happend before AVPR and secondly a predator occurance has already been recorded by the humans ... there is no problem with a human discovering a predator and living, tho as we know it seems to be in the predators best interest to keep this secret.

but anyway, remember im asking you to forget all the above and think from the point of view from some kid who likes the idea of avp and dosent posses much common scense or actual knowlege of the franchise or the patience to whatch a master piece from 1979 lol shouldnt be a problem for most of the members on the site ....... LMFAO ., OJ OJ

If your thinking to yourself ... whos going to win, or in most of the members from the site`s cases, whos going to do better ..... WHY THE FUCK are we looking to AVPR??? is it me or have most of the predator fans from the site acknowleged the fact that the first avp was biased towards one particular species and indeed some of the alien fans might agree that too.... In other words were acknowleging that the films are ..... "Just some fag director(s) opinion or interpretation of how the battle should go....

Question is... can we really take anything from AVPR as regards which species is more efficiant at "X" or "Y" .... do you guys think were going to learn anything in terms of the name of the movie "ALIEN VS PREDATOR" ???

daveberg, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Couldn't agree more. Let's boycott these ridiculous VS movies and get back the real franchise.....

lol glad you agree berg

tropic, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

i bet you both stump up the sterling to go and see it though.

Haha ..... Bloody rite mate ..... lol your a legend harrigan lol

Yeah, thats true .... i dont wanna miss the ride lol and once the movie comes out every pre-opinion anyone has ever expressed will probably need rewritten depending on how good the movie is .well see about that ... + the movie has aliens in it lol .... id pay just to see some crunching and munchng :)

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

what I don't get is. why do we "HAVE TO" consider the AvP movies cannon anyway? I mean. Its not like theres some rule made by God that says "any film about any franchise must be considered cannon!" I mean we should just have fun with them. whether you want to consider them cannon or not.

anywho. I beleave any movie pitting two diffrent franchise is okward anyways. however this doesn't mean I don't want to see the movie. its the thought of choosing one over another is utter foolishness. especualy if it invalves two of the greatists franchises in the universe. and I say that for both ALIEN and PREDATOR fans. having these two fight is like lighting both ends of the stick. if the Alien wins. the Pred fans gets pissed. if the Aliens win. the pred fans gets pissed. simply put I agree. these VS movies are utterly unnessisary, and are dangerous to our health. however. that doesn't mean we wont watch the movies.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Yes, however you think about it, AvP is much better as a video game or comic book concept than as a movie. In the games it`s easy to tell who will win: whoever you play as. And the action of a comic book can be bent much easier to make an eaven and "fair" outcome for any of the species. But in a 2 hour (or less) movie the situation will always seem unfair to some or to others. To have predators and aliens fight sure is pleasent, but there will always be arguing about who should have won and why, and who was stronger and who was favorised by the director. You can be sure that as long as it`s not me making the movie, it will always be like this: the aliens die, the predators die, and a human comes out victorious, however pitiful the acting or the character is. The reason i liked the second trailer so much is that i saw a few predator and alien scenes separately, and they looked great. No AvP movie can be good for everyone, because they fight and they kill eachother and there will always be talk about bias and such. But as i`ve said before, i don`t care who "wins" and i don`t care if the aliens slaughter the predators or the predators slaughter the aliens, as long as they do it good. It`s worth seing a species in all it`s glory, even if the aliens isn`t that species.

TITANOSAUR thats a fair point mate, i personally dont like to consider avp/R as part of the franchise myself. Just a shabby spin off for as we say in Ireland " A bit of Craic" Unfortunately the direction is aware that some do, i mena there not going to any great length to keep them cannon, after all there story is stand alone. but at the same time there not going to go as far as having the aliens ..... say captured and there exsistance recorded by mankind.... so as regards continuity/ non-continuity i think there probably gona simply tread on the line and not cross either side of it

lol DeathWraith, i dont even think you know how rite you are lol, on the other hand , i enjoyed the games and comics as much as the next obcesive fan , but i cant say i didnt ask for the movie too lol hell it wasent the movie i wanted , but i did ask for one

Skull-Taker-101, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Don't have an opinion on the movie yet..But I will sure as hell be seeing it when it comes out on DVD (Why and R? WHYY?!?)

But yeah, I'm going to keep on the sideline for this one, so if it sucks I ain't dissapointed, and I won't look at it with a bias in my mind and only see the bad points of the movie.

Secret_Hero, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Well, in every person who have post here is right. What can we even learn in VS movies? Is there really a Moral Lesson in the movie?

And as the other said "It's only to have fun" well they're right, the main purpose of the movie VS is that:

WE WOULD SEE OUR FAVORITE (ALIENS OR PREDATORS especially for the HUMANS) MOVIES IN ONE VS. MOVIE AND THEY FIGHT EACH OTHER FOR THEIR LIVES/RACE, AND TO SEE WHAT FIGHTING STYLE THEIR GONNA USE WHEN THEY SEE EACH OTHER IN THE MOVIE.

^That's good about VS. movies, of course.