Badass Wolf

Saint, Undefined, 16 years ago

The Wolf predator is being shown as a total badass and fans are loving him, but i'm worried that with all the hype about him it may become a dud once the movie comes out. It always tends to happen and then people get dissapointed because they've built it up so much. Realisticly, how do you think the Wolf will turn out?

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

From what i`ve seen, Wolf may turn out better than City Hunter... Undeniably better than what AvP gave us.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Even though the hunter might not live up to its hype, he will definitely deliver.

yes but people thought AVP was going to be REALLY good n then it wasnt on the same level a peoples hopes for it

That's because it was AVP. Aliens Versus Predator. Not once has this happened in movie history, and no I'm not counting City Hunter's trophy.

But now, even AVP2's trailer shows a more badass Predator and Alien than the entire AVP1 movie did.

yea that's true.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

Rarely does a character appear so awesome as Wolf does in the trailer.

I mean, in the TRAILER ALONE we see him lift two aliens almost casually, score an awesome double headshot, rip an alien in half with a never-before-seen whip weapon, and do that awesome eye-glowy thing from Predator 1.

That qualifies him as badass in my book. When I read posts about Wolf, I'm not sensing love so much as relief. Everyone's glad they at least got the Predator right.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

He catches the predalien's inner jaw with his bare hand as it lunges at him in the new trailer, if that's not badass, then I don't know what is.

From everything that we've seen so far, The Wolf looks to easily be the most deadly & skilled predator we have seen yet, & to be honest at this point it seems like it would be near impossible to mess up or ruin his character.

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

For one, i will be the site stickler here and say - how the hell can you have ALIENS vs predator without a queen. Seems the bros have done all they can to redeem the predator for this movie but laid off on some of the alien inclusions. I'm still so damn torn up over AVP that i refuse to be anything but skeptical or at least sit on the fence until this movie proves me wrong. I'm sorry, but even though the footage in the trailers is great blah blah, we've still only seen around 4 mins of this film,

not enough to convince me.

The wolf does indeed look truly hardcore, though perhaps portrayed as a little too 'superhuman' if you will, elder or not, i think it's fool hardy to have one hunter in the midst of an alien outbreak, not particularly feasible, all the Xenomorphs need to do is use gang mentality and he'd be done for.

Sorry, i know i'm picking holes and being negative here, but i can't help it....where oh where is my beloved Alien 5........

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 16 years ago

i have to disagree there dave.

i think that wolf was sent in when the alien outbreak wasnt that serious. and he though that he could clean it up quickly. but then all hell breaks loose and the aliens spread...

OTANG, Undefined, 16 years ago

I can see Dave's perspective on this unbeatable Yaut'ja. It doesn't seem feasible, but then again if he couldn't do the job, why was he sent in? ;) It is obvious that this film was meant to vindicate the bafoons that starred in AvP and bring back honor to to Yaut'ja...but then again thats what's kick ass about it, geeza :P
Down with the Queen!

Karo, Undefined, 16 years ago

Seriously, how can it not be good? These two brothers at the helm direct music videos and do special effects hahaha, No seriously it is kinda worrying that they have never directed a real feature length film before, but at least its rated R. Wolf is a Predator, in a film not directed by Paul Anderson, I guess thats all there really is to say.

They didn't say anything about a Queen before Aliens premeired, and THAT had an 's' in the title... at least, that's what I was told.

I agree with dave (except for the queen part) on that you don't really know that much about the movie because we've only seen limited info abou it. Although I do like how they finally show a predator as it shoult be.