predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

I saw that too, what a jackass!

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

my god no wounder scar fell in love with that women at the end of the film.

xeno_slayer, Yautja, 16 years ago

how the fuck can you have a romantic predator.
its a monster. wow Paul anderson is a dickhead

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

well said slayer lol.

Saint, Yautja, 16 years ago

Now that's a little harsh. I mean no that's not what people want to see when they watch a Predator movie, but he was just stuck in the same old americanized idea of movies where they always stick in some retarded love sub-story.

xeno_slayer, Yautja, 16 years ago

trust me. thats not harsh.
thersno way a predator should ever be described as romantic.
the predator movie scares the living shit out of people. he skins guys alive for gods sake. theres nothing romantic about a pred and there never will be

Saint, Yautja, 16 years ago

Well not from a human perspective, but i'd assume he was thinking from a Predator point-of-view, much like the books.

for the record, i don't think they should have included a romantic addition either, just playing devil's advocate

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

Well said Xeno Slayer.

No he shouldn't me romantic at all. They come to Earth to hunt and nothing more. Not falling in love with their prey. When people go hunting we don't fall in love with deer. Well I hope that goes for everyone.

If you want a Predator to be a bit different - work on each Predator's personality for each film more. Including coragraphy. Make each one different in motion but the same hunter. Don't go out of character and make them fall in love... especially when it isn't their own kind.

voodoopred, Yautja, 16 years ago

1. were did that 2. romantic isnt the same thing as what a girl pred would call sexy(sorry if that word is not allowd).

Stalker, Yautja, 16 years ago

To put it quite simply, Paul Anderson isn't worthy to breathe near the Predator franchise, even by doing that he would probably screw something else up.

I'm just glad that the Strauses aren't trying to make the predators sappy or "romantic" in the next film, finally they will be portrayed as they should be again.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

I want my Predators cold, emotionally muted sociopathic killers. I want to see Preds skinning people alive, destroying property, and causing general violence and mayhem for no descernable reason.

These guys are killer aliens from the 80's. Not fan fiction fodder. I'm tired of the "Unite-in-love-stare-fondly-at-the-moonlight-I'm-so-cool" Preds of AvP with their shiny blades and soft, boy-ish faces.

It would seem AvP:R is going to rectify this problem, which I couldn't be happier about.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

Sad thing is, many of the so-called fans who have never even seen any of the original films like the idea of a Scar-Lex "thing," almost as sickening an idea as the Newborn.

I've witnissed such on sites like DeviantART.

scarfangirl, Yautja, 8 years ago

I like the romantic side of scar he is still a kill er but also has a six of a large man. Like. Come on personally I am fangirling. He is really cool lots of weapons and has a soft love side. But still kills like crazy

skull_ripper, Yautja, 8 years ago

If they really felt it necessary to give him a romantic side, they could've at least had the decency to add a Female Yautja character for him to funnel his affections towards. Would actually be interested in seeing Yautja courtship rituals, would be kind of swanky.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 8 years ago

Somehow, I can't see a Yautja courtship ritual consisting of much more than a hulking monster of a female looking over a male's collection of skulls, going "Eh... Good enough," and then fucking him so hard he's walking with a limp for the next six weeks.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 8 years ago

Now that's what I call popcorn worthy, two tickets please.

badapple24, Yautja, 8 years ago

theactualfuck. But, seriously idk about romance? Like maybe more like animal courtship. Perhaps they would go back to one another within the next courtship period or whatever, but not stay together forever... just ew.

I mean, based on what we've seen over nearly 30 years' worth of movies, comics, novels and video games, Yautja (or Hish, or Predators, or Hunters, of WHATEVER...) don't strike me as a terribly romantic people. I mean, we're talking about a culture that is not only fine with, but demands the large-scale hunting of other sentient species for shits and giggles.

Need to know who'd be the best husband? SEN THE MALES OFF TO KILL SHIT, WHOEVER'S STILL ALIVE IN A YEAR GETS SOME POONTANG.

Lost a slap-fight with Schwarzenegger? BLOW YOURSELF UP.

Fail to kill Batman in the allotted time frame? COMMIT SEPUKU.

Pyramid we left behind covered by a million years' worth of ice? BLAST IT WITH A GIANT SPACE LASER.

Kill an unarmed old lady? DISHONOR! Kill an armed old lady? DAMN, NICE SHOT!

Coming of age ritual? RELEASE XENOMORPHS ON PRIMITIVE PLANET AND GET WORSHIPED AS GODS SO WE CAN FIGHT ACID MONSTERS AND THEN USE THEIR BLOOD TO BURN SYMBOLS INTO OUR FACES, NATCH.

An alien queen, the most dangerous being in the universe? YEAH, JUST THROW IT IN THE SHIP WITH A BALLGAG IN ITS MOUTH, WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

Need to get to the surface of a planet? SIT IN GIANT LAWN DARTS AND GET SHOT INTO THE ATMOSPHERE.

I'm just saying... This is not a species that's real big on things like nuance or logic. They once got into a giant battle with an army of street gangs in the middle of New York and then left because, hey, it started raining, and who wants to get wet when you're killing shit, M'IRITE?

Their culture is entirely based around hunting and killing really dangerous aliens, and EVERYONE apparently does it! That charismatic young politician who had the great plan to create affordable clean energy for Yautja everywhere? WHOOPS, HE DIED FISTFIGHTING A SPACE YETI. The brilliant scientist who discovered cold fission? TOO BAD, STEPPED ON BY THE FUCKBEETLE OF PLANET LOOGABOOGA.

This is not a great way to progress as a civilization, is what I'm saying.

They are either completely bugfuck insane as a species, or their brains are so fundamentally different from ours that we are literally incapable of comprehending their thought processes. They're like Cthulhu on speed. Do we really for one second think that their idea of "romance" (assuming they have one) would be anything like ours?

I mean, even assuming Scar and Lex are mentally compatible (which they really shouldn't be, given she watched him slaughter, like, 6 of her colleagues mercilessly, but never mind), why would anyone assume they're physically compatible? For all we know, Ole' Scar's packing a retractable two-pronged proboscis covered in quills down there, and Jesus Christ, why have I been writing about this subject for this long?

I think there may be something wrong with me.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 8 years ago

You spelled a lot of things wrong in that long post, but come one man, "sepuku"? It's "sudoku".

But yeah, I agree that it's most likely we are unable to comprehend how their society functions just from the bits we've seen. The only romantic-like gesture I've noticed has been between elder and human, in the awarding of a trophy before leaving.

It's interesting to note that Scar was left to fight the Queen to the death as if at the risk of her escaping, even though there was a ship right there ready to blast it to pieces and Scar never questioned it. It wasn't a "guys, I think I might not be able to do it, you'd better get over here because it's out of my hands" attitude, it was like "I'm going to kill it and if I die trying, I'm still going to kill it." So for us, this kind of fight to the death scenario can be romantic, like the ending of The Wrestler, but I think to them it's just routine. I mean is it romantic when Ronda Rousey beats her opponent in just a few seconds? Probably to the loser it's romantic, but not to her.

So I don't think the relationship between Scar and Lex was any more romantic than the relationship between Roy Scheider and the theoretical bigger boat.

Never take an Adderall at midnight.