how was the predalien queen created?

voodoopred, Undefined, 16 years ago

can somebody tell me how was the predalien queen created?

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

I assume you're talking about AvP: Extinction? The Doctor combines Predator and Alien DNA. Pretty stupid story, although it was a cool mission.

isnt there like a comic book or something

Karo, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yeah I remember that level of Extinction, it was sorta brutal but kinda in bad taste lo/ Delivering its head to the shrine was kool. I don't know about the comics, I'm sure such a character appeared at least once though.

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

Feasably speaking - if we're looking at the films, the facehugger that latched onto scar HAD to be a superfacehugger, there's no other logical explanation, it implanted the queen embryo inside of the hunter and....well, you know the rest........

Some will now argue and say that the queen is a pure breed and doesn't take DNA from it's host etc etc, but that, remember, is just Internet hear say. We are seeing this on the silver screen now so i'd say if that's the case, then we should take the predalien queen (Dear lord) as cannon

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

I highly doubt the creature from Requiem will turn out to be a "predalien-Queen", as it is far too small. We expected the predalien to be larger than a drone or warrior in the first place, so it is no surprise that it towers over the predator, but it is still noticeably smaller than any Queen we have seen thus far.

Rumblings are so far that the Predalien is indeed a queen.

I personally spat acid over this thought, i do not want to see that whatsoever. They've already stretched the boundaries to what i believe to be plausible, this, if true, is just going too far.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

They've already begun referring to it as a predalien-Queen on AVP Galaxy, but I personally think that everyone is jumping the gun on this idea. All we have to go on so far is the creature being referred to as a female, & a single shot in the trailer which made it appear as though it had a large head crest.

To further prove my point, it is plainly obvious in this image that the predalien has no distinguished features or characteristics of a Queen, such as the small secondary pair of arms on the chest, or the elongated & pronounced jaws. It is also easy to see that the creature is only slightly larger than a drone or warrior, on the other hand, we've all seen how massive a true Queen is.

Agreed. I think people are indeed, jumping on the 'crest' bandwagon. If you look at the shape of the predator head at the back, it has an almost rounded, regal look to it, i think that is what they were trying to portray by giving the Predalien that certain look everyone is questioning.

OTANG, Undefined, 16 years ago

On a slightly askew note.....The (ahem)PredAlien has some dreads, my wonderment considers whether they will be articulated appendages or simply hang down with little purpose. Humans have hair, but Xenos never obtained that characteristic from them, so why now? I personally don't think that's a queen, but I'm sure we will learn soon enough.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

"Some will now argue and say that the queen is a pure breed and doesn't take DNA from it's host etc etc, but that, remember, is just Internet hear say. We are seeing this on the silver screen now so i'd say if that's the case, then we should take the predalien queen (Dear lord) as cannon"

Oh dear god, why.

But on a more optimistic note, maybe... it might be... ...a little... cool.

There. I said it.

I know it's a longshot, but the design of the thing is awesome anyway.

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 16 years ago

i think the strause bros said that the predalien will serve essentially the same purpose as a queen but will not be a queen per say.

and dave, about what you said. the predalien doesnt have to be the only reason there are aliens on earth. there could be variables we dont know about yet.
maybe the pred ship was carrieing alien eggs on it. or maybe some aliens survived AVP(a stretch i know)

although it is likely that the predalien will serve as the egg layer, it isn't the only logical possibility.

The Predator ship was almost definitely carrying alien specimens on it - watch the trailer as the facehuggers scurry out of broken containers....

I don't think they predalien has anything to do with the aliens on Earth, just responsible for the crash landing of the Hunters craft.

But, that said, we don't know how many specimens there are, so, to coin a phrase....'So who's laying these eggs?'

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 16 years ago

ahh good points.
see i was under the impression that the facehuggers broke out of a human lab for some reason

I think there are no eggs being liad at all. personly I think the eggs on the predator ship are the only ones.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

It may be possible that there's a "Superfacehugger" in one of those containers. Maby we could get a possible Queen. What if the Strause Brothers have a few surprises for us. I'd love to see a massive Queen charging down the street at the military and slaughtering them with one swipe of its enormous tail blade. Knocking over cars and taring down buildings..

And Bloo, I'm not nagging you but did you not read Stalker and Dave's discussion? Furtunetly to Stalker's points that this may Predalien not be a "queen" after all. Its way too early to jump the gun as of yet. The crown look we are all seeing is a physical characteristic of the Predator crown-like edge of its forehead.

voodoopred... As of where these eggs are coming from.. Its up in the air. We know the Predalien is being responsible of making sure a hive is made so these creatures can reproduce and spread across the town. Judging by the trailer there has to be a Queen if this Predalien isn't producing eggs. Remember how the moniter in the trailer shows how the Aliens are spreading. These eggs have to come from somewehere and not just the containers from the Scout ship. I doubt there's that many eggs in the ship. Thats very dangerous and very predictible. As I said, maby there's a "Superfacehugger" in one of these containers.

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 16 years ago

Since Preds hate and hunt aliens I don't doubt that maybe they could have had a lot of Face-huggers. Face Huggers are small and they could have collected many, but If their is an alien laying the eggs, I doubt it would be the predalien, maybe there is a queen or like I said earlier they might have captured a lot of face-huggers, after hunting them for however many thousands of years that clan has been around they've had plenty of time to capture them.

I think the Predalien is just a cool feature, it may be the reason they crashed but as long as the preds kill the son of a b---h I don't care, plus I'm just glad it's being taken to the forest for a bit and then the city, like the old movies, not an old pyramid.

TITANOSAUR, Undefined, 16 years ago

I tell ya what would be cool to see. the Queen Alien rampaging through a city. with the Drones, Runners (I did hear there will be other hybrids in AvP-R), And Facehuggers following her. wouldn't that be a site to see in the film.

as for a Predalien-Queen, I must admit as much as I don't like the idea. it would be a kick-ass design to work with. and would be cool lookin. but eh the best place for a Predalien-Queen is in Fanfiction and should stay there.

There is no Queen. The directors have confirmed this.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

The predalien is not such a big deal, i don`t know why everyone thinks it`s so special, in Alien 3 there was the runned, and noone made such a big deal of thast, the predalien is just an alien that came out of a Predator. A "predqueen" would be a very big deal though, because that would contradict everything i just said. Maybe they wanna introduce the hormone storm concept or so, but still, when it gets killed, the predalien looks nothing like a queen. Maybe it`s killed when the process is still incomplete or something, i don`t like the idea of the hormone storm, and i don`t like the idea of "predqueen" at all, but who knows. I have no problem with the idea of a Queen that came out of a predator to have some pred traits, that`s not such a big deal as long as it doesn`t look ridiculous. Now if there were a queen and the predalien still tried to reproduce and make it`s own hive, THAT would mean a "predqueen" and it would be illogical and stupid, no matter how you try to explain it, as long as the predalien is the one from AvP.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

By bad, dave. Never cought that. But I've heard that the Predalien will be able to "morph" oganic materials into eggs. Wasn't that the idea of the first Alien? I know that is mentioned in the special features of Alien but I only have my very old Vhs of Alien that my mother boughts around the time it came out.

Thoughts regarding the "morphing" technique?