Overrun

Saint, Undefined, 16 years ago

Are aliens able to gestate within a dead body? Because i've noticed how in the AVP movie how they were all worried about the aliens growing and escaping, btu there can be only as many drones as there are hosts. There were only a few people in the sacrificial chamber when tha eggs showed up. The predators killed most of the people early on. So i'm just wondering how so many aliens came to be.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

If the host body dies while the chestburster inside is still undeveloped & in the infant stages of its life cycle, both will likely die, at least according to the Alien films, although this has technically never been proved.

As far as the sacrificial chamber in AVP, there were actually quite a few hosts in there, around 6-7 if I recall, not to mention the several people that were later captured & used as hosts by the aliens as well.

Solo_Predv2, Undefined, 16 years ago

My thinking is (hinting from the alien movies) Since the people with the chest bursters inside them wanted them to kill them mabey that hints that if they killed them it would stop the Chest burster from bursting. Mabey there is a second way for chest burters to develope, like a emergency way like there is something isnide the egg that the Face hugger can emplant the tube in and the chest burster growns inside the egg and eats the egg to grow or something.

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 16 years ago

Think of the alien growing in your body as a women with a baby growing in her, if she dies the baby dies. Stalker did a good job in explaining it. Kudos to him