Why would a Predator ship crash?

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

From what you can see in the trailer for AVP Requiem, a Predator ship arrives at earth, seemingly stable and intact and the next thing we know its crashing towards the planet. Apparently some of the Predators on board were killed as well.

I was wondering what you think might be capable of doing this, I was thinking escaped Aliens but if that were the case, why would it be so significant that the crash broke those face hugger tubes open? I mean, if there were already Aliens loose.

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

The predalien.....seeing as Dave posted the News thing about AVP2 comtinuing from AVP then it would be the predalien. The predalien probably didnt even go for the preds as most of us thought it would, it probably turned a unsuspecting pred into an egg, then while the other preds may have been looking for it the predalien could have just snuck to the ship controls and thrashed them.

Then the predalien survives somehow(maybe a pred pod?) and then makes some more alien eggs to be found in the forest as we saw in the trailer. Then Wolf probably gets some signal or maybe gets called in to investigate. There, one crashed ship, Predalien + some more aliens, and one badass pred to try and take them all down.

Stalker, Yautja, 16 years ago

The predalien managed to escape from the AVP ship & board another, smaller ship, where it massacred the predators on-board, causing it to crash into Earth. The other ship which was seen flying towards Earth was The Wolf's, as he was sent to eradicate the alien contamination & destroy all evidence of both creatures' existence.

that does sound somewhat legitimate Stalker, the only part that bothers me is that Predators could be that careless, i mean not knowing about that Predalien? Its like they bring back bodies of these young Preds who were fighting Aliens and they don't even consider for a moment that one of them might have been impregnated with an Alien, I mean u'd think they have x-rays or something. Not to mention letting it get on another ship.

x_saysell, Yautja, 16 years ago

I realy hope that the crash has nothing to do with the predalien because, frankly its very not much bigger/faster/stronger than a drone.

I hope that the ship is taken down by something like a AA-gun that has picked up the Predship on a satalite as it pased by (yea i know they can cloak but they still send off electo-magnetic pulses)

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

i agree with stalker but the strauss bros said alot of preds get killed off by the predalien which i really hate if i see more then 3 preds get killed off by that thing i am just gonna loose my mind. and i doubt they will introduce that egg morphing thing into this film or any other films featureing aliens because its been more then 30 years since anyone seen the egg morphing thing.

Broken_Tusk, Yautja, 16 years ago

On a smaller more compact pred shit I could see the predalien causing some damage. Those smaller ships carry roughly a dozen or so preds so if it actually has managed to sneak aboard it could kill three or four of them very quickly. It may also, as far as killing all of them thats a stretch since there would be a leader and other blooded warriors on board, so hopefully there is some sort of skirmish in a control room area and the flight controls are damaged thus leading to the crash.

Hunter_Predator, Yautja, 16 years ago

Why don't you just wait for the movie and see their explanation instead of guessing. Maybe they like being dramatic when it comes to landing.

daveberg, Yautja, 16 years ago

It's not speculation - the directors have confirmed that the reason for the crash is down to the Predalien.

delta-boy, Yautja, 16 years ago

i agree with x sayell id hope an american aa gun took it down.

Stalker, Yautja, 16 years ago

Is anyone here actually paying attention? Dave just re-enforced what I said earlier, the predalien brought down the predator scout ship & killed several of the preds on-board. The Strause Bros. confirmed it in their recent interview, so there is no second guessing or denying it.

daveberg, Yautja, 16 years ago

Ever get the feeling we're trying to run in quicksand, Stalk?

tropic, Yautja, 16 years ago

what i dont like on here anymore is stuff like "i hope 3 or more preds dont die as the predalien is only same as a drone".to be honest it does my fucking head in.like dave says,too many infantile, uneducated kids on here.i very rarely post anything anymore and that is the reason

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

what really does my headin is that they even have a predalien/queen in the second film.

Yes, I noted it when you mentioned the directors having said it was the Predalien, but I was just sorta confused by the vagueness of the statement. Considering the film is not out yet i guess thats alright, it just seemed too simple an explanation. Didn't mean to seed a meaningless conversation haha oh the crisp irony.

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

Killa, i dont really see why having a predalien in AVP2 would annoy you.....as its a totally possible thing that could ahppen and already has. If you could explain alittle then maybe i would see it your way.

Plus there has been no mention(not that i know of) of a queen in the second AVP. And if you meant a Predqueen, then that makes no sense either as that hasn't been mentioned to be in the movie by any source.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

He means that the Predalien is supposed to be a female, replacing the Queen, thus totally messing up the whole life-cycle continuity. I really hope they change this by the time of the final film.