Pred Mask

Saint, Undefined, 16 years ago

I was thinking about how preds have pretty tight masks n some of them are very detailed. So what kind of pred mask is tha best? Do you like tha detailed kind or tha plain kind? I like tha mask the elder pred held in his hand in AVP at tha end, with tha runes carved around tha trim and some kind of pendant on tha forehead.

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

I was actually a big fan of choppers mask (As little on screen time he had) i think it was very under-rated and shadowed out by Celtics (also) fine bio mask.

The Masks from the original 2 Predator movies were ok, prefered City hunters one, had some harsh definition to it, a tougher edge to the look.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

I personally think The Wolf's mask is great, it has the strong angles & definition of the Predator 2 mask, but with many deviations of its own, such as the shortened crown with the spikes along the side, & the scars & claw marks across much of the face.

Aside from that though, the original predator's mask, while very basic, still looks fantastic in my opinion, it has a truly classic & formidable appearance. Celtic's mask also holds its own well, as it was easily the best & most unique seen in AVP.

Blade_Monstrona, Undefined, 16 years ago

I like the mask from the first and second movie and also Wolf's mask.

Maverick98, Undefined, 16 years ago

I profer the masks in the first moveis as the smother design would provide better armour protection quality.
astheticly i like chopers mask lol

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

Scar's mask:
I wasn't very impressed with Scar's mask. It seems like a fusion of Predator and Predator2's mask. I didn't look to menacing to me.

Celtic's mask:
I really liked Celtic's mask. It was very mean and adtimadating in appearence. It also reflected his cocky personality.

Chopper's mask:
Chopper's mask was interesting but wasn't, like Scar's, mean or evil looking. The cyclops eye ruined it for me.

"City Hunter"'s mask:
I love the "City Hunter"'s mask. It wes very demonic and adtimadating like Celtic's. It was my favorite for a long time.

"Jungle Hunter"'s mask:
The "Jungle Hunter"'s isn't my favorite but its classic and I respect that orginal design. Before I ever saw any other Predator movies I always thought it was very evil looking.

The Wolf's mask:
The Wolf's mask is now my favorite. Its nothing more than a new "City Hunter" mask with some new features to it. I love the gray almost black color and the Predator's horns that stick out. The feature above the eyes really emphasizes its evil look. I'm very impressed.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

i kinda like this preds mask.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/9461

predator428, Undefined, 16 years ago

The original predator's mask from the first movie used to be my favorite, but from what I've seen the Wolf's mask is the best. I thought City Hunter and the avp predators had decent masks but I didn't really like any of them.

OTANG, Undefined, 16 years ago

I prefer the mask from the original film. It was simple, sleek at the same time.

anyone notice that at the end of Predator 2 theres a pred with the same mask as a guy in AVP.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yes. That was cool to show that the mask wasn't the only one like it.

Killa, thats the Wolf's mask.

Lone_Hunter2, Undefined, 16 years ago

the original. Wolfs is the only one that beats the first one for me.

I guess tha kind of mask is either done by clan or more likely, the blacksmith who made it. putting his own signature design to it. thats what i think anyway.

The inscriptions on the mask are to show that he is en experienced hunter who has killed many worthy opponents, they were not done just for show.

well yea, but i was talking about the whole mask in general. Like the celtic style mask could be made from a certain blacksmith or sumthin to show his skill in his trade, whereas the generic smooth basic one could be made by anyone.

There are many possibilities as to why predators have so many different masks, it is quite possible that when a mask is first made for an individual, they are able to have it created to their own appearance & standards. Although I'm not so sure that predators would use traditional "blacksmiths" to make them, since their technology is so incredibly advanced.

I'm sure it's a more advanced version of an average blacksmith, btu I think the tittle "blacksmith" goes into anyone who makes armor and weapons

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

Even though Predators are advanced they still hold some old rituals and ideas close to them. Such as hunting, they dont have to hunt, but it holds a sense of honor and accomplishment and its an old for of sport.

If it were me, i would much rather prefer to have armor and stuff hand made rather than some advanced machine or something, its just the idea that someone put their time and hard work into something rather than a machine mindlessly making it 1000s of times a day that makes me appreciate it more.(thats probably not what you were getting at Stalker but i thought i would put it there anyway.)

I don't mean an automated line by any means, as I mentioned that each individual would more than likely have their own mask created the way they chose, which doesn't fall into the "automated production" category.

What I meant is, the tools & techniques used by predators to create their equipment is obviously much more advanced than what humans use, & so it would be more of a precise artistic process to crete the masks rather than the clunky mechanisms used in many cases on Earth.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

you can pretty much do anything with the right metal shaping tools and skill. But did you mean like a more experienced form of blacksmithing? Not nessecarily hammer to anvil stuff but more advanced metal shaping tools.

Or were you trying to say that Preds probably make their own helmets on their own?

yes, exactly. hammer and anvil is most definitly outdated to high levels of technology but advanced blacksmithing is still blacksmithing