The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

I heard they were using both themes from Aliens and Predator. That really excites me.

Solo_Predv2, Undefined, 16 years ago

Like putting them together or someting? hmmmm that would be cool though

Saint, Undefined, 16 years ago

yea they should keep stuff from the original movies bacause they used beats instead of songs and that seems to fit better. If you think about it, its better cause preds are tribal creatures and aliens are creatures of instinct and wordless music adds to that better. Gives out more of a feeling.

TITANOSAUR, Undefined, 16 years ago

why not have a rock anthem for a theme? I always thought a Rock andthem would work verry well. plus an Anthem doesn't have vocals. (most don't anyways)

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

Sorry, but that's absolutely ridiculous.

How on earth could you give the alien/predator rock music as a theme?!? Or any theme for that matter? That would strip away any small bit of credibility either franchise still has left.

Stick with orchestral music, just the score. Leave any actual 'lyrical' music in the film as small background noise, ie a radio or TV on etc. It's bad enough they've had to cheapen our favourite monsters by making these comic book fantasies onto the silver screen, at least the best we can hope is that they don't go too overboard with their elaborate addition to the 'series'

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

I'd prefer to stick to the traditional orchestral & instrumental music which has been present in all of the Alien & Predator films to date, even AVP had an excellent score. In serious franchise films such as this, it is vital to keep the mood & tone of both series alive, & lyrical tracks would completely ruin that in my opinion.

As far as a "theme" for Requiem, we have already heard "Silent Night, Holy Night" in the Green Band trailer, as much as I dislike the Christmas-themed release, although I have heard that some of the original score from the earlier films will make a return, which should be great.

No solo, they are not combined. I'm sure they are played in different parts of the movie.

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 16 years ago

i have to say, it would be cool if the soundtrack had some kickass rock songs on it.
i mean look at underworld evolution
her portrait in black is atreyu's best song and it was written for the movie.
id love to see that, and im sure it will happen because of the strause bros' connection with that kind of music.

Solo_Predv2, Undefined, 16 years ago

IM thinking rigt now that a song that coud be used would be like an instumental or orchastral that is toned dark that is slow at first and there ares ome jumps to fast peices and than a big finish loud and fast.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

i wanna see some kinda rock theme that i can nod my head too lol.

I would hate to see a rock song as a theme to the movie. Maby for the soundtrack or being played inside the movie. I wouldn't want to hear that kind of music listed anyways. Thats just my opinion.

as long as i hear some kool rock music in it im happy.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well if the Strauss bros. understand about what kind of a soundtrack the movie needs you wont be happy Killa.

To me, no matter how much i love rock/metal, it just wouldnt fit in a movie like this, its good to go with the classics.

My favorite was the music in Predator, the drum beat with what sounded like a horn in back, i think it is played in the beginning of the movie and when the movie shows the camera floating over the jungle for a birds eye view.

I cant remember too much of the music for Alien or Aliens.....so ill have to re-watch those.

yea some hard rock might fit into a big battle scene or sumithn, but as a whole, its good to have strong beats in it.

To me, rock/metal only works in action movies and some others like "The Crow." but not every genre of music works with every genre or title or movies.

I agree with what Dave(i think) said, any rock music or anything will just take away some of whatever the movie has left going for it.

I guess it really depends on the direction they want to take the film.

From multiple sources it seems like they are going for the creatures "roots of horror" or something along those lines.

hmm i'd assume they'll go with suspencefull type music then. kinda get your blood pumping

TITANOSAUR, Undefined, 16 years ago

ya know to tell the truth. I realy don't give a damn about the soundtrack as long as the movie is good.

same i oculd always make a music vid outta the movie anyway.