AvP 2 box office predictions?

the_doctor, Yautja, 16 years ago

really how well do you think it will do in dragging in the crowds? with almost no hype in the film community and most people in the general public (from who i know) dont seem to know it exists could it draw in the crowds? i know its still early to gauge the public about due to Fox's marketing not really...well marketing the film much at the moment. can we expect most people to brush it off as nothing because of AvP 1?

really i hope the film does well because even if it is bad it still keeps the franchise alive. but it just seems when i mention it to alot of people the rule it out automatically because of AvP.

what does anyone else think?

Stalker, Yautja, 16 years ago

I personally think the film will still do great at the box office, there are plenty of rabid fans who will rush to see it regardless of what it may be like, even those with low expectations will go to see it just to prove themselves right or wrong.

I think the hype & excitement factor was definitely kicked up a few notches after the trailer was released though.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

i think it will draw in a big crowed soon as they start showing of avp-r pics in magazines, tv commercials and trailers at the cinema. we just need to give it a little while before it catchs the public eye.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

Well, it's horror, and regardless of what us fans think many people will claim it as a really good movie, like they did with AVP1.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 16 years ago

I do not think that it will matter whether people are fans or not, if Fox does a decent job in marketing the film. It's an action science fiction film, that draws many differnt crowds whether they are die hard fans or not. I believe it all depends on the movie, if it is a good film, word will spread, if not. Then there you go.

Solo_Predv2, Yautja, 16 years ago

Ok well i think that it will do well because of some kids taht saw the first avp and thaought it was the best thing in the world and havent seen any other movies in the alien or predator series and some loyal fans of the franchiese but i also think thats some people wont show because the other avp wasnt that great it wasnt like the worst ever but it wasnt that great so it might drag people down and make them not want to see it.