Predator's Home World Featured in AvP Requiem?

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

This articles from Bloodydisgusting.com reveals that in AvP Requiem they might possibly show us the Predator's homeworld.

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=4937

Thoughts?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

What the hell are they calling the predalien "she" for (apart from most of the aliens being actually female)? They`re not making a new breed out of it, are they?? They should just call it "it" and not "she" cos that is pretty annoying. Some of these directors should really check a forums site before making a movie and see what would piss off the fans and what wouldn`t.

Hm... this article looks concerning to me, cos i know some of you predator fans don`t really care what stuff they add on the alien half as long as the predator kills them in style, but to make a new big deal out of the predalien, well, that would contradict many of the things we took for fact... maybe that "new world" thing reffers to a complete change in the alien or predator universe, or maybe it reffers to what happens to the Earth at the end... but in any case a homeworld would be a much better possibility...

tropic, Yautja, 16 years ago

looks like fox have stumped up extra deniros.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

I'm actually not too excited about the origins of the Predator. Their mysteriousness is what makes them so great.

On another note, Cory, how did you change your name? Or is that a new account?

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

Cory's is a new account.

Anyway i do agree with Bloo on the mysteriousness part, but i still want to see the predator homeworld, or maybe even the Alien homeworld as the article says

"Might this be the film that finally offers a glimpse of either creature’s home world? Only time will tell."

note that it says EITHER!

If they do show one of the homeworlds, then i hope they do it right.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

is there any point at all to feature the preds home planet in this film?

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

Ridley Scott says on the commentary of Alien that he always thought a fifth Alien movie which showed their home world would be a very interesting idea and that if he were to do it, thats the direction it would take. He has obviously never committed to such a project, and that commentary is a few years old now.

I think that the Derelict space craft was an excellent way to introduce the species as some sort of locust that has been foolishly spread across the universe. I wouldn't mind seeing their home world in a film, but my view of them as a concept now is just fine.

Seeing the Predator home world just doesn't sit right with me, it would be like when they showed Kashyyyk in Revenge of the Sith haha, it was way kooler when they showed it in the 70's. If the first Predator film showed a glimpse of their home world, it would have at least been tastefully done, not some CG Machine city bullshit that we would undoubtedly get these days.

Saint, Yautja, 16 years ago

Sounds interesting. I wonder in what way they will show the world, if at all.

Stalker, Yautja, 16 years ago

I remember one of the directors slipping up & mentioning the possibility of a homeworld in a recent interview, but personally the idea doesn't seem that appealing to me. The film takes place on Earth, so I don't see how they would really be able to do much with the "homeworld" scenario.

Personally, I have no real interest in seeing it, as the fact that predators are from a "far off world" & are invading ours is mysterious & compelling, but actually showing their homeworld would destroy alot of that mystery, & therefore make it somewhat less interesting in my opinion. Although I suppose we'll have to wait & see how it turns out.

Saint, Yautja, 16 years ago

I guess that's true. Plus, predators are supposed to be nomadic by nature so I'd assume the actual homeworld isn't really that important in the first place since they are more like...the ancient vikings, in a largely general sense.