I say we take off and nuke the sight from orbit

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

I have been thinking alot lately about the best way to eradicate an alien hive. My first answer was a nuke but that got me thinking. Xenos are very resiliant. If they can survive in space than they must have some kind of protection from radiation. If roaches could survive a nuclear blast could a xeno?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Yes, some of them may survive, that`s why the self-destruct bomb was invented according to AvP... Well... actually not, but it sure is more effective!

Nitras, Yautja, 16 years ago

when it comes to being destroyed aliens must have a way to secure that at least some of their species remains. It hasnt come up in any of the movies but there's a way

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

They don't actually survive in space. They can withstand it because of their lacking ability to breathe to survive, but the empty black vacuum would eventually crush them.

Broken_Tusk, Yautja, 16 years ago

its not radiation that kills you in a nuclear blast it is the heat wave released from the force. Yes the radiation is deadly after the blast. It would be hard to tell as we have no idea if radiation or poisonous gases harm xeno's or not, I don't think that a hive would be wiped out from a nuclear bomb being dropped, however it is very possible if it was detonated inside of the hive. Then if any of them survived I guess we would see if radiation killed it or not.

Saint, Yautja, 16 years ago

Yea nuking from orbit wouldnt get he job done because all youre doing is attacking the surface, whereas the aliens will make a lair underground, allowing many to survive the blast.

Saint, Yautja, 16 years ago

Yea nuking from orbit wouldnt get he job done because all youre doing is attacking the surface, whereas the aliens will make a lair underground, allowing many to survive the blast.

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks (assuming all aliens were within the blast radius) (which would be HUGE) that it would be impossible to survive a nuclear blast?

"Nuclear explosive devices can have a wide variety of yields. Some older bombs had yields of about 20 megatons, or 1540 Hiroshima bombs. A megaton is the amount of energy released by 1 million short tons (907,000 metric tons) of TNT. Today most nuclear devices have yields of less than 1 megaton." - The World Book Encyclopedia. Chicago: World Book. 1999. 597.

Well they`re aliens... we don`t really know if they`d be crushed or anything, i mean, the heat isn`t likely to kill them, the blast could just throw them away and rip off a leg or an arm, or both or all of them, we don`t know how strong the exoskeleton is, and it also depends on ho far they ar from ground zero, how much debris falls on them, if anything impales some vital organ and i forgot the rest of what i was gonna say hm...

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

Well they are obviously less dense then steel plating, as they are shot and killed all the time, try and find a piece of body armor at the center of a nuclear detonation, utterly vaporized man.

But steel plating melts in molten steel, doesn`t it? And aliens don`t. They are made of different material, and plus, if an Arnold can survive a huge explosion, why wouldn`t an Alien be able to?

the_doctor, Yautja, 16 years ago

it would be very surprising if a xeno could survive a nuke, i mean the explosion should burn or rip apart anything in the blast...the pred's self destruct device seems to have the same effect as a nuke and xeno's have been killed from that so it seems doubtful.

That`s why i said that it depends on where the alien is compared to ground zero. The blast could miss it just enaugh or hit it with a strength that is not enaugh to destroy him...

the_doctor, Yautja, 16 years ago

yea well was able to find some way of surviving the blast and was resistant to the fallout then it could survive but it depends on the location of the hive and such. the xenomorph are like a virus it takes alot of effort to completely wipe out all trace of them in an instant. its one of those things where you cant really have a solid answer

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

plz dont double post.

i would of thought the preds wrist bomb would of killed them all like they did in the avp movie where those 3 preds are on top of that temple fighting all of those aliens climbing up to them.

Yes, but a pred`s wrist bomb is not the same thing as a nuclear bomb, it is much more powerful, since that small thing alone can do as much damage as the huge bombalicious thoing they dropped on Hiroshima. And it is much more accurate, the full damage radius can be set by the predator, but a nuclear bomb is more powerful in certain conditions than in others.

Plus, i think the queen wasn`t killed bu the wrist bomb, so maybe she could survive a nuclear explosion too... but that`s only a long shot...

EDIT: oh, by the way, did you just tell a clanleader not to double post??? that is so disrespectful!!

Stalker, Yautja, 16 years ago

AVP answered this question without doubt, as the predator self destruct bombs obliterated thousands of aliens in the flashback scene, & destroyed the entire hive & pyramid towards the end of the film, killing off all the aliens, except the Queen, who had already gotten far away from the blast.

On a side note K1LLA, nobody double posted, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

er... is saint a clan leader?

and sorry if he is i dont know whos who and i keep making mistakes.

Stalker, Yautja, 16 years ago

He's talking about the_doctor, obviously misunderstood who you were talking to.

oh sorry i thought there was only one page to this topic lol.

Maverick98, Yautja, 16 years ago

its baised in the futier so its safe to prasume that the nuke is more powerfull than a curan nuklear weapon with a reduced amount of radiation. modern nukes are desighned to detonate about a kelomater above the ground macsomising the airia afected anye thing on the ground would be instantly blinded then hit with a shoc wave strong enough to rip flesh from bones then insinorated. the masive presur diforance would then caus anye under ground structiers short of reinforced buncers desaigned to survive such attacks to cave in obveously crushing the ocupants. then as the presure equlises air rushes back towards the mushrume cloud wich is still a raiging inferno behind the smocke draging debrie including aliens back into the explosian. this efect can be seen in footage of nuklear explosions the shoc wave forces thinbgs violantly in 1 direction the the vacume of air sudenly drags in gack in the oposet direction. something that can be squished buy an APC killd with a rifle stabed with a wrisblade would NOT survive such an event.