Queen and Predator downside

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I just realised that alien queens share that vanity that brings down the predators, because whenever the queen dies, it is because she takes her time to show the enemy how big and strong she is, just like the predators do.

Say stuff about this.

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

doesnt look like the case to me in Aliens(the movie). but if someone could show me otherwise then please do.

Well, as i remember, the queen took a few moments to stare at the synth or something like that, and that gave Ripley time to do something, but i don`t remember the movies so wel right now, i just made this topic because i`m tired and can`t control my actions very well hehe...

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I don't think it's quite the same thing. With Preds, it's just them becoming overconfident. With the Queen, it could be an instinctive response. Kind of like how some lizards do push-ups to show dominance.

Well... i say this assuming that a queen is more intelligent than most lizards...

But in Aliens the queen wasnt blindsided or anything, when Ripley came out with the powerloader the queen took her focus to Ripley, and they clashed head to head. The queen didnt go "why is that door opening?" and flew out of the airlock, she was holding on to Ripley with everything she had.

I`m not following... I figure... any creature would try to hold on to what it was holding while it`s getting dragged into the vacuum of space?

What i`m trying to say is that the queen gave Ripley enaugh time to kill her just like the predators give their enemy time to kill them. The predators may do it from sense fair-play afterall, but the queen is a huge powerful being and in charge of all these other powerful beings and she knows it, so what i`m saying is that she usually underestimates her enemy, or actually, overestimates herself. And so do the predators, but of that we already know.

Ofcourse, i`m sure a predator wouldn`t uderestimate a queen, especially while he`s got her tail through his stomach, but when the queen saw two small beings, as big as those she usually has under her command, she must have thought that they are weaker and have no chance against her. So a queen, unlike a drone (who will wait for a chance to efficiently sabotage the enemy), and more like a predator, will show vanity in what she does, because she is the queen and she thinks herself superior. Just like Jungle-Hunter and City-Hunter didn`t kill their pray when they had the chance, but wanted to play with it like it had no chance, which lead to their deffeats.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

i do think preds get over confident and they like to hear there prey scream for mercy before they die as for the queen she'll probably stare at you for a second or two to see what you do then she attacts and rides like hell.

Wraith, the first sentence in my post explained pretty much the rest of it. In the Pred movies the yautja didnt expect what was coming to them, they just waited and got a surprise.
The queen was in the middle of a fight and was taken down fighting, she didnt stare at Ripley and then fly out of the airlock taken by surprise. Dont you think the queen was smart enough to know the airlock was where she was about to fall before Ripley pressed the open combination?
If the airlock wasnt there, then the queen would let herself fall(maybe), then just climb back up and be ready to fight again, but the queen had to know about the airlock and that is why she tried to take down her enemy or atleast stop the airlock from opening.

Does that make it any clearer, in short words, the queen knew it was coming and wasnt taken by surprise like the other yautja who got too cocky.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

wow well said warrior.

I was saying that the queen died cos she took her time with that synth instead of killing Ripley as easy as she could have...

Ripley couldnt have taken the queen down herself.....she wasnt even in the powerloader when Bishop was ripped in 2. And when Ripley came out with the powerloader the queen was occupied with Newt, but then focused her attention solely on Ripley when she said the famous "Get away from her you bitch" line.

No surprise there and if there was the queen was ready.

Waralien, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I've noticed characteristics between the queen and a T-rex. Both size up their prey or attacker before going in for a kill. The queen only dropps her guard only if all known threats are disabled. In AvP she shows this very clearly. She knocks out the pred and closes in for the kill. Ignoring the human completely.
As for the predator they only play with their prey because it amuses them. If it were a serious threat then they wouldn't bother trying to mess around. Also note that the Jungle and City preds were unbloods as far as I can tell. A blooded pred would never do that.
By the way just off topic has anyone checked that AvP Annialation thing?

Oh, i mistook what you posted earlier Wraith, you meant the queen should have killed Ripley when she wasnt in the powerload and defenseless. I guess your right, but what would be the fun in that, think of the other 2 movies we wouldnt have gotten, well 1 since she came back anyway in Resurrection.