Could an Alien be physically out powered?

MonsterOfEnergy, Undefined, 16 years ago

I know that a rhino our a hippo could out power an Alien in strength alone, but could a 400 pound gorilla?

The first Alien didn't show any sign of being physically out powered by any human or berserk synthetic. If the Alien started punching or wailing his fists around then he could probably mortally injure an adult Yuatja.

What animals could physically out power the first design of the Alien.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

i bet scar or celtic can over power a alien.

When the synthetic went berserk he was much stronger than a large man, and he admitted himself that he wasn't perfect, but the Alien was.

The Alien in the first movie was what, 8 or 9 feet tall? He was hella strong even for his size. I'm sorry but I don't see Scar or Celtic beating him with out using a combi-stick or one of those discs. Well the Plasma gun would make quick work of the first Alien, the plasma moves at super sonic speeds doesn't it?

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

From what we`ve seen, an alien and a predator are pretty much eavenly matched when it comes to strength. A predator can even pull on the queen and drag her back a little, and even some humans could do that but with much greater effort ofcourse. But a predator could overpower an alien because of experience. Predators are trained fighters, while all aliens know at first is "make holes in the enemy cos that kills them".

In the case of a rhyno or a hippo, the alien would probably jump on the rhyno`s/hippo`s back and headbite it... If it were a queen, she`d probably have a hard time at first, since "the bigger they are, the harder they fall".

A queen would smack a rhino around until it was dead.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well a queen could easily kill a ryno, but the ryno could unbalance her at first.

A queen would smack a rhino around until it was dead.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

Experience plays a part in it. Strength is not the only thing.
lets say if A youngblood pred could overpower a drone then thats cool, but if he doesnt know how to put himself in the lead position then he most likely wont win. An elder on the other hand can take on multiple enemies/aliens at once and come out on top due to training and experience.

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

Looking back through the predator franchise, what actually was the defining moment that led everyone to believe the hunters were so physically strong? That much more so than the aliens?

Sure, they can lift humans like paperweights, but so can the xenomorphs. I'm not sure where people get this whole 'predators have superior strength' debate from.....

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

I said if a youngblood could overpower a alien, like giving an example but not like it will be a all the time thing that happens, if that is why you were saying that Dave.

Nope, wasn't replying to your statement fella, just adding my own two cents.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

Aliens & predators are obviously both physically powerful, & certain variants of adult alien would more than likely be able to overpower almost anything they wanted (such as a predalien), although to keep things as balanced as possible, this comparison will be between a predator & a standard drone/warrior.

It has been shown that both creatures are easily capable of manhandling not only humans, but also each other. Grid lifted Chopper off the ground using only his tail, which is no small feat considering that predators generally weigh well over 300lbs, by the same principal though, Celtic tossed Grid around like a paperweight, without the slightest sign of strain, & "The Wolf" has been shown to lift an alien off the ground with a single hand (lifting 2 at once), which would weigh around 180-200lbs each.

Judging from these examples alone, they seem relatively evenly matched in strength, although one great example of pure power was in AVP when Scar grabbed hold of the chain which was attached to the Queen & actually pulled her backwards for a few seconds, considering she would weigh well over a tonne, this is no small feat. I simply could not envision a lone xenomorph having the strength to do this.Although it should be noted that the Queen was injured at the time, which could have made her more susceptible to being pulled backwards by the chain, nevertheless, it was still an impressive display of strength.

The Alien in the first movie seemed bigger and stronger than Grid and stronger than the Alien design from Aliens.

There is no proof that the original drone was more powerful that any of the other aliens, it was shown to have the strength to overpower humans, but that pales in comparison to some of Grid's displays of strength, such as lifting Chopper off the ground using only his tail.

ScarredShadow, Undefined, 16 years ago

Agreed Stalker, as always. Its quite amazing that when these two creatures were created they were so even in in strength and put together by the right people (Darkhorse Comics) not Anderson. But your right Grid showed great power and so did the Predators in the movies (Scar, Celtic,) and City Hunter the way he impaled the guys with the combistick in the slaughterhouse and threw the them around like a football.

Grid was small and scrawny compared to the first Alien. Its tail had more muscle in its body than his arms and legs. It had a bigger tail than any other Alien design, so your lifting Chopper with his tail is a mute point.

How is it a mute point? Grid performed a more powerful feat with his tail alone than the original drone did with its entire body, there's no way of denying that.

Just because the original drone was slightly taller, that doesn't make it more powerful at all, & so far you have come up with no valid points as to why you believe it was so superior in strength.

Well it wasn't just lifting Chopper up, also when Grid just used his tail and threw Chopper into the wall as well. But I think in the movies the Predators exhibited more strength. Thats just my opinion though.

It's not mute at all.

Same alien drone in nature, both alpha males, just different circumstances and environments, not to mention - different creature designers.

"How is it a mute point? Grid performed a more powerful feat with his tail alone than the original drone did with its entire body, there's no way of denying that.

Just because the original drone was slightly taller, that doesn't make it more powerful at all, & so far you have come up with no valid points as to why you believe it was so superior in strength."

Its a mute point because Grid had a long, thick tail, that was bigger than any other Alien design.

But not only was Grid smaller and "Shorter" than the first Alien, but he was scrawny, the first Alien had bigger bones and bigger muscles, therefore it was stronger, theres no denying that.

In Alien it didn't do superior feats it used basically steath tactics. Staying hidden than killing everybody. Predators use steath too but they become ruthless, destroying there prey giving no chance of survival. Aliens do the same I mean sure the Alien in Alien was large but it did not exhibit any act of great strength as Grid did in AVP.