upsides and downsides of AVP

devestater, Undefined, 16 years ago

eney coments on AvP

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

The only upside is that it has paved the way for what looks to be a vastly superior sequel...although I did like the fight scene between Grid & Celtic, & the dark tone did work well for the film, despite the fact it wasn't implemented as well as it could have been.

The downsides on the other hand are too numerous to name, although one in particular was the "reworked" creature designs, which I personally thought were rubbish, with the exception of Celtic.

devestater, Undefined, 16 years ago

the upside i liked the story line

downside I think the setting was depressing and dull

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

i like the story line but as it started to get near to the middle you think to your self wtf is going on? and as soon as you walk at of the ciname you think to your self "10 bucks my a**" but i liked the characters i like the way both the aliens and predds looked i liked the action and the new weapons they introduced (except soot the wrist blades cus thats just wired" and i hated the bit where scar got facehugged i wouldent mind see that in avp2 but in the first film of a trilogy then thats just wired cus what creture there gonna introduce in the third film now? a predqueen? thats just wired.

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

Not sure where you're getting your information but nothing has been said of there being an AVP trilogy, personally, i wish they wouldn't have gone ahead with the first one, it cheapened both the franchises.

I think i'd actually rather watch Alien:Resurrection over AVP, at least we get to see Ripley.....

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Oh my god... if this site fills up with people who liked the storyline in avp and liked the way aliens looked and keep saying predqueen and keep calling the predalien a hybrid, then i seriously hope someone fixes the clans so that i can stick to the clan forums...

theres bound to be a thrid film and maybe a 4th

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

...Let's just hope not.

Personally, as long as AVP: Requiem is a good film I'll be happy, there's no need to keep making any more sequels, or the whole thing will get tired very fast.

trust me if there gonna make a second film theres bound to be a third which i think is good cus if they dont make any more avp films then in about ten years time this site will be officialy dead and if not then whats the point in calling it avp where there hasent been any avp in any media for ten years? so they should keep making good movies and theres always the chance of remaking the films (bit like the texas chainsaw films) so... yeah but all good things must come to a end... unless its fiction ;).

I don`t care how bad they are... i still wanna see as many movies with aliens and predators kicking human asses as possible.

agreed.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well, i am sure if enough of us dont want any more AvP movies we could figure something out.....maybe burn down Fox, and if it has multiple buildings then each one in our country. MUAHAHAHAHAH

not unless i burn you first *chucks a halo sticky grenade at black warrior* "die b****!!!" lol.

Upsides....Hmmm.

*Charles Weyland.
*The pyramid setting.
*The Queen.
*Fight scenes, although badly filmed and too short.

Downsides;

*No more Ripley.
*abysmal camera work.
*Poor dialog.
*Throw away characters.
*short fight scenes.
*Predator and human running in Baywatch slow motion.
*'Ugly motherfucker' line used...AGAIN.
*Predators died too quickly.
*Casting 'Spud' from trainspotting.
*Predators being behind human civilization.
*Lex spearing the Queen...yeah RIGHT.
*Paul Anderson
*Paul Anderson
*Oh, and PAUL ANDERSON.

The more buildings you burn the les money i`ll have to spend on buying al of them, cos i`ll make AvP movies even if you threaten to kill my wife in which case i`ll kill her myself and say IN YOUR FACE!

Anyway, if i ever make AvP movies, try to understand that i make them for my own entertainment, not for money or for fans. Ofcourse... you probably won`t know it`s me anyway... cos you don`t know my name... and i`ll change it too... so it`s of no importance actually...

In any case, what i`m trying to say is that even though i think AvP was a crappy movie, i still wach it anytime i cos it has Aliens and Predators in it and i don`t wanna have to watch the same movies over and over again because new ones ruin the franchise, i am more a fan of myself than a fan of AvP.

dude... idk what u just said but i think it was funny as f*** lol.

TITANOSAUR, Undefined, 16 years ago

I think the film would have been better if there was a better director. someone like Steaven Spielberg. I know he would have done the film good.

to me the upsides are....

Celtic and Grid fight.

background music.

Pred ship and weapons.

and Predalien.

downside...

Paul W.S. Anderson

Paul W.S. Anderson

Paul W.S. Anderson

Paul W.S. Anderson

Paul

W.

S.

Anderson

and everything else in the film.

you guys must really hate paul anderson? well you can blame everything on him atleast blame fox and all for making it a 15.

predator_1, Undefined, 16 years ago

I LOVE the story line And the battles and the alien queen.

Sorry to pry, predator_1, but, how old are you?

Oh, sorry to inerrupt the conversation, but i just realise that killa kept insisting that there is bound to be a third film since they made a second. But since there`s no Predator 3, there is no such thing as "there is bound to be a third film". But still, i`d like o see at least 2 good AvP movies, so if they make a third, then they should make it a really good one and keep it as far away from earth as possible and give it a hell of an ending that doesn`t leave you wondering if there`ll be another one.