Prevention of Overpopulation

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

How do you think the predator homeworld would prevent overpopulation of their planet? Do you think some clans hunt while some stay after a hunt to try and keep population around the same level or what?

Any ideas?

Namicole, Yautja, 16 years ago

the preds are near extincation they dont need to worry about overpopulaition.. but ya i agree with Lone Hunter if they were geeting crowded

Any proof of this "Near Extinction"?
I didnt see anything in movies that would say so, seeing as those are basicly only cannon.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

How are you so sure that they're nearing extinction? What if hundreds of clans or groups consisting of hundreds of Predators each are in different universes or planets? Unless you read that from a reliable source I don't think they're nearing immediate extinction.

I didnt think about the different galaxy thing Bloo, good one. I kinda thought about the planet thing but i only thought of them staying at their prey's planet and that may cause problems with the hunting ground space.

Lone_Hunter2, Yautja, 16 years ago

yeah the galaxy thing is well thought, nice one bloo.
...what about mother ships/space stations placed aroound the galaxy or near there home world if they where over populated?

Broken_Tusk, Yautja, 16 years ago

From what I have read the motherships serve as a refueling station capable of holding hundreds of preds from various clans. Their homeworld may or may not be densely populated, it has been suggested that a small amount of preds stay on their home planet while the primary hunting parties travel the galaxy as somewhat nomadic.

I think it would most likely be a mixture of both, their home planet may be a place for elder yautja who have become almost bored with the hunt and possible females raising the younger offspring. Then a large part of clans roam space looking for glorious hunts.

From what I have read the motherships serve as a refueling station capable of holding hundreds of preds from various clans. Their homeworld may or may not be densely populated, it has been suggested that a small amount of preds stay on their home planet while the primary hunting parties travel the galaxy as somewhat nomadic.

I think it would most likely be a mixture of both, their home planet may be a place for elder yautja who have become almost bored with the hunt and possible females raising the younger offspring. Then a large part of clans roam space looking for glorious hunts.

Lone_Hunter2, Yautja, 16 years ago

thats a more logical theorey

honnou, Yautja, 16 years ago

I herd that every time you ring a bell, a predator gets his dreds

But anyways , just from a logical point of , and because the movies haven’t don’t much to tell us the story of their world.

One could assume that if the predators have the time and recourses to hunt for sport and NOT for survival, it must mean that they come from a somewhat developed civilization. one where different predators would have different rolls other then just hunters. Like law makers, farmers, scientist, and other jazz like that.

I’d like to think that the hunters are just the tip of the iceberg in predator society . and that they have a very advanced and complex culture .

But who knows maybe the hunter is the only thing to the predators , maybe they just invented all their cool weapons, ships, and other technology and said “ ok guys , lets take all this cool stuff we made up and just do nothing but kill shit with itâ€Â.

I guess we’ll never know

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Ofc they have an advanced and complex culture, how the hell do you think they made all that technology? Also, them being extinct is not logical at all, if they are the top of the food chain, the greatest predators in the universe, what could drive them extinct...? Well, apart from a bunch of super saussage ninja xenos...

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

To keep the population down the females are probably only in heat for a short time in the year. And the males would probably have to compete for them so that would keep the population down. Also where did you get that thing about predators being near extiction?

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

BT, I think you need a new mouse, man.

Anyway, there are many possible theories for this overpopulation thing. Aliens are somewhat controlled by Predators. Our planet may be one of those few planets where the Aliens are subject to unstability since no known Predator civilization is on earth, but other planets such as the kinds of planets that Predators call their home probably have a succesful system in which Aliens are kept stable at all costs, and a sample of that system is the Blooding Ritual: A Queen captured, machines to work eggs and chambers to keep the adults, even hormone injection.

i didnt really mean Aliens overpopulating their planet, but themselves....
That is a good explination for another topic of the same type withn a slightly different question.