Predator

Waralien, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I was watching the original Predator and some questions came up. Like why did the pred see in thermal still? I mean that when he took off the helmet he still saw in a blue vision. Does this mean that preds can't see like us or is there another reason. Also is it possible for preds to speak fluent english?

Broken_Tusk, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Their normal vision appears to be some sort of infrared anyway. The thermal vision primarily used from their bio-helms is blue, while accenting "hot" objects with colors of red and yellow.
There basic vision still seems to be a type of thermal vision just not as accurate as the bio-helms vision.

As far as speech goes it would be entirely possible for a predator to speak English as they are intelligent creatures, This is also shown in each movie; Jungle hunter repeats Dutch's "What are you" after and in the P2 City Hunter finishes Danny Glovers sentence with ".... Mother F****" I highly doubt however that a yautja would like to sit down and be "taught" English lol

Broken_Tusk, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Their normal vision appears to be some sort of infrared anyway. The thermal vision primarily used from their bio-helms is blue, while accenting "hot" objects with colors of red and yellow.
There basic vision still seems to be a type of thermal vision just not as accurate as the bio-helms vision.

As far as speech goes it would be entirely possible for a predator to speak English as they are intelligent creatures, This is also shown in each movie; Jungle hunter repeats Dutch's "What are you" after and in the P2 City Hunter finishes Danny Glovers sentence with ".... Mother F****" I highly doubt however that a yautja would like to sit down and be "taught" English lol

Waralien, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Thanxs for clearing that up. Ive whatched both movies and noticed that. But why does the pred see in a different vision then us?

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

there aliens it'll be like asking them why are they a different colour then us

basicly evolution gaved them it

predator428, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

The predators see thermal like their masks. The mask just picks up motion better by filtering out excess heat and controls the suit. In the first movie when he takes off his mask his vision was only red like that because it was very humid. If you notice in predator 2 his vision is the same even when he takes his mask off. That's because it wasn't very hot in the slaughter house.

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I have heard a thoery that Jungle Hunter was color blind..........

btw Welcome back BT! I just was thinking about ya ess than a week ago.

Stalker, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Predators see in a different light spectrum than humans do, which should be quite obvious. Much like a rattlesnake, they are able to pick out heat signatures from cold environments, although there have been some continuity errors as far as what they can see without their mask. In the original Predator, the creature's natural sight was a bright red, hazed thermal vision, although in Predator 2, its vision remained unchanged even after its mask had been removed, this was more than likely simply a continuity error.

As far as speaking fluent English, it has been seen that Predators are able to learn & understand different languages, such as the Elder from Predator 2, which briefly spoke to Harrigan without any audio cues.