This AVP2 Clip

killswitch, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

mmmm Just a little negative thought to add to the mix here lol ... sorry , you know me.

The clip was nice , it showeed us a good solid portion of action killing death and everything else that gets the fans hard including new weapons and some awsome close ups of our beloved cretures man handling each other .... i mean alien handling each ..... never mind

But are you guys maybe jumping the gun just a little. I get the impression weve all thrown are hats off to the strause brothers already at the site of a very good Trailer

Good trailers dont mean good movies ...... to be honest thats like subliminal advertising. theyve stuffed 1000 cool flashy images into our heads and because were not able to piece together the puzzel as we havent seen the movie, we see the movie as an extremely detailed awsome action filled adventure and cant wait to see it

Id just like to remind you guys that when i saw the first AVP clip i felt the same way .. you see they crambed every single positive action filled piece of footage into the trailer and of course i thought the rest of the movie was going to lead by that example .... i was wrong

Im not saying the film is going to be bad ... and i sure hell hope its not . dont get me wrong . im as big a fan as anyone on this site .... i just dont want dissapointment to result in .. well how most of us now look at P.Anderson

/ Do you guys think im possibly looking at this the rite way... OR have you guys seen an awsome trailer that you know is going to mean a great movie

lol P.S dont bring this topic back up if the movie turns out to be awsome, im not someone who dosent want that .. im just trying to look at the possibilitys

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

hmm its ture what u say but from what i have seen so far this is by far the best alien/predator movie i have seen so far and i cant wait for the alien fps and rpg game to come out.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Couldn't agree more. It's far too premature to go getting excited over a trailer - remember, we've been here before. We got bitch slapped for falling for the hype machine that was AVP, i wont make the same mistake twice. Although the footage was indeed incredible in parts, it was just a two minute trailer, plenty of films these days cram all the best parts into the trailer to get you hooked in to run along and watch it, once inside the cinema, you realize you've already seen the majority of the better parts, those featured in the trailer.

Everyone needs to reign those horses in right now and keep level headed until xmas.

to be honest mate you say best avp movie youve seen so far and theres only been one .... and to be honest if it wasent better than that ...... id kill myself now lol

its cool that your excited .... am just saying, prepare for the worst and everything else is a bounus

:D

Glad your with me on this Berg

... the older members who have been through this shizzney before will probably agree also

but as i said everyone should prepare for the worst and we might all be pleasantly surprized

Hopefully that will be the case. The trailer has definitely peaked my interest in the franchise and this forum again, perhaps it will drag some of the older members back on, i'm sure we're all gonna have plenty to discuss in the coming months.....

i also include the predator movies and aliens movies

Dude, then you're crazy, judging a two minute trailer against the likes of Aliens and Predator? Foolish to say the least, but hey, each to their own.

lol, mmmm . if you wont dude, remember this is an action movie though. dont compare it too alien lol

there's simply no comparison when it comes to AVP films and the alien franchise on its own. Alien is one of the greatest movies of all time, i highly doubt AVP2 will get status like that.

lol, im really sorry about that triple post by the way lol

exactly lol these are just spin offs, there sno reason why they cant be good spin offs, but theyle never compare to the originals in my eyes

i think alien (first film) got to the status that it is because it was made years ago and showed something that the audience didnt expect bit like star wars really got famouse cus it was made at the right time to the right audience that werent expecting to much outta films at the time now a days i care about the story and other stuff so on and by far from i have seen i deem this film betta then alien and predator franchise but then again am sure a whole lot of u may have ur own reasons why the alien franchise is betta but from what i've seen im almost in love with this film lol. the only thing that i think would make this film betta is by throwing the master chief in there with a AR and a couple of stickys and watch him raise hell on the predators home world lol.

You can't judge how good a film can be by a two minute trailer my friend, that's just asking for trouble. This film will never have the storyline or credibility that Alien has, or aliens & Alien 3 for that matter.

Will i be better than Alien Resurrection and AVP, i should damn well hope so, seeing as both of those two movies were lackluster and almost embarrassing.

maybe ur right but if this film supasses the alien franchise (which i dont think it will becuase of all the ppl now a days like i said the franchise was made at the right time to the right audiencenow a days people expect to much which will be the down side of every kind of films except comedy) but i will be really surprised if this film beats the alien franchise and if that happens then all i know is that we can expect good things to happen etc more movie games comics so on so that why i hope this film turns out alright because good things will happen if it does.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Hmm... something`s wrong with your computer or internet... that happened to Ace too... and lucifer`s lost his account back when he was still he subleader... and now rayne`s lost his account too... i think someone`s cursed the Shadow Serpents...

Now back on topic, as i`ve said this mvie looks good, but it still needs logical events and well-directed logical events, and a good storyline for those events to fit in. It needs to not have crappy lines, dumb actors and whatever else the other AvP had. Also, it need to have some good characters so that it doesn`t become Freddy Versus Jason in stead of Alien Versus Predator. The best thing i`ve seen so far is how the main character`s mouth looks so much like Ripley`s mouth lol... (yea, also the aliens, pred weapons, whatever floats your boat, bla, bla). The way everything looks as it should and resembles nothing from AvP 1 is very encouraging, also i see most of you are excited about blood and gore, but a movie about an anvil squishing people reppeatedly for 2 hours would have blood and gore too and i don`t think it would be a blockbuster.

Relating to the gore and blood - the inclusion of that brings the franchise back to its roots, i think a big reason we have such a young fan base here at this forum was the attraction of AVP and making it a 15 certificate, basically a watered down comic book version. Now this new film looks to be a different beast all together, from the small footage we've seen, it already looks darker and more menacing, a more adult film, the way the Alien and predator films first started out.

i agree with ecerything u say good actore good storyline but from what i've seen they have already gaved us that nd thats why i got my hopes up for this one.

Reiko Aylesworth is a fine actor and a more than adequate replacement for Sigourney Weaver as the lead female role, any of you who have seen 24, would have seen her in action, i'm almost proud to have her on board.

yes yes 24 24 24 . lol i thought i was the only one sad enough

anyway sorry about the double posting and connection BS il get that sorted before posting again , laterz GeeZas

xeno_slayer, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

holy sh!t
i watched that whole season of 24 with her in it and i didnt even make the connection

shes a good actor but not comparible with sigourney weaver.
im glad shes in it though.

City-Hunter, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

My thoughts are, even though they may have squeezed all the greatest action into the trailer, I am convinced. If thats all the great scenes then I am satisfied. Everything is great. There's no way this could be bad.

Does anyone understand where I'm getting at?

Still like Kill and Dave have said, I'll try to tame myself and expect the worse. That's how I am about everything. Yet its still hard when I saw my dreams of an AvP movie, ever since I was a kid, in a trailer.