i think people are forgetting...

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 16 years ago

based on some comments, as well as certain movies, i think people are forgetting that xenomorphs are actually quite killable. they are just bugs after all.

the only movie that has shown this properally was ALIENS, via showing alot of xenomorph death due to armed marines, sentry guns, and even the terraformers. Alien and Alien 3 make sense that only a couple can do alot damage cause well in alien it was a bunch of mineral farmers, and in alien 3 an unarmed prison. and of course there is the failure in my eyes alien ressurection, in which a ENTIRE military station bails because a little group of stray drones got loose.

the thing is, while xenomorphs are deadly, they are not unstopable. they are more of a virus or epidemic, namely cause ou can keep killing more of them, but they will keep comming back as long as there are hosts availble. xenomorphs only really have numbers on their side. so just remember they arnt godly unstopable beings (which some like to bielve).

~edit ( i did not intend for this to be a biased topic erego heres my post from the second page)

i love the the whole idea of the xenomorph in general, and what i say should go across the board, dont overrate preds, humans for xenomorphs, namely cause they can all die in the blink of a eye. none of the creatures are immortal and they all make mistakes. there are strengths and weaknesses for all. with predators yeah you got technology, but that also comes with the arrogance that comes with it, ala the preds death in PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2, humans have will and thought, but that also comes with the fear of the unknown (people who panic tend to die), and then you have the xenomorph, the pinnacle of evolution of natures raw fury, but it is still just a beast (except for maybe the queen), even synths have laws that govern them, that they have to abide by. im saying dont over rate anything, it could go anyway, i mean look at the glory rpgs we have had on this forum, the kickass'ery is all across the board

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

Totally agree with you Hyro, I hate it when some people think that aliens can kill absolutely anything.

Good ot see ya back also.

ScarredShadow, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yeah I know a pred can finish one off in one hit. A marine needs a headshot with a gun. Aliens are always over rated.
Predators are the Ultimate Predator

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

Thats why I couldn't stand AvP. Anderson made them seem inpossible. Celtic could have killed him so easily in the battle.

Even though they were unblooded I know they all could have killed those aliens hands down.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

how many aliens and humans do u think wolf will kill in the new film?

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 16 years ago

well we say him kill two or three in the preview...and that was just a preview so i think this is gonna be another thing avp2 does right!! lol

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Lol... humans can kill anything... preds can kill anything... so i guess aliens can`t lol... thsi is a pred`s fans` thread lol... it only takes a headshot to kill a human or a predator too you know... also an alien can finish off a predator or a marine in one hit too. Even a tarantula can finish off a marine in one hit, but that`s not the point... the point is, while humans and predators are deadly, they are not unstopable. the thing is, the predtors and humans only have technology on their side, but put a naked human, a naked predator and a naked alien in the same ring and see what you get... oh well... it`ll be fun to see how all of you diss what i just said now...

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

I agree, this is such a bias pred fan boy thread. If you're all feeling a little at a loss for thought, let me refresh your memory as to WHY the Predators use the aliens for their hunting rituals - because they are classed as the 'ultimate prey' by the predators. Out of all the species the Predators hunt - the aliens are counted as the top of the food chain, an organism born to kill - so, a predator can kill with with hit, huh? Well, we all saw what Grid could do with 'One strike' to the head.

Let us not forget the superior biological system the Xenomorphs possess, greater than that of both predator AND human, the aliens ability to adapt to any environmental situation unlike both its enemies mentioned above, that's just ONE clear advantage of many, the glorious creature holds over its counter parts - let the alien fan boys come calling on this thread, let the debates begin!

bah...celtic could still have killed grid in two seconds...that was just poor directing and because celtic was an unblood. (but mostly poor directing)

and as for what wraith said, a pred might be able to take out a xeno with out any armour or weapons.. it all depends on how experienced the pred is.

but yeah. the aliens are truly the ultimate prey. they kick ass even if i think preds are better.

otu of all the cretures the predators hunted and killed i cant belive they deemed the aliens as the ultimate prey. dont get me wrong i like them but i would of thought there would be some creture out there that is much more deadlyer then predators and aliens put together. mainly i think chuck norris should be deemed as the ultimate predator lol

chuck norris can strike a match on a bar of soap

He also likes soap on a rope.

Back on topic everyone.

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 16 years ago

i love the the whole idea of the xenomorph in general, and what i say should go across the board, dont overrate preds, humans for xenomorphs, namely cause they can all die in the blink of a eye. none of the creatures are immortal and they all make mistakes. there are strengths and weaknesses for all. with predators yeah you got technology, but that also comes with the arrogance that comes with it, ala the preds death in PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2, humans have will and thought, but that also comes with the fear of the unknown, (people who panic tend to die), and then you have the xenomorph, the pinnacle of evolution of natures raw fury, but it is still just a beast, ( except for maybe the queen), even synths have laws that govern them, that they have to abide by. im saying dont over rate anything, it could go anyway, i mean look at the glory rpgs we have had on this forum, the kickass'ery is all across the board

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

I was actually going to say the same thing Hyro, after what Dave posted.....but you put it a whole lot better than i could have.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

All creatures have their strengths & weaknesses. The alien is naturally designed to kill its prey, which is quite obvious, but that's not to say that predators are completely helpless without their weapons either, as was shown in the AVP2 trailer when "The Wolf" was manhandling a pair of warriors with his bare hands. Predators have great physical strength, even enough to overpower an alien, this coupled with their incredible speed & agility makes them just as deadly as any xenomorph, if not even more so, depending on the individual of course.

In a direct fight between an alien & a predator, it could go any number of ways, depending on the age & experience levels of both creatures. As it has been shown, younger & inexperienced predators can easily fall victim to an alien if they let their guard down, but against an older & more experienced hunter, the alien will more than likely meet its end.

Humans on the other hand have to rely on their technology to a high extent, their bodies are much more frail & less physically capable than those of aliens & predators, & they would stand no chance in a toe to toe fight without some heavy weaponry to back them up.

I agree Stalker. Also for the alien fans were posted. We're not saying the aliens can't do anything. Aliens are meant to kill all in it's way. I guess we (Pred Fans) are all angry on how Anderson made the aliens seem impossible to kill and the Preds seem so useless.

Agreed, it was a very biased look from Anderson, but i'm worried that we might see the reverse in this new movie.

I agree I would't want to see a favored speicies movie which it felt in AVP. Even though i like Preds more and I would want it to win. I wouldn't want the Pred to kill all the aliens and piss off the alien fans. The way AVP did to the Pred fans. But I don't think that will happen.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

Bias is always something that can destroy a film, I just hope that it doesn't hold too much influence over AVP2. We've already seen The Wolf decimating several aliens, which is still within the boundaries of what we'd expect a veteran hunter to be capable of, although if it becomes too over the top then many alien fans aren't going to be too happy.

how can there be a favoured specie in this new film? a whole ship of a hundread preds or more gets killed by one predalien if u ask me that just makes the predalien look impossible to kill until u place wolf in with two plasma caster to kick its a**.