New Predator Weapons

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

I watched the AvP2 trailer closely and noticed 2 new weapons. The whip and possibly a Plasma Pistol.

We saw the Predator whip the alien in half with the whip and I noticed he was holding something in his hand when shot an Alien that was attacking some guy. Once the Predator shot it the Alien's head exploaded and acid melted the man's face.

In another part I notice an Alien above another guy holding that same weapon and shot the Alien with it.

Any comments?

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

The whip is the only new weapon that we have seen so far, the other weapon that was used was apparently a plasmacaster, possibly due to it also having a handheld trigger. Colin Strause did confirm that there will be even more new weapons in the film though.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

sounds fun but i wish they made a game about this film i know theres one for the psp but i want one for the xbox 360 but then again theres that alien fps and rpg game coming out in a few years time.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

It would be nice if they put some of the weapons that those who played the avp2 game are already used to, because at least we`d know what to call them... If there were to be a pistol, damn, i`d really like that... if it`s just a plasmacaster, then it would be just like the detachable self destruct bomb, it would just ruin the whole point of it... of course we`ll all like the movie after the absolute uselessness of AvP1 but i really don`t like the idea of them changing everything too much, even if in a way that most of us apreciate...

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well, it's nice to see the shuriken back, i loved that weapon. The dual casters look damn awesome.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

Duel casters? My ass will there on opening night if they have that.

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 16 years ago

yeah he blasts two guys at the same time with them in the trailer lmao

ScarredShadow, Undefined, 16 years ago

Also if u go to Dave's topic with the pics theres a pic with the pred with dual plasmacaster.

Lucifer, Undefined, 16 years ago

hmm duble plasma casters all nice lol just means two shots at a time i wont to c what the whip does lol and how strong it actualy is

Oh yes, the Shuriken. Its one thing that was right about the first AvP is the improved smart disc weapon. I love that it has a predator graghic touch to it. Meaning it isn't plain metal it has brownish designs on it simular to the Predator ship.

Davian, Undefined, 16 years ago

I like how when he shot those two guys it looked like they slipped on bananas rofl. I like his new whip toy too.

I personally hope to see the netgun back, the original Predator 2 style handheld version.

Finally seeing the speargun on screen would be awesome as well.

Yeah it would be cool to see some of the Predator 2 style weapons in the movie. I would love to see those bick in a more enhanced version like the way they upgraded the smart disc to the shuriken.

I personally don't see the shuriken as a smart disc upgrade, I prefer the original weapon, & it has always seemed more powerful to me. It cut through the carcasses of several cows inside the abbatoir in Predator 2 before finishing off Keyes, & as of yet we haven't seen the shuriken do anything quite that impressive.

Yeah your right. The Predator 2 disc was much more powerful, its just the shuriken's appearance looks really badass but the the regular version's got the power.

I guess its more powerful than the shuriken. A better term for the shuriken is a version I suppose. But I hate to say it but I like it alot more than the smart disc. I looks and works alot better. In Predator they had to have it in slow motion to have it in action. In AvP/AvP2 it works brilliantly. I love the scene in the trailer of AvP2 when the Predator throws the shuriken and it pinns the girl onto the wall. (Doesn't seem to sportish to kill a girl like that.)

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

Look closer......she had a gun.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well the shuriken is probably made to be quicker and more accurate, quicker because in Predator 2 it looked like the Smart Disk opened pretty slowly and had to charge before being thrown, unlike the shuriken. And more accurate because while the Smart Disk can decimate several targets in a single throw, the shuriken can pin someone to the wall or make a nice facehugger file.

Inferno, Undefined, 16 years ago

I like that Duel Plasmacasters thing. That, a Combat Staff and a shruikan would look awesome.

Dave, I was talking about the Man. Not the woman. Me and Stalker noticed it looked like a Plasma Caster with a trigger on it.... If thats what you meant.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

aturely i did noticed on this bit where the pred shot at the alien and the aliens acid melted te guys face off i did looked like the predator was holding somethin or it cold be his plasma caster on his should i cant tell