TO MODS & ADMIN(s) Topic: ROLEPLAYING

Malice, Undefined, 16 years ago

On The Topic Of Roleplay

What you guys should do to make Rp's good, is take opinions and suggestions from the members that want to roleplay, then it would be a RP that everyone would enjoy. That what i did on my Forum, and it had a high sucess, so you guys should try. Just create a thread titled "RP Suggestions" and make it for everyone on the forum, including adminds,mods, and members to type what they would want in an RP and if you do they will all tell you, and you can try to combine them somehow, it works believe me.

You will have plenty of members enjoying their time roleplaying on here, and in turn you will get much more members. It works, believe me. I may be a noob here and a beginner to this site, but im not new to forums and rping. And by rules and regulations of Forum Creation your supposed to take a members advice or suggestion and at least think about it. So please Mods & Admins think about what i have to say, i truelly believe it will work.

Signed, An Honest Member,
Malice

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

I am sorry to tell you this, but that is exactely how they do it here.

rayne, Undefined, 16 years ago

i didnt know they did that here..

What? Where were you when the topic with ideas for the RPG was up??? "The Falling Sky" was made after the most popular idea that everyone accepted... well, not everyon, but everyone who thinks they`re smarter than everyone else. And so, because the RPG excluded many of the most active members, and also other active members (e.g. Predatoress, Shadowatching etc.) were too busy to participate, "The Falling sky generally failed. Not completely failed, because there still are good posts in it, but then even the active posters became too busy...

shadowatching, Undefined, 16 years ago

By the time the "falling sky" started. I stopped bing busy, weird. Anyways, I go on gaia to keep up with my RP skills, no I am not ditching this place, i still come here to say "Yo" in my clan, or just do something random in there too. I was able to post, but I was told "not your turn" so meh, i am all good still. But, If my clan wants me to post I will of course.

Malice, Undefined, 16 years ago

If i had known these Rps started i would have joined earlier. Well let me know when the next RP starts i'll be happy to pitch in some ideas, and join up in them, i enjoy roleplaying and i wish forums did it for often. So let me know when you create another RP I would like to join.

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

RPGS will be indefinitely on hold until members can learn how to use grammar in their posts and use spell checker before participating.

Trust me, the amount of posts myself and the moderators have had to delete in the past - ones that make absolutely no sense or are completely out of context are more common than some of the former poetic and imaginative members that used to frequent here.

As I've said, gone are the glory days, this forum just isn't what it used to be.

i dink that why should all like clear a day (like thursday) somtime and everyone can get on and we can try and bring the good old days back! we can have ideas for a Rp and make some threads and write books... itll be like a party!!

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

Some of us have to work......

Plus this place just doesn't have the calibur of members as it used to, the fan base here is extremely young and quite frankly, lack the imagination to write creative posts in RPGS. I obviously don't speak for all of you, but i rarely see shimmers of the old days presenting themselves anytime soon.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Once school starts again I have to get another job which will take some time off of my computer happy time... Thursday isn't that good a day, maybe the weekends, like Saturday... but even then many of us are busy.

rayne, have you noticed your spelling and your lack of punctuation? that is the annoying kind of thing in an rpg. so before an rpg, everyone should sparr their asses off, or read more, or something, i dunno...

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

Amen to everything you've said Dave, I couldnt've put it better myself mate.

number one im use to spelling this way but in the brief time that i was in the RPG i used spell check. this is my relaxed spelling in RPGs ill be fine and dont worry about reading i read 900 pages in the past four days. and ya lets have a sparring day! Stalker versus Daveberg and umm... other people.. NO! we should have a Sparring day clan versus clan thing!!!!

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

It can't be that bad to try to spell correctly. It defanetly makes it easier for people to read and enjoy. Especially if you take your time on each post to make them interesting. The RPG's on this site are nothing more than stories. We each contribute to it. So put some effort into it and make it something woth reading.

ScarredShadow, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yes Dave is correct members in the RPGs are making too many grammatical errors, and posts consisting of only few sentences.Basically what everyone else said, when you participate and post make sure you use good grammer and punctuation. Also make sure to make longer posts with more details.

shadowatching, Undefined, 16 years ago

If we do have the sparring room back up (again) I hope. I do want to fight Kidd and Swiftspear

Kidd again, because he is fun to fight

Swiftspear, for the reasons of: who is easier to take down, who is faster, and who is better.

BUT are Kidd and Swiftspear still here??? Cos they may be, but have a different name, but if they`re not, you`ll have to do with what there is. THESE ARE DARK TIMES and there is no room for prefferences. Of course, i may be a bit mind-numbed from too much Battle For Middle Earth 2...

I like that game.

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 16 years ago

So wait, am I to understand that people here can’t understand the term "indefinitely"? Dave said that it’s best to put things on hold and well I agree with him. I’ve participated in several RPG's here, and I’ve experienced my fair share for eye hurt and eye candy. For instance there a big difference between "I stab you with my tail, and now you die." and "as the drool flowed from my muzzle, a sense of excitement washed over me, here was my prey waiting the sweet embrace of death. Faster then lighting my razor tail arced, flung forward through my victim’s chest. In the one ingle moment as I felt my prey die, I only felt happiness as I furthered my queen's goal"

Also don’t forget all the god moding that happened... somehow people forget they are only one person, they aren’t invincible. And ill never forget the kid that thought his drone could breathe flames...