Interview with Gina Holden, AvP2 actor

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

I found this searching up AvP2 news, thought some of you would like to read it, (I cut out anything that didn't have to do with AvP2)

"By CARL CORTEZ, Contributing Editor
Published 8/17/2007
(Interview by ANTHONY C. FERRANTE, Editor in Chief)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iF MAGAZINE: What can you tell us about ALIENS VS. PREDATOR?

GINA HOLDEN: It premieres at the end of December. It was a fantastic experience because I’m such a big ALIEN fan. The whole casting process I was just blown away I was able to read for something like that. Being the nerd that I am for that kind of thing I was like, "really, I’m reading for this." And the when I got the part I was more excited and when I got on set, I was working with the original crew from ALIEN and sitting next to this creature, I was just pinching myself. I couldn’t believe I was there. It was a fantastic experience.

iF: What character do you play?

HOLDEN: I play Carrie Adams, she’s the wife of one of the Colonel’s in town. She’s a waitress and she’s an All-American girl and gets into some crazy situations and it was fun.

iF: Do you get to battle the Aliens? Do you become Sigourney Weaver at some point?

HOLDEN: I wish. Something happens to me that I’m not so much Sigourney, but I do come face to face with these guys. It’s pretty exciting, we’ll have to wait and see.

iF: Everybody trashed the last film, I’ve heard this one is much better.

HOLDEN: I think so. I think the true fans enjoyed the first one, but the directors [Colin and Greg Strause] are up and coming and they’ve done a phenomenal job. The experience of it was fresh, exciting and new and it’s going to be really good. I think it’s really well done, from my perspective, since I’m such a fan.

iF: Do you get to meet a Predator and an Alien or just one of them?

HOLDEN: Just one.

iF: An Alien?

HOLDEN: Yes."

Here's my source, http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=2313

What gets me what Gina says is that the "true fans enjoyed the first one". Most of the "true" fans were disapointed with how they mutalated the idea.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed AvP but it was like a different kinda of movie. What I mean is that the Predator are nothing like the Predator from the previous movies. Its was like a new creature. But anyways, I don't want to keep complaining about such old news.

ScarredYauja92, Undefined, 16 years ago

nice fing ur right most fans were dissipointed at the first one or at least this one seems better it sounds good

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

I think most "true" fans didn't mind watching it, but were very dissapointed with the outcome.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

"I think the true fans enjoyed the first one" doesn`t sound like she enjoyed it herself, so she may just know what she`s talking about and not just standardly advertising.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

Gina said- "The experience of it was fresh, exciting and new and it’s going to be really good"

If she is talking about the experience the movie would give the watcher than i really do hope it is good, sometimes fans want a old feel to a movie like in the old days and sometimes fresh and new just ruin it.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

The fact that she plays a waitress actually brings back memories of the original Terminator, in which Sarah Connor was also a waitress before the main events began to unfold. As has been mentioned though, her comment about "true fans" liking the original doesn't seem quite right to me. True fans were the ones who judged it most harshly of all, because it was being directly compared to the original films.

Agreed. I like the feel she gives off when she says she plays a waitress. Not only that but how it all takes place in a small town. Its completely original for it setting to be in a town. The thought of a single Predator hunting down soilders and Aliens in a town... To me, if they do this right, could make a great classic. From the sounds of it, this is a relief for all the people who wanted Aliens vs Predator.

rayne, Undefined, 16 years ago

hay im just thankfull they actully had aliens and preadtors in the move AVP.

I didn't seem like they had them in AVP, for me anyway. The whole new Predator feel... just didn't seem like it was Predators in the same movie as Aliens are in. Thats why I'm happy to see the original designed Predator as well as Aliens in AvP2.

I feel the same way. I knew they were Aliens and Predators, and I even saw them on screen... but it just wasn't the same. There were many things that I noticed that I can't explain that didn't have that Alien/Predator feel. The Predators were more like brutal fighters picking for a fight and the Aliens were like snake/raptors with modified pig voice boxes on something much stronger than steroids.

Davian, Undefined, 16 years ago

I think they should just name it
ALIENS VS. PREDATOR
-------------
THE NEW FLESH

Instead of Avp 2: survival of the fittest... sounds so much better...

Isn't its new name "Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem?"

One small difference, Alien (no "s" at the end of Alien) just like the original, Alien vs. Predator.