Rp?

Malice, Undefined, 16 years ago

Dont People On This Site, you Know, Roleplay?

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

I think this question was asked before but yes we do occasionally.

The last one was the Falling Sky RPG, but it just died on its own, never even finished.

Oh and by the way, if your making a post or a topic and it is taking a while loading just press the Submit button once, if you do it more than once while its loading it will post multiple times.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Because the Shadow Serpents weren`t in it, i got mad, and that brought bad luck, so the last RPG imploded. The next one has to be after we all see AvP2 i would say...

Blade_Monstrona, Undefined, 16 years ago

I was in the falling Sky RPG and it was not that great. But hopefully the next one will be finished. I'll try and get in the next one.

I dont know why that one bombed........people were always so anxious for an RPG but i guess too many people had too many things going on in real life.
Bad timing i guess.

I still wanna see the mods start an all-mod rpg like they did a long time ago and never finished cause some(or most) of the mods from there are gone.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

A Mod-only RPG isn't a bad idea, that would actually be awesome, but then every mod (or most of them) would have to make a comeback and become active for at least a week. I read the other Mod RPG and it looked awesome with all those quality posts.

Yeah, i think i lost the page where it is on though.

All of the mods did a hell of a job on that one.

Maybe one day there will be another one.
I remember when i first came to the site but didnt sign up and i was reading the RPG's and i thought "wow this is cool" and i had such interest in the posts.
I would probably feel more like that again if i were just watching a mod rpg.

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

Unfortunately, this site just has no steam left to it. With an influx of younger fans and repetitive/dull topics being constantly created, it drove all the older members away, i rarely ever visit here now, there's not enough substance to keep me stimulated.

Back in the day, the early RPGS were fantastic, people actually knew how to contribute and they were alot of fun, but alas, as i mentioned, younger, less, how shall we say, 'imaginative' members joined and pretty much drove this place into the ground. I sadly believe you'll never get those spectacular days again, maybe once the new film has been released things will change, but i'm still skeptical.

Well, gonna have to keep my fingers crossed I guess.

shadowatching, Undefined, 16 years ago

ok, mods have been in RPG's even with the younger ones. WHy not a RPG with out Mod's, but they can watch of course and delete the posts that are not good. That way they can learn how to RP better or something.

rayne, Undefined, 16 years ago

i dink Sw has a good idea i like it.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

I personally couldn't agree more Dave, the imagination pool has run pretty dry lately. The last couple of RPGs on the board haven't even had a proper ending due to lack of interest.

Another great RPG like back in the old days would be great, but at this point it's doubtful we'll get another one of that caliber again.

I dont know about that Shadow, that was what kinda happened on the Homeland rpg, and it didnt start out so well. Mods barely posted in that rpg i believe and it was alittle crazy.

Ya know, either way if AVP2 turns out good or bad we will either have something to point out many mistakes in, or be very excited about how well it went.
Either way many topics will probably be made.
But if AVP2 turns out well the site will have better hopes for future movies if they are ever made, then maybe membs would stay longer.

The site has had many "downs" in the past, and it always came back up if only for a little while.
I hope history repeats in the way of bringing to site up again.

I wont leave, even if the site goes gets ghostly ill check in still.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

I really hope AVP2 doesn't spark interest in the wrong kinds of fans, like those that Dave are talking about. I really hate that I wasn't here for those older RPGs, being younger back then I would've probably had a lot more time than what I have now. It probably would have been a great experience with all the mods and experienced writers in the game.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Maybe AvP 2 will be just what this site needs, or maybe it will be just what it doesn`t need, it could change things too much after all... And a mod RPG after the new AvP could mean an inspiration to the other members. But if there`s to be a clans RPG, the clan problem needs to be fixed, or at least a list of clan members should be made by a representative of each clan, to make it clear for everyone what clan they`re in and who`s with them. Also, there`ll be the problem of the new types of alien, at least and the new features...

But even so, WW3 could start anytime now, so we might not care anymore by then!

I agree with Bloo onm the spark of interest part.
And even though i was here for some not new but not "old" rpg's. I wish i was in "Quest for Capture" or something where K20A2 posted more, i wish i got to know him alittle more or better, he made a few short appearances since i registered.
I am glad that i got into the RPG's that i did, Homeland was my first.

Malice, Undefined, 16 years ago

What you guys should do to make Rp's good, is take opinions and suggestions from the members that want to roleplay, then it would be a RP that everyone would enjoy. That what i did on my Forum, and it had a high sucess, so you guys should try. Just create a thread titled "RP Suggestions" and make it for everyone on the forum, including adminds,mods, and members to type what they would want in an RP and if you do they will all tell you, and you can try to combine them somehow, it works believe me.

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

What works, is having only members who can spell and construct sentences properly be in the participation, other than that, RPGS are just a complete mess.