Fighting Stance

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

In the first pred movie when Jungle Hunter was fighting Dutch toward the end he(the pred) squatted down, stretched his arms, and began to circle Dutch.

Does anybody have any idea why the pred took this stance? It was mainly only in the beginning of the fight but it made me wonder if there was some kind of benefit like easy dodgeing or countering of opponents moves.

Or do you think it was just something to try and intimidate Dutch?

Maverick98, Yautja, 16 years ago

its posable that the stance he was usingwas a cinde of martial arts or something like that

predatoress, Yautja, 16 years ago

Yeah, I agree on Mav this one. In any kind of contact sport people usually get crouched to be ready to attack as fast as possible, or avoid the impact. Also the stretched arms shows power in my mind. It's like yelling "come on!" at your opponent 'cos you let your defence open like that, just to show how cabeable you actually are to take that back or attack.

Well that's my theory anyway lol

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

Crouching and moving around in a certain way is usually seen in many proffesional sports such as basketball. Hunting is their sport so I guess that his style of doing what he's doing.

JJManiac, Yautja, 16 years ago

in many martial arts this stance is a preparing move so you can easily dodge, jump, lunge, or kick

it compresses the muscles so any move you do will have axtra power because your legs are ready to 'unspring'

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

When I took martial arts i was taught to take that stance. It was definatly for improved fighting.

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

I was really hoping that someone with alittle martial arts experience would be able to shed some light on it.

Good replies and explinations people.

x_saysell, Yautja, 16 years ago

Its stance that allows ballance and enables the user to react quickly if attacked bt tossing the oppnent to the ground (and if your a predator wristblade arnie) well at that is wat a similar stance is used to teach new kickboxing students (well at the gym where i do boxing)

Inferno, Yautja, 16 years ago

The predator would probably take that stance for the reason stated before (balance and readiness.) Intimidation may also be a part in there but I do not think it would be large. Also, by crouching, the predator presents a smaller target, harder to hit.

Magma_Lair, Yautja, 10 years ago

I posted this in another discussion but that had a link to here (but not visa verse) so here it is and I think it will help you understand exactly why the Predator does what it does with fighting :)

"Predators study their prey and base there fighting styles on how their prey defends them self. This is why in Predator 1 the Predator has a very abstract Vietnamese style of fighting, because the prey are fighting like Americans (and we all know which technique would win) where in Predators they have a more 'hunting' approach to their combat. Although the Predators (well most) don't really care what happens to their prey, they still respect their prey and give them a chance. After all does a solider really learn from rounding up wolfs and gunning them down? I believe this is why the Predator in number one didn't kill people with no weapons. Also this would explain what the predator did to Hanzo; how he sort of agrees to fight in a style that would give them both honor.

So basically a Predator would go Bruce Lee on people's asses if it was the necessary style. :)"

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

Yeah, disregard my post in the other thread - an erratic and wildly unpredictable fighting style is how I see Predators fighting each other (imagine two hyper-intelligent snakes or cats). Even though these threads are old as shit, they didn't get as muh discussion they deserved.

PredAlienWarrior, Yautja, 10 years ago

Their stance is (In my opinion) a mixture of intimidation, based on the 'ready to strike' style (like a snake), and a mixture of their sacred fighting styles they were taught

ciaosarah, Yautja, 10 years ago

In this way, the cheap nike free run market loses customers, cheap nike free run sneakers high-quality programming cheap nike free run shoes for men loses profits and only speculators get the money. cheap nike free run running shoes Each year, Gong's company produces one men's nike free run children's drama with men's nike free run shoes more than a million yuan of investment. "But so many rivals men's nike free run sneakers make children's drama with only hundreds of thousands men's nike free run trainers of yuan. women's nike free run red men's nike free run cheap They price their show the same as ours or even men's nike free run wholesale higher, and parents wholesale nike free run don't know which is better for their kids," wholesale nike free run for men he explains. wholesale nike free run uk In second-and-third-tier cities, Gong and his team where to buy nike free run often discover copycat posters and products related to their work, but he can do nothing to stop the rip-off merchants. Government-backed arts organizations, on the other hand, begin on a much stronger financial footing. Ji Xiaolan, a singer and the president of the Shanghai Hailin Jazz Orchestra, says what bothers her and fellow presidents of private troupes is lacking government support.