avp2 rated R

inferno-, Undefined, 16 years ago

i heard on a site avp2 is rated r coming this christmas its supposed to be more voilent and hardcore. i hope this answers alot of questions.

yea im back i bet you missed me

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

That's no new news, everyone has known about the R rating for quite some time.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

I really don't trust Fox lately. I'll beilive the R rating when I see the R rating.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Hm, more violent and hardcore... that`s how Uwe Boll`s movies are... Well, whatever, as long as it has an alien and a predator in it....

Celtec-Predator, Undefined, 16 years ago

the noobs will be sad

Blade_Monstrona, Undefined, 16 years ago

I agree with Deathdrop. I don't recon it will be good enough to be R rated.

shadowatching, Undefined, 16 years ago

Bah, i will make my own rating when i see it and it would be a few weeks after my b-day yay?!

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Oh, for Jeanne`s sake! This is the order o how you should think about the movie: First be exited that you can see it, then like it as you watch it but also dislike the really stupid parts if there are any, then post here that it wasn`t that bad, then rewatch it and post here how crappy it was compared to the original. Then stil like it as you watch it, but in no way as much as you liked it the first time.

The rating is only formal, i mean "Dawn of the living dead" is rated 18+ here (highest rating here) and it is less violent than Mortal Kombat, that used to be 13+, then 17+ and now is 15+ for some reason... But remember, that WE suspended the president that got us into the EU for very illegal stuff, then went right on and voted him back cos he promised he wouldn`t do it any more. So you can understand that we are a pretty incompetent lot.

Might I ask how a chestburster scene is supposed to work without blood and gore? Need I remind anyone of the half-assed chestburster shot from AvP? A solid "R" rating means they won't be pulling any punches.

ChEsTBuRsTeD42, Undefined, 16 years ago

Chestbursting event without blood......not very realistic nor original. Not to sound like someone who craves blood, but AVP, Alien, and Predator movies should have blood and gore(More than enough to make it rated R). If it's not rated R, well, just watch the originals to see how much better it is.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Alien had way more gore than you could take during its time. Predator has a lot of gore, more than you ask for. A chestburster scene alone has more blood than you want. It's a simple addition problem, but FOX is stupid enough to subtract all the way to zero.

predatoress, Undefined, 16 years ago

Oh hell yes, I want more bloody bodies around. I want good old fashion horror elements what you could find in the original movies, not some kiddy action what was AvP all about. Then my eyes will be glimmering form happiness like being a kid in candystore... But I don't put my hopes too high, Fox is Fox and thinks about money and popularity, not what would actually please the old fans.

But come on - a creature who skins bodies just for the sake of it, and another what kills other creatures just for the sake of it - shouldn't it be umm, more violent interaction?

inferno-, Undefined, 16 years ago

there are also rumors of new predator technology and more than 1 alien hybrid also 1 main predator in the film also the ridged aliens from aliens are going to be in it though it has not been confirmed but the rating is still R weither you like it or not but who knows it might change before this christmas when it comes out but give it a chance it could be better than all the alien and predator movies you never know(but it has a 10% chance) so lets see what happens

MrXeno, Undefined, 16 years ago

There should be so much violent in that movie it'll make people believe it's actually a Snuff movie when they watch it. Naah, just joking, but i hope the movie is very violent and of course have a good storyline too. And last for a while too than just 90 minutes like the last one did... If i remember correct now.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

The only real over the top violence in any of the alien or predator films has been the predator spine & skull rip, even though it generally wasn't shown in explicit detail.

How gory AVP2 would have to be to get an R rating is beyond me, as over here all the Alien & Predator films are rated M, with the exception of Alien Resurrection, which used to be rated R when it was first released if I recall correctly, although since it was by far the bloodiest in the series, it was understandable.

A spine-rip and a chestbursting would be more than sufficient for an "R" over here.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Most people over here don't know the meaning of brutal, but usually it's seen through movies like 300. Hey, the consider a round-house kick brutal.

Davian, Undefined, 16 years ago

Thank god its rated R. AVP1 Sucked because it was PG-13 wtf?

xalener, Undefined, 16 years ago

Thiss makes me happy. Hopefully we getr to see brain when a human dies from alien toungue. I miss that.

And I hope the predator's shouler guns don't make those stupid power ranger sparks. THEY NEED TO CAUSE BLOODY IMPACT.