How does the Plasma Caster work?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 18 years ago

How exactly does everyone's favorite laser-gun work in terms of how the Pred controls it? Let's hear some theories!

deathdrop1.jpg

OTANG, Yautja, 18 years ago

yup i guess my opinions mean nothing lol. i hate peopel repeating what i say lol

otangmodsig2.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

Unknown, Yautja, 18 years ago

i beleive that there are mandible triggers in the helmet so the Predator can shoot.The wires on the side is hooked up to the casters generator.

Sick.jpg

Hunter_Predator, Yautja, 18 years ago

I heard its hacked into their nueral system.

~~~~~HUNT THEM DOWN~~~~~

Unknown, Yautja, 18 years ago

Exactly how Stalker said. However, I do belive that the tri-dot laser can be removed from the helmate, because I swaer I saw the Predator in Predator hold a small tube, of which had the tri-dot pattern upon it.

OTANG, Yautja, 18 years ago

could be that the sighting system is linked in various ways. one way could be linked to the eyeball direction using sensors in the mask visor. this is a modern idea thats being experimented into the millitary; helmet direction is currently linked on the Apache helicopter gunship and its chain gun. another way it could be linked is to brain waves like someone mentioned. that too is currently being experimented. both of these are feasible options. the red laser sighting system could also be customized to fit on the helmet or the plasma caster itself.

otangmodsig2.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

Stalker, Yautja, 18 years ago

The wires connecting to the sides of the mask are linked to the caster. These wires unify the casters movement with the mask's tri beam laser sight. Basically, the caster is aimed by the predators head movement. It can also be manually aimed by controls on the left wrist gauntlet. There are small mandible triggered mechanisms inside the mask to fire the caster without touching the gauntlet controls, this means that the pred can use his hands for other purposes while attacking prey with the caster.

stalker.jpg