End of avp (Predalien)

killswitch, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Some people dont seem to think the predalien at the end of avp cpuld actually cause extensive damage on the pred ship ...... they believe it would cause a few casualtys and then be killed ..... i just wanted your opinions on this

Personaly i believe that predalien has the potential , (with a little luck) to kill just about every last predator on the ship ...... weve all seen Alien , and we all know how deadly the alien is in the confined enviornment of a ship .... aliens really are masters of using a combination of strength , timing and cunning

Not to mention the small fact that , Why exactly would the predators be walking around there ship armed ???
also were not even sure how powerful the predalien`s are ..... could be strong as hell
I just feel the predators would be , efectively , "Caught with there pants down"

Those who think otherwise , post why

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Well, if we think about it, even a drone can overpower a predator sometimes, so i guess a predalien would overpower more than one armored, unarmed predator at a time... but i don`t know how long it would be till a guy with a speargun showed up while somne others are holing the predalien in place like humans do with crocks... preds are used to staring at the faces of aliens, well, some of them, so they wouldn`t have the same reactions to them as humans had in the alien movies. So i don`t think a predalien on a predator ship would last as long as a drone on a human ship.

Kidd, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

... Want my oppinion? Fine, here it is.

Yes, a Predalien would catch the yautjas with their pants down, but you need to remember something from the movie Alien. Everyone in that crew, knew each other. So, if you have like a hand full of yautjas on that ship, there is no doubt that the yautja will soon find out about the disappearance with their brethren and start to hunt the predalien down.

Of course, they are not going to use their plasma weapons or their wrist nuke unless everything else fails.So yea, the predalien will kill several yautjas, but when yautjas don't see some familiar faces, things will get hairy for the alien.

There will be some damage to the ship, but if the yautas are smart and gain up on the creature, surely they can minimize the damage and bring many of their warriors home.

City-Hunter, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

In Predator2, they roamed their ship armed. I also think that they would be experienced situations like that of an unexpected alien aboard (Predalien).

I defenatly doubt it would kill one as a chestburster. If it did as it usually would and grow into a drone and stalk them down. It may kill one, but by then the others would be aware and hunt it down and 'cut it out'.

But if it stalked a Predator, planing to kill them one by one, and the Predator sensed it. Then it would come to battle. But the ship is full of blooded Hunters. Adult Predators. They don't carry Unblooded Predators unless they are taking them to their ritual (which they just got back from). I doubt the Alien would walk away after one battle.

Kid, no one answered you.... you can assume that i want your opinion ... i made the topic after all!

lol Cory, im sure with all the ruckus in the main hall of the ship the predators would have been alerted to harrigans presence and would have grabbed there weapons ..... otherwise they would hardly be walking around armed .....

In addition to this i hate people babbling on about the strength of predator elders .. realistcally its not logical . ATOL, though with aliens however it is logical to asume that a predalien would be stronger than a normal drone and i do feel this is the case..

To be honest as Kid pointed out .... the fancey weapons cant be used ... quit simple there in space and they have to acknowlege their situation and value the ship dont want to be firing spears around and piercing the huill, then there will be obly one winner... in addition to this the predators have to be awre of the acid blood and kill the alien in the rite place, which isnt going to be easy

I think the preds would be confined to close range weapons /..... id pitty anyone who has to go toe, to toe with a predalien , close range It would be like avp all over again .... no shoulder cannons ...... may i remind you what happend to celtic and the other one

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

If the predalien would fight one on one with a pred i am sure the preds would have some type of storage that is acid proofed and stuff to hold aliens. Then would try to lure it there so the acid couldnt eat through hulls.
I am doubtful of being correct but wasn't the queen frozen on the preds ship, then brought down?

Celtec-Predator, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

it would be unexpected and kill most of the predator but since it was a pred host it will know most of the ship

Stalker, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Haven't heard this question in a while...but my answer is still the same. There is no possibility for a single alien to take down over 100 predators on its own, & it was quite clear that there were that many inside the ship, as there were dozens at the climax of AVP. It seems to completely belittle the predators when this question is asked in my opinion, it's as if they're viewed as the herd of sheep unknowingly about to be picked off by the wolf in their midst.

What people don't take into consideration is that they're predators, one of the deadliest species in the galaxy, able to slay aliens in their teenage years, so saying that a single predalien could kill over several dozen of them is completely unrealistic in my opinion, whether it ambushed them or not.

The only way that single predalien would've been able to actually put the ship in severe danger would be if it were to ambush a single predator & "infect" it, turning it into a super-facehugger egg, much like what happened to Brett in the Director's Cut of Alien. If this happened, the alien population could steadily increase inside the ship, although by this point, the predators would've more than likely figured out that something was wrong, & would start trying to track down the creatures.

CW, just because it was hosted from a Predator, I don't think it would carry on it's memories. Its not scar tranformed into an Alien. Its an Alien taking in some traits.

Thats like saying the chestburster from ALIEN knew that ship well because it was hosted by a crew member.

@ Kill. Im just going to say we don't have prof if they walk their ships armed because, we don't know if the Predators from Predator2 were alerted and suited up or they watched from the shadows and approached Harrigan when he won the battle. And in AVP, we only saw the Predators get suited.. who knows.. They must of been resting before hand for the ritual ahead. And The Predators inside the ship at the end were already suited up. I doubt they suited up expecting to help the teenage Predators get to the ship when it was their ritual, their test to prove them selves by getting out themselves.

lol fair points i guess, lol i stand by my opinion though

One thing i just thought of... The preds that caried the facehugged pred, they had masks on, so they might have already been aware of the existence of a predalien, so that room could have been sealed, even if not, a predator ship could have a security system much superior to that of the ships in the alien moies, so even with their pants down, the preds might just piss on the alien`s face... tststs... Hey!! Who`s side am i on???

Kidd, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I'm not sure if this will help any because of the regernation and all that I heard from the games, but I'll go by the movies.

When the predalien makes contact with a yautja, they have to do battle. Well, when the battle is over, one lies dead while the other has survived taking a beating from the other. So really, if the predalien did have an all out brawl with a yautja, surely it would take some damage from the predator.

Also, this can be avoided if the Predalien takes to killing his foes without alerting the others but that will go back to what I first talked about, yautjas will be missing seeing some familiar faces.

What do yall think of that little piece of info?

zupsabao, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

well i think it could do some extensive damage, if its (the predalien) not an idiot it would attack the ship powersupply or somethin instead of trying to rampage the entire crew kinda like alien 2 where they turned the lights off lol, or my other theory is its a queen predalien which would make things interesting seein as they hey so much trouble with a normal queen.

Well there`s just onr itsy bitsy problem with your second theory: there`s no such thing as a predalien queen. And i`m sure it would do all the damage it could... Unless we see a pred ship in detail we can`t know how much damage that would be.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

A Predalien wouldn't know it's surroundings because it only recieves certain attributes from the host, not long-term memory.

If it were like that, then we would be even more screwed than we already were, beginning at the Kane scene...

solo_pred, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Ok Well here is wat i think I think that there is no way a pred ailen on a ship that big would wipe out a small fleet of preds mabey 5 or six on an ambush or something of that matter. but a smaller ship that can carry only a dozen preds they might have a problem, but in AVP that wasnt the case. That ship was huge and someone whould notce it or the gaping hole in the bodie before it killed to many. As for a smaller ship It could wipe out moste of them on an ambush and with little trap like things but if that thing was to get to the control room or cockpit or what ever controls the ship and where it fly's that thing could probably control it with aliens being pretty clever and the genious of predators mixed it could figure out where to go land the ship on the homeplanet of the predator's (since its partly one itself and the memory of scar running threw its brain with the same consept as underworld [In underworld evolution marcus sucked kravens blood and transfered memories from kraven to himself] and invade and creating more aliens by reproducing some how it could create a small alien war on the pred planet... but i highly dout that

Exactly what Stalker is saying. We have already been told more than once that they are far beyond our knowledge in terms of technology, and if we have everything that we do now in terms of security, I don't think we can imagine what they have. Maybe a pin-point shooting camera but they probably have something much better than that.

And they have scanners in their helmets, not to mention being the ultimate hunters, they can notice even the slightest noise made by a dying rat. It's crazy, I know, but it's Predators.

I may not know as much about Predators about you Pred-fans but I'm not stupid enough to not know something.

Thank you Bloo! That about sums it up.

lol we might just have to wait and see lol ... im sure well get an answer in december .. though i dont commite myself to any result in this case .... i just choose the unobvious answer to further fuel the topic... i dont pretend to know how powerful the predalien is , though i do hope its not over exaggerated .. and retardedly invincible .. the queen in avp is kinda just toeing the line for me in terms of resiliance.. anything more than that and you might aswell stick it in some F**king jap F**ker dragon ball Z show or some shit

in addition to that il be a little anoyed if the opening scene of avp is simple the predalien emerging from a crash landed ship with loadz of predator bodies lying around .. cool, but id like to see some of the action

I mentioned nothing of a predalienqueen deathwraith lol

Oh god. Dragonball Z is the last thing we need to ruin a horror movie.

"Use your coconut monkey-boy!"

That just made me realize how funny an Alien would look going 'super-saiyan' or however the hell you spell it. Huge spikey hair with a yellow flame going around him...

lol, yeah , i gave up on that when i was about 11 cause its for F**king nerdz who cant get laid

never gave up on the alien franchise lol still going strong after 11 years of worship