Prefered version

daveberg, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Those of you who have the pleasure of seeing both - which do you prefer, the theatrical version of Alien 3 or the directors cut?

Personally, i think the directors cut is the better, it's absolutely awsome.

davesback.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i profer the dirctors cut it makes more sence to me the theatrical version seems to be mising able portion of the storry.

Backinaction.jpg

I prefer the directors cut myself.

Drenton.jpg

i like dog alien and ox alien see alot more of movie,superfacehugger is very cool

in space no one can Hear you scream

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Directors cut. I agree, that thing is almost too big to be coming from that dog, and it makes sense to bring Ox opposed to a dog, but a dog still makes sense.

00Bloo_sig01.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

hyroglphsarenice, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i think ive only seen the theatrical version may i ask whats different in the directors cut?

Hyrosig.jpg
"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not become a monster." ~Nietzche

Plenty, the main feature would be that the Alien comes from an Ox and not a dog. Which explains the initial size of the creature on it's birth.

davesback.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules

Voltage-3000, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

originals r the best

metal16.jpg
There are two reasons men fight, to exist or to live

god_of_blades, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I like the Director's Cut better and Hyro the difference is that is more scenes. Hows it going Hyro.

P.S. Dave i did'nt like that part of the movie where the Chestburster came from the Ox and not from the Dog. And it did'nt make any sense cause the Ox was dead i thought an Alien could survive in a living host.

God-of-Blades-sig.jpg
Entaro Adune

Voltage-3000, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

it can survive in both it just has to feed on whats been left in the body

metal16.jpg
There are two reasons men fight, to exist or to live

The dog was far too small a host for an alien of that size to burst through, it just wasn't plausable. The directors cut version dealt with this accordingly and also featured some other interesting scenes some containing the 'super facehugger'

davesback.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I defenintly have to say that I preferred the special edition of A3, it just added a completely new layer to the movie, & made it much more exciting to watch. It didn't feel like most "diretors cut" versions of a movie where a couple of extra seconds have been added, as there's over 1/2 hr more of movie to watch & when u first see it it almost feels like watching through an entirely new movie. It answers so many of the questions that the theatrical version raised, such as what happened to Golic, etc. The only dissapointment with the special edition for me was the ending, it just wasn't quite as good as the theatrical ending of A3 (I won't spoil what happens for anyone who hasn't seen it) but it's somewhat of a letdown to think that one of the most iconic scenes of the movie was changed for the worse, although in the long run it's a small price to pay considering how much the extra scenes add to the movie.

thorndesignssig.jpg