Regrowth of parts

black_warrior, Yautja, 17 years ago

Can aliens regrow parts of their bodies? like if they had a tail cut off would it grow back with time? or would it just be like a stub forever?

havent really seen it happen in the movies. but if it happened in resurrection or alien3 then nevermind. cause i havent seen those in a long time.

black.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Unknown, Yautja, 17 years ago

The blood was acidic, but not as potent as in the other films.

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

-Bloo-, Yautja, 17 years ago

But even so, remember the acid moments with the floor decks, Hicks, and all that other stuff in ALIEN, Aliens, Alien 3, and Alien: Resurrection; acidic blood all over again. And just for reference, I said IF, not they DO (was talking to Crow in the first sentance, everyone in the second).

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Crow, Yautja, 17 years ago

I would prefer continuity over action, to be honest...

Either way, no, aliens have never been recorded to regenerate limbs to my knowledge aside from Grid in AvP, and that was a continuity error (take a look around the internet.)

I don't really consider AvP to be really canon to begin with because if it were so then Alien blood isn't acidic, either. There were several scenes where the preds and humans came into contact with xenomorph blood and they didn't even sizzle...

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

kingpredator, Yautja, 17 years ago

there are alot of mistakes but give the directors a brack cause if they fixed everything they wouldent get as much money becuase it wuldent look so cool...on my point of view

You mean Grid? And those were just cuts, so if they ARE able to regrow parts, then he wouldn't want to waste his effor on just regrowing some parts of his head, especially just cuts. But for Grid's tail, I don't know. It just may be that it was a mistake if they can grow parts back (mistake in question being that there are a lot of mistakes in AVP).

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

cardmaster12595, Yautja, 17 years ago

Yes.Aliens can regrow while in the hive.It does take some time though.

MySig.gif

black_warrior, Yautja, 17 years ago

so the webbing of the hive has regenerative abilities or what?

i keep getting the games mixed with the movies.

black.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

cardmaster12595, Yautja, 17 years ago

So do I sometimes.In the movies there was never an instance of it....so I'd go with games...but then again in AVP the hero alien got the cuts on his head and throughout the movie it stayed like that.Hmmm......I don't entirely know...but it would make sense to me if they could.

MySig.gif

Unknown, Yautja, 17 years ago

alien should be able to grow back tall im no im go cazy are is it the weather im going cazy man i want to kill alliens!!!!! but ya alien will and should be ble to grow a new part of there body

to me i like killen aliens

Heh, yeah, that makes a lot more sense. At least, Scar should've been effected by that things outter dome, when its blod spilled on it (also there was only a little and he didn't touch that part). Unless the Alien's blood doesn't flow right inside the outter dome; it really shouldn't, because when they turn into warriors (the outter dome melding with the head or something), it would leak out and bleed until it gets head trauma. Which would be really... It wouldn't make sense. But since there WERE a lot of mistakes in AVP, I don't know if what I'm saying even makes sense.

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

FrozenAlien, Yautja, 17 years ago

Ooh lol i didn't get it in the first page when i read Xenomorph blood isn't acidic. Yea, one of their hands should of been burned or something like that. lol

---------------------------
Kainde Amedha of the Hive

00FA_sig04.5.PNG

Crow, Yautja, 17 years ago

Oh I'm talking about in AvP, when the pred and the woman get ahold of that xenomorph spinal column / head. That thing should have been COVERED in acidic blood. Just another wonderful continuity error. I know that temperature plays no part in the acid's effects, I just used "sizzle" as a figure of speech.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

Mhm... Like Otang said, not all of those things were acid. Plus, I don't even think acid has that much viscosity. No offense, just my thoughts.

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

OTANG, Yautja, 17 years ago

CROW: LOL @ sizzle. by saying they have come into contact with alien blood and not 'sizzle', what scene are u talking about?? there are scenes when humans find traces of goo or other secretions, but thats not neccesarily blood. if u mean when alien blood gets on skin, like in alien ressurection (in this case spit), u have to remember that xeno blood is acidic (even tho chemically speaking, base chemicals are the ones that actually burn human skin, not acids). things 'burn' with xeno blood not cuz of temperature, but becuase of molecular desintegration.

i too prefer continuity over action. continuity was gravely sacrificed in AvP where action was the main element. but still entertaining.

we have yet to see regeneration of body parts of xenos in the movies. the games 'stretch' things a lot only to fill gaps to help sell the game.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules