an idea.

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

i may have put this to you all before(mods)but is there any chance of a search button.so when new members come and join they dont post the same old topics.all it takes is a quick look in the search function.....see if your desired topic has been discussed,if so dont post,if not,feel free.i sometimes tire of reading the same stuff.while its good that ppl input as much as possible,its just monotonous to read the same post 50 times.thanks for your time

regards

harrigan

firepred.bmp.jpg

HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I agree, just a few weeks ago someone created a new topic completely unaware that there was an almost identical topic that was only a few rows down, just shows how some ppl don't even bother to look around

thorndesignssig.jpg

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

Gonna have to ask P on that one. He is the only one that can make changes and add stuff to the site. mods can only keep it in order.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

can one of the mods please suggest this to p.if its not too much trouble.thanks again.

firepred.bmp.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 17 years ago

I def know what you mean Harrigan, it does get repetitive when new members start posting the same old stuff, would be better to carry on from an older topic than to keep creating new ones.

davesback.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

will u put it forward then dave.nice one

firepred.bmp.jpg

like i said......a search function is needed stalker,dave,otang...wait not you,dd.can one of you contact p on this.many thanks.much appreciated.

firepred.bmp.jpg

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

Why not me? I'm more than cappable of E-mailing someone. ;)

Just yanking your chain, dude. A search button would be nice.

deathdrop1.jpg

god_of_blades, Undefined, 17 years ago

I don't want to be rude or anything but the thing is stalker what you said is that some people don't have time to check this whole website i mean it would take ages. And as for that few rows down thing they might not know what the topic is and don't have the time to check and write what they want to say.

God-of-Blades-sig.jpg

hence he need for a search tool.

firepred.bmp.jpg

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yea...that's actually a very, VERY good idea...a search bar would be helpful, and maybe even some sub-forums could help divide up the topics and whatnot for quick reference...

849003_2.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I personally don't like the idea of subforums, it breaks the topics up too much. Yes, I suppose it would probably make things a little bit more organised, but I just don't like subforums. That's one of the things that makes this place unique & great in my opinion, is the lack of subforums, how all the topics are just layed out in a single forum, with the topics most recently used being bumped to the top, it's a much more user- friendly navigational system that what most forums have. The search bar sounds like a good idea so we won't have 100 identical topics, but I am strongly opposed to having subforums

thorndesignssig.jpg

I agree with Stalker i like the idea of the sub-forum but like Stalker said it's what makes this site...... Unique. But i suggest the Search Tool it's good way to find a topic for those who don't have the time to look.

God-of-Blades-sig.jpg

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

But there is one problem............Not every topic of the same subject has the same name. Or is it going to be like "if this topic has the words Favorite and Alien in it then it will bring up a list of topics like that?

Blackwarrior-sig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Maybe i think that they would check the topic and put it in the place it fits best.

God-of-Blades-sig.jpg