The AVP queen

Alienation, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I've read a some forums now and what I learned about aliens is that the queen is 3 meters taller than her minions. In AVP, Paul Anderson made her huge like it was in the dinosaur times (double the oxygen than we have now). Did he just did this for fun because people were saying that he killed both franchies.

"There is no "I" in team,there is an "I" in "KILL"

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Well, no one is entirely sure WHAT Mr. Anderson was thinking when he made the Xenomorph queen that big, nor so unintelligent. She was little more than a screaming monster in AvP, and did not possess the brooding intellect which could be witnessed in Aliens. I think he was just trying to make the queen into a terrifying beast, and failed miserably at doing so.

The degree of oxygen in the atmosphere does not matter because xenomorphs simply do not breathe.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

You mean when in Aliens, she just hissed and screached? I guess you're right, it's not like her to be like that. I t's like she lost one of her children and she was on a rampage to find it. (I saw your xenomorph bioligy thing and that's awesome)

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i think what he meant was that in aliens the queen was smart, and not just a mindless killing machine that smashed through walls all the time. Anderson tried to make the queen into a large terrifying beast and messed up. the queen in aliens was one of the best, she told her warriors and drones to back down when she sensed ripley would harm her eggs, she used the elevator to get to ripley and then she hid on the ship almost as if she knew it would take ripley somewhere.

the only thing the AVP queen did was hiss, screach, and tear up everything in sight.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Yes, Black Warrior nailed my point, I meant exactly what he wrote ^_^

Thanks for the compliment, Alienation

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

Plus,how did the queen lay an egg before Ripley made to the ship because I thought it takes a while to create an egg sack (not in AVP Extinction where the the egg sack just appears)

Oh, check the Xenomorph Biology thread on that, under "Xenomorph Queen". I provide an explanation.

Additionally, I don't think the xenomorph queen can regrow her abdomen, just as how xenomorph drones can't regenerate lost limbs. Once it's gone, it's gone. That's what made it so essential for her to lay a new egg on the ship before she passed on.

45324912.jpg

OH, I get it, if her abdomen is detached by any of that, she'd lay one more egg which contains a supper face hugger just in case if the previous queen failed in combat.

Precisely ^_^ And if she does succeed, even though she is unable to regrow her abdomen (and consequently incapable of producing standard facehuggers), she could still lay a queen facehugger to take control of the hive.

45324912.jpg

Jed-Chrizt, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

'Clever Girl' I say to the queen!
Don't even get me started on Anderson, that guy is a....ba---No, no..good person. But in ALIENS, the queen got her kicked, that was bull though.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

The queen in AVP was little more than a t-rex in disguise. In the special features, some of the animators remarked at how hard it was to give the queen a special look & style, when all they did was make her act like a dinosaur. Pretty much all she did was screech, & chase after other characters, & smash everything in front of her to a pulp, pfft. In Aliens the queen was a menacing & intelligent beast. She actually had a character behind her, she wasn't just set to "crush, kill, destroy" mode all the time. Anderson claims to be such a massive Alien fan, yet he couldn't even capture the personality of his favourite creature, guess he didn't give a d@mn about the depth behind her personality & just wanted to see her smash things.

TheStalker.jpg

Anderson... he just wanted to see aliens kill predators with ease... and have a queen that's the size of a dinosaur. Put that queen in Jurassic Park and not a damn thing can stop it.

The queen is Aliens was only about 3/4 the size of the AVP queen. Anderson said he felt the queen should be that size, for what reason I don't know, she seemed to be doing just fine in Aliens without having grown 10 extra feet in length. The queen in Aliens was maybe just a little over 12 or 13ft tall, wheras Anderson's looked well over 17 feet tall.

TheStalker.jpg

I thought the queen in aliens was 15 feet tall, and Anderson's extended to over 20 and plus...
Heck maybe I can be wrong...heh.

That guy is still a dic-- Nice person, very nice person.

They also had completely different personalities (if u can even claim that the AVP queen had one). The one from Aliens spent much of her time in a hunched position, studying her opponent & plotting an attack against them, wheras in AVP she just moved & attacked like a t-rex, & even tried to bite lex's head off (much like the t-rex in The Lost World) as she was fleeing

TheStalker.jpg

He turned the queen into a mindless, enraged xenomorph with no brain, no strategy. Just plain raw-action! He still failed. This guy isn't worth anything, all he does is recycle ideas, or kill them. He's back at it again, planning to make a new ALIEN movie...

The queenie in ALIENS, would have owned, everything too possibly... But that exosuit..

The queen was about the size of that robot that Ripley was in. Replace the ALIENS queen with the AVP queen and I think that the queen wouldn't fit through that hole, sending her into space. Plus, I bet that the robot would be up to the queen's leg for the AVP queen.