Are aliens females and are predators males?

Alienation, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I say that aliens are females because there has been no king alien to produce more aliens with the queen. Plus the queen just lay eggs like the lizards in the desert, those were all females.

For the predator, I say there were only males, but if there were any females, I'd say that they would follow the ancient way. What I mean is that in the ancient times, only males could become warriors.This is just an opinion okay? Not a fact.

P.S Is that what the Aztecs do when they fought 'cause you correct me on that.

"There is no "I" in team,there is an "I" in "KILL"

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I'm fairly certain that we've had this topic posted multiple times...for both Alien and Predator genders. According to the books, there are female predators, but they are somewhat like homemakers, though they are much larger and stronger than male preds. So yes, they would be much like the Aztecs. This, however, is not canon.

According to the sketches made by Mr. Giger, the creator of the Xenomorph, Aliens have both male and female genders. Drones have differing genders, though they are obviously unable to reproduce, either through pheromone suppression or some form of sterility.

The queen is either female or capable of a-sexual reproduction, this we do not know, though I believe that the Warrior xenomorphs, which are most likely male in gender, produce an alpha male of the strongest physique and build to mate with the queen. The alpha warrior may be the closest thing to a "king" alien that we will ever see.

This would mean that the Xenomorph caste system is divided as follows, through forms of metamorphosis and aging:

Drone (Female) -> Queen
Drone (Male) -> Warrior -> Alpha

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

predalienking, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

also there is a king alien in aliens rouge thats what is about you think this is my username that i made completely up?
PredalienkingSig.jpg

...Oookay, from what I can gather there is a king alien in what appears to be a book of some sort. Books are not canon. Films are canon, and, more importantly, the works of H.R. Giger.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

I thought that the drone transforms its prey itno a super egg that containes the the queen facehugger.

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

that only happens if there is no queen in the hive at that moment.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

I really should finish my Xenomorph Biology paper...it has all the information + explains exactly how the caste system works, too. I'll get around to it eventually, for now I'm a bit too busy to contribute much to this site.

45324912.jpg

predalienking, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

in aliens rouge there is a king alien

PredalienkingSig.jpg

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

movies are the only thing that are considered canon. books, comics, and games do not count as a source of true information. although some contain info that came from the creator of the alien or pred or a movie.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

So you're saying that we should mostly trut on comic books than on the movies because the books came out first, then they put it in movies, but they add a little something to it?

Alienation and predalienking, the movies came out first. H.R. Giger's Alien was first introduced as an illustration, THEN the movies were made using that illustration, THEN the books were made by fans of the movies.

The books were published by independent authors who made up information as they went along, and it is therefore not canon. I could write a 2-page short story about an alien that has a truffle for a head and it would hold the same validity as those books.

45324912.jpg

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I wouldn't believe anything from the comics or games, & especially toys. The only thing I go by is the movies. Comics, toys, games, etc. tend to make up alot of rubbish to make their characters seem much more vibrant, & the like, & in the process entirely butcher both franchises with ridiculous creations such as "ravagers, carriers", & yes, "the king alien". All of it is ridiculous & a disgrace to both franchises.

As far as the genders of aliens & predators....

Aliens, for the majority, I don't think have a gender, with the queen being an exception, she obviously seems to be female, although she is most likely A-sexual, meaning that she doesn't need to mate to reproduce.

Predators on the other hand, have male & female genders, much the same way as any other living thing does. Although we haven't seen a female pred yet, they are rumoured to be even larger & stronger than males in most cases.

TheStalker.jpg

That would be true, Stalker, if not for H.R. Giger's recent release of...erm..."questionable" xenomorph sketches, which clearly exhibit xenomorphs with male and female genitalia. As you said, pretty much the only canon things in existence are the films, but Mr. Giger's illustrations hold a higher validity (at least to me) because he is the founder of the Xenomorph.

45324912.jpg

devilpredator88, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

the aliens are females and alot of the prds are men but there are also alot of fempreds too

UNDERTAKER_66, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I think that the ALIENS are femails & the PREDATORS are males because the ALIENS are the only one with a QUEEN

predatoress, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I didn't think I would ever say this on the main board but... lol

You guys debate on same thing than saying "mooses are males and reindeers are females". In my logic both of the species have 2 or more genders, even tho Crow stated already about the possible asexual reproduction of the queen.

skullhunter220, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

i know that alien drones and the predators in the movies are meale, but i honestly dont care if there male or femal

predatoress, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Someone should go and aske them, that's what I do to people whose gender I can't tell <.

ErdeKaiser, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Gigers art does hold validity in some cases, though, I think of the movies as my source of what is canon or not, and they have deviated or in some cases completely ignored Giger's concepts and designs from time to time

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

This argument is something you'd find in Scary Movie 3. "Mice are inside, rats are outside, fool!"

There is no way of telling what gender any of the Aliens were (aside from the Queens) . Not all Predators are male, but the ones used in the movies are believed to be so.