Question bout Plasma Caster

navyspaz, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Does anyone know how it shoots? Ive seen on the game they press a button on their wrist, but on the movies they dont press anything, it just shoots... How? is their like a trigger he pulls in his mask?

Navyspaz.jpg
.::Messageboard Rules and RPG Information::.

hyroglphsarenice, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i dont think it would control itself. at least i would hope not although mabye thats true. as for the game yea they do use the wrist band. hmmm for maybe the movie nerve impulse commands? i mean the plasam caster becomes attached to them like the mask. speaking of the mask maybe thats how they switch vision modes... in any case im not sure your guess is as good as mine

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

DeathLocks, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

You are right I think, they never do do anything to make the plasma caster shoot in the movies so I think that the plasma caster kind of controls itself. The yautja have technology way behond ours so I think what I said is a possibility.

DEATHLOCKSSIG.bmp.jpg

TheHunter, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i think since that their mask is connected to all these wires on them that one is connected to the mask and the just tell it where to shot then BANG! it fires.

The fighter to DEATH

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

maybe the mask can read the preds thughts and shoot when he says fire in his head. maybe.

DiscsSig.gif

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

The plamacaster & mask are both linked, either through a wireless connection, or through the wires that protrude from the mask. Which ever direction that the tri-beam laser sight in the mask is facing when is are connected is the direction that the plasmacaster will aim, basically, as long as the pred is wearing it's mask, the plasmacaster is controlled by his head movement. As for it firing, well, inside the mask there are small, mandible-triggered controls to the predator's cloak, plasmacaster, & vision modes, meaning he can activate any of these without using his hands, although there are also secondary/backup controls on the preds left wrist gauntlet in the event of mask loss.

stalker.jpg

You may be right about triggering the plasma caster somewhere in the mask, but I think every predator can control the direction and when it fires with a small button for firing and a small button for the movement under the wrist gauntlet.

Ive heard that the pc tracks through the mask but fires through a button in the mask which the pred taps with his mandibles. Id say its either that or it some how can read the preds brain.

BloodHunter.jpgHunt or be hunted....Kill or be killed....Check before you enter cus the chances are you aint gonna make it...Welcome to the world of AVP

Sp8d8, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I think Blood Hunter is right. It would make more sense to just move the equivalent of their lips, which would leave their hands free for close combat fighting. Maybe each mandible controls direction, power, vision and fire.

In space no one can hear you scream......except whatever is making you scream

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

or maybe each one controls the Plasma caster, cloak, vocal mimicry, and vision.

BWsig.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

i amagin a plasma caster working in a simolar fation to a rail gun but that would requir a sollid core to the projectil wich maces sence realy cose a luiquid only projectile is cinde of implosable as fare as i no

Backinaction.jpg

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

well we do have machines that shoot water in such a thin line and high pressure that it can cut through metal and rock. but that wouldnt really count as projectile would it?

anyway i thought plasma was like jelly that has somekind of chemical stuff that makes it desinigrate or burn through anything in its path. I think i remember something in predator about when Blaine died. something about clean shot through the chest. like no marks to tell the weapon that was used.

BWsig.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Leandros8, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

what the pred say when the human asked for some plasma?he said:ok,but itll go right through ya!haha!srry for the primitive joke,anyways,ithink that he controls it with his mind but the wrist computer(as seen in the videogames)might be some kind of manual override,if it malfunctions or he cant stop thinking about it.

shadowatching, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

In the avp2 PSP game, its the same way. COntroled by the mask, and shot by the mask. THere has been no, usage of the wrist anything

navyspaz, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I know it's controlled by the mask, but does he just look at something and think "Hmm I want to shoot that" and it shoots ? how does the predator control it to shoot ?

btw, this is an old topic, lol.

The-Wolf, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I kinda find the mandible trigger theory kinda stupid. I'd rather keep it unknown. All I need to know is that he blasts people into two with it somehow.