TYPES OF PREDATORS IN THE MOVIES

Predator4Life, Undefined, 18 years ago

What types of Predators are in the movies predator, predator 2, and AVP, just those three, not including the ones in the video games and comic books. Thanks

Scar_Face, Undefined, 18 years ago

If they ever officialy come up with names for the Preds from 1 & 2, I'll call them by their names. But for now, let's just call them by what we have been given to us.

By the way, yes humans do have titles concerning their attributes. Technition, Pilot, Teacher, etc. My point is that our jobs are to our titles, as predator hunting styles are to their "titles".

Quinn, Undefined, 18 years ago

well yes they do i guess i could have put it better a pred is a pred is a pred unless its dead...

"This time the B!tch Is Back

celtic102, Undefined, 18 years ago

Avp
------------------------------------------------
Celtic Predator (Whoo hooo)
Scar Predator
Chopper Predator
Predator 1

Jungle Hunter (I think thats his name)
Predator 2
City Hunter

.:Celtic-Designs:.

.:The Youngest Mod
.:Graphic Carnage:.

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

They're all the same. Just differences between being blooded and unblooded. All the predators have is different names, there's no class of hunter such as 'city' or 'jungle' that's again, another embelishment by the gaming world to make things easier for younger audiences.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

exactly right dave, "jungle & city hunter" were just nicknames given to the costumes in concrete jungle, but people just call them by those names because it's easier than saying "the predator from pred 1 or 2", those are NOT their true names

stalker.jpg

the_doctor, Undefined, 18 years ago

i hate the "city & jungle" nick names, it makes them sound so childish.

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

yoyo.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

yeah but what else would u call them ? it would be easier if they had names.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Do you love horror flicks? http://chainsawhouse.proboards76.com/index.cgi

Just call them predators, straight to the point and simple. No complications then and definately no money making spin offs like the games and comics etc....

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 18 years ago

Officialy, there are types of predators, as was the humans were in the stone age. Like humans there are the basic ones such as...

Archer: Masterly trained for long ranged combat.

Axeman: Trained souly for close up weapon combat.

Those are sort of the basic ones, not all are the same like the fact that Chopper had Muals on his arms and the rest didn't. "City Hunter" had more weopons, mind you the makers might not of thought of them yet, but I will try to quote a makers thoughts, "We'll try to change this predator a bit, more weapons, new Plasma Caster, so on, just an attemp to give him a bit more character." Obveously, looking at the weapons, there are different types of Yautja.

~~~~~HUNT THEM DOWN~~~~~

I see what you're saying there, there are indeed different arts and styles that these predators possess but none the less they are still considered as 'predators' think of it in regards to the human race - we all have special talents and arts/hobbies we love to follow but we don't go under the name of the hobbie we participate in - if we did i'd be called 'drinker dave' on the whole we are just classed as 'Humans'

Wait, i'm now lost, i think i confused myself, too much coffee this morning.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 18 years ago

I see what you mean now.

~~~~~HUNT THEM DOWN~~~~~

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

Dave,some people love another Predator character than the other(and so on) and we'd like to call them by what ever name they have(jungle hunter,and city hunter)and those are the only name we can adress them.If they had actual names for those Predators,i'd call them by that.

not to sound cocky.just to try to tell you im not one of those younger audience that doesnt know much.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Do you love horror flicks? http://chainsawhouse.proboards76.com/index.cgi

Quinn, Undefined, 18 years ago

its not much to know, its one thing to use the term "city hunter" for the pred from pred 2 but its another to assume its in any way different from the "jungle hunter" in pred one. like humans they are all different but there are no cl.

"This time the B!tch Is Back

Cory - you wasn't being cocky at all, like i alway - everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i have very strong feelings towards certain subjects and stick to my guns, i may come across as beign patronising or arrogant but that's truly not the design of my comments. I just beleive that there is quite a number of younger fans out there that only go on information they gain from games and comics - this in reality has nothing to do with the true story/biology/theories that we are shown within the movie franchises. But as above, that's just my personal opinion. ;)

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders