An RPG Question

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

For a first thread, I know this doesn't have much to do with Alien/Predator, and I apologize for that, but the real reason for creating this was because I have a question. I have read/skimmed all through three RPGs, and I have read past RPG topics. For me to be good, do I need a good rank or a just be good in writing? Because somewhere along the line, I saw someone say, "This guy's a total noob to this site and yet he tries to take me down!", or something like that. Does that mean I need to have a specific rank to fight, or just be good in what I write?

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

In past RPGs (I skimmed through all of them but I'm not crazy), I think I've seen a Runner in there a few times. Don't know, though. It's most likely you CAN be a Runner or Dog Alien (sorry to you other Alien/Predator fans, it's just that the Runner is almost the same thing as a Dog Alien with few differences) in an RPG.

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

hyroglphsarenice, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i have a question of my own regarding rpgs. in the rpg rule section it states what you can be. yet for xenomorphs it does not mention runners. so does that mean that you cant be a runner even thouh it is a accredited xenomorph? i mean it does have its strong points as well as its weak points. via runners are extremely fast yet very weak. in any case i understand why not to much power can be inacted. i mean you cant go around and say hey im a queen, ravager (*shudders* what a discrase) or im a elder. but if it has its weaknesses as well as its strengths woudnt it be fine? which leads me to my second question whould preatorians be allowed. after all out of the non movie creations isnt it the most accredited? after it even though it has stronger "armor" it loses it ability to fit in small places, its ability to pounce, etc... in any case i was just wondering

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

OTANG, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

kidd, u had it right the first time. but because of the wording in the rules, its not clear wether to make an attempt to kill ON THE FOURTH POST or AFTER THE FOURTH POST. either way is good. u dont have to make a kill either, u can spar for fun and then go ur seperate ways. its just to make a good story, thats all.

and its good for one character to make the sacrifice and allow death for the sake of @ gd story, u can go out in grand fashion, or describe ur own death by ur opponent as i did in the last rpg and posting my own death at the hands of the evil mutant predess. i went out my way , not hers lol. i posted how she killed me instead of letting her write it on her own. XD

bloo technically it doesnt matter how many points one has, what matters is the story and how well it is made. but there should be some seniority, its kinda over teh top if a new member takes out one who has been here a while, unless the story was phenominal.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Kidd, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Aeo, if you want to kill someone, you have to have their consent. There is another Topic that goes with the RPG so that people can talk about the RPG like,"What's going on?" or "What time is it, is it Night or Day?" stuff like that.

But most of all their consent. You can kill them and then speak OOC (Out Of Character) asking them if that is alright, if they are not, you have to make a choice to die or yall both can die together.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Look around each corner before you move because the chances are, you are not gonna make it.

Aeo, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

And how does one decide as to who dies. I mean to me that would seem to cause the most problems of all.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

Alright, thanks again Otang.

Seems like I broke the rule abit on the last RPG but now BW and I know what to do before we kill someone.

Look around each corner before you move because the chances are, you are not gonna make it.

Hey I got a question for the MODs or for people that knows the Rules very well.

BW and I were talking about how many posts we have to do before we kill one another. At first, we both thought that it should be 4 posts from each RolePlayer like this for example:

BW: Jumps and attacks Kidd. (1)
Kidd: Defends himself and trips BW. (1)
BW: Gets up and tackles Kidd. (2)
Kidd: Gets tackled and pushes BW off him. (2)
BW: Trips Kidd and stabs his leg. (3)
Kidd: Uppercuts BW and shoots him. (3)
BW: Runs around Kidd getting hit by some. (4)
Kidd: Gets up and clothesline BW. (4)
BW: Ducks and breaks Kidd's neck. (Death)
Kidd: Gets his neck broken and dies. (Fin)

Or could you kill after the second person's second post? (The one with Kidd getting tackled and pushes him off.) BW and I are both wondering. We both read the rules, but we are still wondering which fourth post are we allowed to kill the other person. We don't wanna end up breaking the rules while we Role Play against one another.

Note: Never Role Play like this, for those people that never been in a Role Playing Game before. I'm sure that yall won't.

predatoress, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I'll have my way, damn it!!! *shakes fist* lol

Good question, and practical.

ForHonor.jpg

hajou3, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I have a question, if a predator that i am with dies, am i allowed to take their acid proof weapon and use it for the rpg or would that be dishounorable.

Hajou3sSig.gif

Thanks for the info. Heheh, actually, somewhere along that old post line, I only saw 'Everyone is crazy' or something like that, and I decided to make something up with that, and I had just recently watched Kung Fu Hustle (if you've seen it, the part where he goes to find the Beast in the mental asylum). But since that quote's very close to what you had, you don't mind, do you?

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

Voltage-3000, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

was it Katam i bet it was katam

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

No, I wasn't implying that you stole it or anything, just that it was funny. No, it's cool.

deathdrop1.jpg

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

You can enter an RPG regardless opf your rank. By the way, nice line under your sig. Great minds (or in this case a great mind (you) and a derranged mind (me) think alike.

and my oldest sig:

"Everyone is insane. The ones in the nuthouse just got caught."

deathdrop1.jpg