Your personal experience with the A/P sagas

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 17 years ago

What was your peronal experience of Aliens vs. Predator? This applies for the games and comics, but more so for the film.

As for me........

Of course it started with the Alien and Predator films. Seeing Predator 2 with the alien head in the ship sent shivers down my spine. I still thought it could never happen though. Then I researched online in 2002 and found out that AvP had been in development for well over 10 years. I was like "wtf" and then I discovered the other forms of memorabilia associated with the AvsP universe. Seeing the original trailer for Alien versus Predator, which is still my all-time favorite movie trailer, got me more excited than ever.

After following every single bit of news ever printed online about the movie, only really being ticked by it when I discovered the rating, I saw it in Taos, New Mexico on opening day. Now, sitting next to a grueling predator fan (aka my brother) while watching the most anticipated film of MY LIFE on the silver screen was in itself glorious. It really brought my brother and I closer together. Watching the beasts duke it out was like watching my brother and I fight. Seriously, what could possibly be more fun than being a hardcore alien fan sitting next to an equally die-hard pred fan in a huge autitorium theater? The look on my bro's face as Chopper and Celtic were exterminated hahahahahahahah LOL

Blood-Bath3.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~
http://www.freewebs.com/shanezilla

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

It started with the movies. The first time I saw Alien when I was around 7 was a great experience... at the time, next to video games, I was almost obsessed with both Aliens and Preds. Now that I'm older, Aliens are(in my opinion) better for me.

Do you like Peanut Butter?
00Bloo_sig05.PNG

TITANOSAUR, Undefined, 17 years ago

when I was 3 years old I saw alien for the first time and I loved it. for me (in my opinion)I prefer the aliens over preds but it doesnt mean I dont like preds there cool too. but the xenomorph is my kind of critter.

if you love the alien movies go to my aliens forum at-

http://z3.invisionfree.com/thehiveofthealiens

Blade_Hunter, Undefined, 17 years ago

In the begining I just saw bits and pieces of the different Alien movies and Predator. Then I read Predator vs. Judge Dread and really got interested in Predator. From there I watched Predator and it's sequal countless times, and finally started watching the Alien ones shortly afterwards.

bladehuntersig.jpg

donut, Undefined, 17 years ago

well one day when my parents were watching alien in our living room ( i was like 5 or something) i walked in unsuspecting of the chest burster scene that was about to occur XD well i saw it, it scared the out of me, but i loved it. thats when it all started :D predator i watched a few years later, and i actually didnt see all of predator 2 untill last year, i didnt really like it a whole lot :C
the alien series however i've watched countless times, except for alien 4 because to me it just ed :C well a few years after seeing alien i started to play the avp computer video games (actually i would watch my older brother play them X3) but i got interested and starting playing as alien :D thats when i got so interested in aliens, because i got to play as one :3 as years progressed i loved them more and more, i started reading and researching about them, i started writing short stories about them, rpging with really old alien figures that belonged to my older brother and sister. my obsession just grew and grew and it still is :D

but yesh, thats how it began :D

673296.jpg
~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

wow! donut. hey did you ever see the wikipedia section on the Xenomorph?

my cousin loves alien what he do is when his parents go to town he'd turn on the TV and watch aliens with the vulume up full blast and scare the nabors thinking theres a war goin on over at his house.

me and my cousin are alien freaks. seriusly!

if you love the alien quadrilogy go to my aliens forum at-

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

I'm afraid I can't say I'm nearly as experienced as most of you, but if my memory serves me well I first encountered the Alien series when I was around seven. I watched half of "Aliens" at that age, and have been intrigued by xenomorphs ever since. After that I backtracked and saw the original "Alien" and went in chronological order. I've seen the first two films multiple times, but I absolutely refuse to ever witness "Resurrection" again.

As for the Predator series, I watched "Predator" and "Predator 2" in order, but I was not nearly as impressed as I was with the Alien saga.

Aside from the films, I hold no experience. I have read the entire entry provided by Wikipedia involving Xenomorphs and Acheron, but other than that I have kept my information strictly canon.

For the past couple of years I stopped paying much attention to both sagas, but, by having a obsession with unique animalia, I easily rekindled my fascination with the two species.

Recently, however, I have only been able to make much more acute and accurate speculations and references in the regard to xenomorphs based on my knowledge in the field of zoology and what I have learned during the two years I've spent studying biology at my school.

I have never played any of the Alien vs. Predator video games, though I have witnessed the film "AvP" three times now.

45324912.jpg

this sounds like a good topic for my alien forum. aspecualy sence I need members hehe.

yeah I love thoughs critters. aliens are cool!

kill_the_queen, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well to tell you al the truth, i watched both alien and alien three when i was young about five i think and they totally made my sh!t(pardon my lanuage bt thats the only way lol) myself. Predator i just laughed at thati don't know why but it was funny to me lol. and hey to the guy ho like critters i have the full box set!!!!

html>

Aeo, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well I'm new to this forum but I've been around the block in other forums, but this is my first alien vs. pred fourm but ive been quite a fan for as long as i can remember...

My first experince was when i watched Predator for the very first time when i was 5 that was the first time i wanted to join the military cuz the jungle in the movie was just so beautiful but the rush of being hunted the feeling i got as i watched each and every single one of Dutch's fellow members suddenly fall down to the might of the Pred, but then the tables where turned as Dutch finally found that the Pred had a weakness the heat vision could be tricked. Then to watch as man vs beast i was hooked from then on the Pred series has fallen a bit from the first one but always a joy to watch letting your imagination flow as you watch the hunter.

AvP was a movie i wanted to see, (Im pretty sure you all saw it comeing as well as i did when we all saw the alien skull in the mother ship in Predator 2) the movie wasnt wat i thought it would be but still it was a joy to see it on the big screen.

LOL, my topic has gotten a little out of hand. It was meant to be focused on everyone's experience with the A-v-P movie, with it being the latest and most highly anticipated and all. But this is cool. Actually, it's awesome hearing how you "found the saga". Well for me, I can still remember the day, I was 5 (I've now noticed a lot of parents have let five year olds watch R rated films) and I just got out of the bath (lol maybe I didn't need to say that but yeah). My mom talks to me as I am watching TV moments later and says "Hey Shane, there's a movie about an alien with two mouths on channel w/e." I changed the channel and saw Ridley Scott's original masterpiece. We went to Wal-Mart days later and my parents knew I loved Alien, so they bought me a toy. A Newborn toy. Now, I know a lot of you hate the newborn, but I gotta love it. It was my first alien toy. Then, months later, we rented the entire saga and watched them all in a row. SWEET. My mom and dad saw the first Alien in theaters back in '79, so they were overjoyed at me liking the saga. Unfortuntely my brother never liked it much. But then we watched the ultimate guy movie ever made : PREDATOR. WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Talk about chaos!

Blood-Bath3.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~

Err, sorry about that... I thought your message read "Alien & Predator"...

00Bloo_sig05.PNG

Oh no problem dude. I like talking about this. Let's keep this about alien and predator in general, that's actually kinda cooler to talk about. But you can all share of your AvP experience in the cinema.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

I didnt see this in the rules but it is alien related so.

any one check out my aliens forum I also have predator in it but its mostly focused on alien its...

its a new forum and I hope ya'll like to join.

back on this topic predators pritty cool to the wristblades are cool.

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I don't quite remember what came first, but they weren't far apart. It all started at about the age of 4. Back then I was into all kinds of monster things (as most kids of that age are) but then I remembered seeing a movie about skinned bodies hanging upside down, & it scared the cr@p out of me. Around the same time, I remember seeing a movie about marines fighting for survival against an onslaught of vicious creatures. At the time I didn't quite understand what was going on too well, I was probably just thinking "monster movie".

A couple of years later, & I was very interested to see those movies again, & remember what I loved so much about them. By that time, I had already watched segments of the original Alien, Alien 3 & Alien Resurrection, but never the full films. I still remember the first time I watched predator through to the end, the first time I saw the creatures face I was thinking "that is the coolest fu*#ing thing I have ever seen". Immediately afterwards I stuck predator 2 in the VCR, & I thought it was an excellent movie. Not too long after that, I went out & bought the predator 10th anniversary double pack, aswell as the Alien Sage triple pack with an extra copy of the latest movie in the series, Alien Resurrection. I also had bought an Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator comic book around the time, as just the mere thought of seeing aliens & preds going to head could just about get me foaming at the mouth.

Mid-2004- I was reading a gaming magazine in a newsagents, & saw a small movie still in the corner of one of the pages. It was a picture of a predator, & it was underlined in big, bold text, Alien vs. Predator. My mind immediately went numb, I couldn't believe it was finally going to happen. In the waiting months until the movie's release I could barely think about anything else. Several weeks beforehand, I couldn't contain my excitement. I had been constantly reading up about everything concearned with it. For years I had also been hearing about the Aliens vs. Predator 2 PC game, & how well recieved it had been. Soon after, I went out & bought the AVP2 Gold Edition, & was absolutely stunned by the brilliance of the game. The way it had managed to pull off an incredibly authentic world in the Aliens & Predator universes with the creatures themselves seemingly taken directly from the movies, it was, & remeins to this day in my opinion, the best Predatot or Alien game around, I still play it almost everyday.

Oct 7th, 2004. The day had arrived, the movie had been out for a week or so by this time, but I had not been able to get a chance to go & see it. But now was the time. After the 20 min drive to the cinema, nothing could impede my excitement. Sitting next to one of my friends in the cinema, it was incredible. By the end of the movie, we both walked out & we were loving it. It was the greatest movie we had seen in ages. Sure, in comparison with the original films it was poor, but as a popcorn flick it defenantly served it's purpose.

Late 2004- beginning of 2005- I was browsing the net for predator pictures, & I saw a link in the corner of a page on another site saying "preds r better than aliens, tell me what u think" or something to that effect. It caught my interest, I clicked on it & it took me to a different site. It was an AVP discussion board, filled with interesting people & great topics. From then on I was hooked, I visited the site almost everyday as a guest for well over a month. Then finally, I signed up, & I still go there today.

May 13th 2005- The release oame which I had been waiting for for months. Predator Concrete Jungle. I was so hyped for the game, because it would be the first proper predator game released on a console (excluding the old jaguar AVP games). I played the game, & I thought it was great. Just the rush of being a predator & hunting down prey was enough for me to look past the shoddy AI & sub-par graphics.

...& there u go, from my introduction to Aliens & Predator to this very day. Hope u enjoyed reading it, lol.

stalker.jpg

I remember being obsessed with Godzilla, Aliens, Predators, and Dragons... yeah... good ol' days...

Well, my experience with the Alien Vs. Predator film was really... well, I don't know what word to use describing it. At first, back in the beginning of June in 2004; I heard about it from my friend. I got excited about it(like any other Alien/Pred fan), so I went to see it when it came out in August. When first watching it, I just watched it for fun. Seeing it a second time, I noticed numerous mistakes, making it a movie that didn't add up to all the hype about it, but it was still a fun movie to watch... (After seeing that movie, I still didn't hate Anderson, which makes me like one out of maybe 7 or 12 guys who don't hate him for that)

00Bloo_sig05.PNG

I think he is awesome really. I noticed from my very first viewing of A vs P that he is an immensely talented visual director. Everyone has to admit, the film is gorgeous.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

He is a good visionary director, but I think the plotline, the continuity errors, and some of the computer animation was the movie's ultimate downside.

I had flashbacks of Jurassic Park 2 when I saw the Queen running across the ice, and those mistakes made with the xenos just killed it for me, especially since I favor them over preds. The queen was a little too...well...dumb to me, and I think her actions diminished the threatening cunning which xenos are best known for.

I was really looking forward to a full-blown brawl between a Pred clan and an Alien colony, so I guess I was disappointed. (I also didn't like the Xenos made on earth. I personally think the ones spawned on Acheron in Aliens were the coolest of the batch.)

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Aliens don't give off heat, so how was that last Pred able to anything without his mask?

On a plus side, I did enjoy a lot of the combat scenes, and some of the ideas involving a xenomorph's resourcefulness were very well thought out. I also loved the special effects used for the ice-tunnel, and the initial suspense with the predators in the camp was truly remarkable.

This is all very off-topic, I know, but I just felt like ranting.

45324912.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

i like avp all alien saga,all predator saga to bad two best preds were kill be alpha male normaal ar 5 preds in movie and script i like city Hunter cool predator last battle is best wit keys predator vision scan all mods for prey i hope alien 5 and alien 6 coming out.i hope avp2 movie better dan first one i hope predalien battle vs Elder on mothership with 500 preds on ship

predalien wil Destory all preds for Hive

I think Scar(That last Pred) was able to see the Queen without his mask because... I don't have a real explaination, because Aliens don't give off heat, and there was snow/ice everywhere...

(Sorry for getting off topic)

00Bloo_sig05.PNG