AvP Continuity Errors

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

I noticed a couple of interesting continuity errors when I viewed AvP...

1) In AvP the predator's blades never melted when they came in contact with an alien's blood, but their armor and nets did.

2) The remaining predator was able to make a weapon out of a deceased alien using its head and tail, yet neither the staff which the head was impaled upon nor the weilder were harmed / dissolved when they came in physical contact with the weapon, which, mind you, was removed from the cadaver and should have been coated in acidic blood...

Are these actual mistakes, or am I missing something? Can someone please disprove these if I am incorrect?

45324912.jpg

donut, Undefined, 17 years ago

well your right, avp was full of mistakes and those being some of them. it was a very faulty movie :[]

673296.jpg
~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

TDN, Undefined, 17 years ago

1. Actually, when Celtic cuts Grid's tail, its wristblades melted almost instantly after the cut. This was then contradicted in the same movie by Scar cutting half of an Alien's head off and suffer no damage to its wristblades. The movie actually contradicted itself here.

2. Again, the same as above. Though it could be argued that some of their equipments are made to be acid-proof, the question is why don't they make other weapons which are just as important (such as the nets) acid-proof.

And also, the shuriken that was thrown by Scar to the Queen didn't take any damage from the acid either.

TDN2.jpg
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Mabye they have to pay for weapons back on there ship plus pay for acid proofing of some sort there for they might of not had enougn pred money to make all weapons acid proof.lol. :P

Yet that may be going a bit to deep into thought but thought I would say any ways.lol.

Katam.jpg

.:Messageboard Rules:.

CuteFaceHugger, Undefined, 17 years ago

well AVP was good but the Director didnt know the first thing about Predators or Aliens at that

hey i havent see you on this site much are you new

CuteFaceHuggersStalkerSig.jpg
MessageBoard Rules

Proud to be of The Hive

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Ive also noticed that when Lex first encounters Scar and they get ambushed by aliens Lex uses Scar's combi stick to puncture the chest and back of an alien, and yet as the spear goes through the alien no damage is done to the spear.

brokentusk.jpg

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Me? Yes, I'm new.

Well, glad to know that I'm not completely wrong when I pointed out those two errors...maybe I should rent the movie again and make a list =p

Thing is that to make a good movie you NEED Ridley Scott to direct any movie with xenomorphs, plain and simple.

45324912.jpg